It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bomber Pardoned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Suicide Bomber Pardoned

www.cnn.com

A 14-year-old would-be suicide bomber from Pakistan, caught while on a mission to blow up an Afghan provincial governor, was pardoned on Sunday by President Hamid Karzai.

Taliban insurgents and their al Qaeda allies have launched a wave of suicide attacks against Afghan, NATO and U.S.-led forces in the last two years, seeking to show the government and its Western allies are incapable of providing security.

Most of the victims are Afghan civilians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.rferl.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Six-year-old suicide bomber

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I see one or two key points to this. First a bomber was pardoned. I don't know the details aside from what was in the news article. At first thought it just does not seem a completely wise thing to do. Second, the person in question was influenced into suicide and killing others at a religious school. There are school that are supposed to teach the faith all over the world. If it happened in Afghanistan it could happen any where. Third, I saw nothing in the article that the authorities and done anything to put a stop to the people in the school that influenced this boy to commit suicide and kill others.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
These kinds of news posts really tick me off. It's very evident that religion is being used as a tool to address typical instincts of humanity. We're battling constantly over false ideology and each claims to be doing right.

No wonder there hasn't been official contact yet, although, it would probably rid the planet of much fanaticism. Be it with riot or understanding.

Now... I don't exactly understand why they'd pardon this kid. It really doesn't make sense. You can't do much to change anybody who from the age 1 has been taught in a specific way to believe in a certain dogma. It's very difficult and takes a lot of self discovery. While it was a generous thing to do, aren't they worried he'll just attempt it all over again? And what's up with the lack of action to shut down the organization that did this in the first place?

Shameful.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I don't really know if he might do it again. But the school in question definitely needs to be shut down, and its teachers arrested and charged. They are the real ones to blame.
I do some times think that contact would change a lot, hopefully for the better also.
I just want people to stop using religion as a reason to go about killer each other. This story kind of really ticked me off also.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Is it possible that more then likely they pardoned him because he was innocent? Maybe some fanatics gave him a sack and didnt tell him what was inside of it. If the school was guilty Im sure it would be shut down. More then liekly there was a lot more to it then we know about.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Pie,
I have no doubt there is more to it then is being said. However the man in question was caught wearing a suicide belt. And his target was revealed. There is little question at to what his intentions were. Nothing was said about the school or the teachers so have no idea what has happened there.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Is it possible that more then likely they pardoned him because he was innocent? Maybe some fanatics gave him a sack and didnt tell him what was inside of it. If the school was guilty Im sure it would be shut down. More then liekly there was a lot more to it then we know about.

Another possibility is that he was pardoned because he was turned. Maybe they're using HIM just like AQ did to get him to be a double agent of sorts. Who knows? I've heard of stranger things than this in our own country's history. I'll use a piece of related history as an example. Bin Laden was actually our contact while we were fighting Russia back in the 80's. We used him to help stem the tide of the Russian Army during the Cold War, and then he turned on us.

It seems to me that this very same kind of behavior may be what's going on here. Maybe this guy was bought to do what he's doing.

Just a suggestion, mind you...

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Borg,
Yes being turned is a possibility, and at a bear minimum he was turned to where he no longer wants to kill him self and others, I at least hope. I just don't think they made a double agent out of him. I think for that to work he would have had to escaped on his own to lead the government back to the contacts.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Pie,
I have no doubt there is more to it then is being said. However the man in question was caught wearing a suicide belt. And his target was revealed.

Well They said it was a vest. I dunno but would a 14 year old know what it was? Like that other kid in iraq they directed him to go to such and such a place with a package and the kid had no idea what he was carrying. Remember those madrassas are extremely disciplinarian and if the teacher tells them to do something they will do it or risk getting a beating. He very well may not have known his little bit of cargo would have meant his own death.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Pie,
your point is taken. In then case of the six or eight year old I think you are definitely right. However at fourteen and wearing a vest I would half to think he knew what he was doing.

top topics

join