It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanas Lake Monster making headlines (Video 5/7/2007)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
There are an endless list of Lake Monsters or rather lakes with "monsters". One of these is the Xinjiang's "Kanas Lake Monster" in China. Sightings have spiked in the past few months, with the highlight an 8-minute video taken last week.

More on Kanas Lake and it's monster

Elusive mystical creatures emerged again in Kanas Lake of China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. According to the administration of the Kanas scenic spot, on July 5th at 8:20pm, huge ripples were seen on the surface of the lake by a few tourists carrying their portable video cameras.

The 8-minute video recording captured the entire event. From the video there can been seen a group of unidentified creatures, about 15 in number. They gather together and separate, looking like a fleet, and create a magnificent scene. The parts of creatures seen above the surface of the water are several times larger than the biggest sightseeing boat in the area.

Source

Source with images

The good news is that an expedition team is on its way to do research (if they're not there already).

The team will be dispatched in July at a cost of 1.5million yuan, or 180,000 US dollars.

But some are skeptical that they will uncover a monster's lair.

The director of Xinjiang Ecology Institute Yuan Guoying says after 20 years of study he believes the so-called "Lake Monster" is a type of large fish called a Hucho taimen.

(Source as above)

News video:

In my opinion this is much better quality than previous Loch Ness videos, at least the recent one. Alas there still isn't anything clearly visible...

I'll offer at least two applauses as a reward to the first person that posts (a link to) the full 8-minute video.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
That is a nice video, wonder what it'll turn out to be....

uh, Kanas Lake of China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region though, not loch Ness of Scotland.

nice find

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hmmm..fascinating..

J.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing. Having worked as a flyfishing guide most of my life, I am amazed that it is believed that if the creature is a fish, that it is a taimen.

From story:

It is known that eight kinds of fish inhabit the lake, the famous strainis, what the local says Big Red Fish, This fish is termed as taimen, whose sides are silvery white, back is brown red, liking to eat fries and wild ducks etc. It is a typical fresh cold-water carnivorous fish and big ones are as long as two meters or more, weighing five or six tons. It is still a mystery whether Lake Monster in legend is the same as “Big Red Fish”.

The taimen is a relic of a fish and by far the largest of the "trout-like" species.

For example, there are guided tours in Mongolia for Taimen.
www.fishmongolia.com...

Now picture a Salmonoid/troutlike fish the dimension of the creature in the article! Personally I find this would be virtually impossible, and although however unlikely, a creature seems the likely option.

Great post!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Going by the picture with the red circle in the first post, it looks like a dorsal fin and a tail fin sticking out of the water, almost shark-like.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
uh, Kanas Lake of China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region though, not loch Ness of Scotland.

nice find

I know. It's supposed to be "better compared to videos from Loch Ness"...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That is some great footage, I also wonder what it will turn out to be. I have seen some large fish before but that seems gigantic. It amazes me how some fish get to be so large.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
Absolutely amazing. Having worked as a flyfishing guide most of my life, I am amazed that it is believed that if the creature is a fish, that it is a taimen.

From story:

It is known that eight kinds of fish inhabit the lake, the famous strainis, what the local says Big Red Fish, This fish is termed as taimen, whose sides are silvery white, back is brown red, liking to eat fries and wild ducks etc. It is a typical fresh cold-water carnivorous fish and big ones are as long as two meters or more, weighing five or six tons. It is still a mystery whether Lake Monster in legend is the same as “Big Red Fish”.

Am I reading that quote right? Five or six TONS?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino

Am I reading that quote right? Five or six TONS?

That's what I was thinking! Is that a typo, because if not,

Bloody Hell!

That's a large fish. This here critter in the lake, part of me wants it to be the typical long necked 'Nessie' monster, where as the logical part of me knows that it's going to be one of those huge fish.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
That looks very cool. Nice video, I couldn't say what it is yhough, it's still too blurry for that...

Anyway it's easy to expalin why fish can get so big. The more space they have, the bigger they can get. If you let a fish live in a bowl and after years you give him an aquarium that's 10 times as big, the fish will start growing again.

new topics

top topics

join