It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP punching holes in clouds?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't know. I have no doubt significant portions of the story have been changed. As the story continues he is sorted out with a job and has a "handler". Even though by the end of the piece he is living in Vietnam, I'm not sure he would be as straight about specific people, or perhaps even agencies.

By the by, I am English, for my sins, and I do find all the acronyms a bit heavy going, Tom. NSA is obvious (as in the quote you posted). Am I right in thinking NDA is Non-Disclosure Agreement? ONI is Office of Naval Intelligence, and DIA is District Attorney's Office? You prolly don't notice anymore, being in that line of work, I'm the same with boats

Anyhoo, I kind of ingested those part of the narrative without really flagging them, but the section you got up to, with the proto-canaanite writing, is the part where it gets interesting. If you didn't get this far, this may turn you off for good, but the guy's real name is Gary Vey. He was looking for the Ark of the Covenant in Mareb, Yemen. A place he finally arrived at through translating the proto-canaanite inscriptions that can be found in Colorado, Yemen and Australia, all in the same script but also in the same early hebrew language (I think - will check). The funny thing is there is quite a strong connection between Gary Vey and Yemen. They think alot of the guy, and he has written several articles for the Yemen Times, specifically about the unknown heritage that these inscriptions are revealing. The archaeologist he mentions is also real, as are all the military facilities he mentions in the stories.

Ironically there was a news report a couple of weeks ago about a huge explosion in Mareb killing quite a few people. The upshot is that no archaeology is going to be conducted there until the situation in the Middle East in general calms down. I will spend some time tomorrow digging out relevant links, including the Yemen Times articles.

The implications of this story, if even half of it is true, are truly staggering, and I feel it might be reckless to write it off on the basis of what are actually fairly incidental procedural errors. Besides, he does use the word "flashed" when describing the NSA credentials. Isn't it possible he assumed they were NSA, as you say, because of expecting them to belong to that agency given their innacurate portrayal in the media?

What I would really like to do (Gary Vey won't) is replicate his translation program. His narrative contains all the necessary info to do so, but I lack the programming skill (although I do have a natural facility for linguistics). How about it, Mr. Bedlam?

Let me end this ramble (Not enough sleep, and not enough meds!) by giving you the last couple of paragraphs, which sum things up nicely, and give a pointer as to Mr. Vey's motivation for writing this piece which in my opinion don't include money:

We live in strange times. The Sun is erratic. We have witnessed 9-11, a senseless war and the puzzling re-election of its instigator by the masses, an ex-Nazi being elected as Pope and his very church withholding sacraments from members in a patently un-Christ-like act because they voiced dissent against its strict policies. Unemployment and poverty reign (as I well know) while oil companies list increased profits of as much as 500 percent. It's all surreal. Is it evil struggling to take control? Anything is possible.

In early 2007 the US Army announced that it was placing the petroglyphs in LaJunta, Colorado "off limits." (See National Geographic, May 2007) The cover story is that the troops need an area to train for a future war with China and the proposed war-game camp will be used with live amunition and munitions and subjected to real battle conditions. This will certainly and forever destroy the historic writing. I'm glad we photographed and video taped the area on our last expedition. But is there more to this story?

The translations of this unique area called it a "safe zone" where people would be able to find refuge from some future solar event. It's possible that the government has validated these ancient writings and realizes the value of this strategic location. It certainly is another example of the advances made by what can only be described as "evil," the Sons of Darkness.

What can we do? You decide.

The rest of the story is up to you. Ask good questions and get some answers. But above all, be careful. In the words of Colin Norris, "Keep your eyes open."

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Karilla]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
I don't know. I have no doubt significant portions of the story have been changed. As the story continues he is sorted out with a job and has a "handler". Even though by the end of the piece he is living in Vietnam, I'm not sure he would be as straight about specific people, or perhaps even agencies.

But on the other hand, what part of his story can you believe? Yeah, I saw that about the "handler" and didn't know quite what to think.

That job part, though, that's also bothersome. Now, I grant you, I've never been the webmaster for a power company. But I find the likelihood that you'd swear a "national security oath" for the job to be right at zero. The process he's describing is the one you go through the very first time you're read onto a classified project, and an SCI (secure compartmentalized information) one at that given that he's mentioning the title 18 part 794 "death sentence without a trial by jury" spooky story. Yes, that exists, and yes, they could kill you for certain violations, with only a closed-session court trial by federal judge sans jury. And yes, they take pains to make it quite clear the first time you are read onto a project that THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU, although it never has, to the best of my knowledge.

But in the list of things you can be executed for, none of them are "you didn't get the links right on the web page". To receive the death penalty requires you to reveal the identity of an intelligence agent who is then killed because of your act, or to breach your NDA such that you reveal information which "directly concerned nuclear weaponry, military spacecraft or satellites, early warning systems, or other means of defense or retaliation against large-scale attack; war plans; communications intelligence or cryptographic information; or any other major weapons system or major element of defense strategy." This pretty clearly doesn't mention beans about power companies.

But for the most part, you don't even have to swear the civilian oath unless you are working for a governmental agency directly, which he was not. He'd never go through an SCI sort of session - that's for very critical projects.

And again - to whom did he swear this oath? The NSA. Oh, so wrong. The NSA, as I explained above, doesn't have squat to do with this. While I don't think any of this happened whatsoever, if you were to have to "be cleared by the government" to work at a power plant, I'd expect it would be DOE (Department of Energy), since they at least have something to do with power distribution, and they are part of the intelligence community, although their intel mandate pretty much only covers nuclear weapons and Navy power plants. But he didn't say DOE, did he, he said NSA, which is dead wrong.

So my rating on this part of the story: also bogus. He's piecing together stories someone told him.

By the by, I am English, for my sins, and I do find all the acronyms a bit heavy going, Tom. NSA is obvious (as in the quote you posted). Am I right in thinking NDA is Non-Disclosure Agreement? ONI is Office of Naval Intelligence, and DIA is District Attorney's Office? You prolly don't notice anymore, being in that line of work, I'm the same with boats

Sorry. Yes to all except DIA is the Defense Intelligence Agency. They are "the warfighter's intelligence department" and amongst other things they collect intelligence on anything that might affect any branch of the military either directly or in the form of tactical or strategic information. In practice, there's also a few other things that go on there I won't discuss, although it would make quite a nice book as long as I wanted to live in Tierra del Fuego.

My wife is also British with a dual citizenship, and didn't that just make for a weird situation. But while they harrumph a bit it generally doesn't matter much in terms of my having a security clearance. Now, had she been Yemeni that would have been sticky. Her father told her to become a naturalized US citizen, and renounce her British citizenship proudly and with feeling, then as soon as my clearance went through (this was during college) to nip over to the British consulate and pick up a new passport. It turns out if you're British and you renounce, the British consulate gets a notification and files all the paperwork with the US, but logs it as a lost passport. You can't renounce British citizenship. It makes the security folk happy though.

Anyhoo, I kind of ingested those part of the narrative without really flagging them, but the section you got up to, with the proto-canaanite writing, is the part where it gets interesting.

He'd basically lied so many times up until then that I just couldn't stomach anymore. It goes way beyond the two things I've listed also. I'll try to get time to scrape up another you'll like. My impression is that this guy read Begich's book, added another layer of humbug, and used it as the basis of his website. As such, he takes a mistake that Begich made and expands on it.

Isn't it possible he assumed they were NSA, as you say, because of expecting them to belong to that agency given their innacurate portrayal in the media?

He also says they identified themselves as NSA, were at Ft Meade, gave him NSA business cards etc.

This isn't incidental, it's a direct indication he's having you on.

Let's turn it around. If I were to write a website with a similar story in which I said that some agents from MI3 picked me up and took me to their office on Downing Street in the Lake District, that might not draw any attention here, sad to say.

But what would you immediately think? Is it the sort of mistake a Brit would make casually? Wouldn't you laugh? 'What, there's a Downing in Cumbria? MI3 was disbanded in the 40s!'

Let me end this ramble by giving you the last couple of paragraphs:

The rest of the story is up to you. Ask good questions and get some answers. But above all, be careful. In the words of Colin Norris, "Keep your eyes open."

I agree with this part. Ask good questions - the answer for this website is, however, that he's making up an entertaining tale that he's passing off as fact. You should be careful, at least more careful than Mr Vey was when he wrote it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thanks for that, Tom. I do see what you mean and it appears from today's trawling that Mr. Vey has written a book! Hardly surprising he is spicing up his story. Its a shame, because the stuff about proto-canaanite or Old Negev being a global language. There are rocks that bear these inscribed characters in Australia, Colorado and Yemen. Aparrently.

I particularly liked your analogy regarding MI3, Downing St. and the the Lake District. Mind you (reaching, because its a lovely idea he came up with that ties in many disparate areas of personal interest) would you in his position reveal the real agency, when 99.9% of your readership, all brought up on movies, wouldn't know the difference? He may have been typing DIA and suddenly changed it to NSA when he heard the whine of a cloaked UAV somewhere in the distance, becoming louder......

Thanks again, Tom, I've learned alot!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
So , to recap, HAARP does the following:

control your mind,

Punch holes in clouds,

Control the weather,

Communicate with alien species,

Kill people by boiling their blood anywhere on the planet,

Can bring down airplanes,

Give the military a tool to replace the electromagnetic pulse effect of atmospheric thermonuclear devices,

Replace the huge Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) submarine communication system operating in Michigan and Wisconsin with a new and more compact technology,

Provide a way to wipe out communications over an extremely large area, while keeping the militaries own communications systems working,

Be a tool for geophysical probing to find oil, gas and mineral deposits over a large area.

Did I miss anything?

A planetary x-ray machine (wait - you said that)

A plot to depopulate the Third World (you said that too - boiling blood and all)

Tesla's wireless power transmission

Tesla's secret death ray

A way to kill Space Aliens

The bringer of the New World Order

CIA mind control machine

The end of wildlife in Alaska

The end of the human race

The end of Earth itself

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Karilla:

It may be the guy's talking about HIPAS. I thought about it a long time, and it's near Poker Flat, just up from Two Rivers. But there's not a huge array there, it's only a handful of antennas.

Here's a map..

..and here's their website.

edit: And HIPAS does have a VLF longwire, which is also like he described, which Gakona does not. So in a weird creepy way, it's like he's describing HIPAS, with the exception that there's not nearly as many elements in HIPAS and just a few hundred kW of ERP.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have a question i watched a video recently it was a whole big report on the HAARP project this woman interviewed a man named John Heckshire (I'm assuming he's on the project) from Hanscom Air Force Base He said HAARP only requires 3 billion watts and Bernard Eastlands patent called for 100 billion watts so how much are they really using?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocco21

It will be 3 eventually - but again, that's ERP and not total output power.

The antenna has a really high gain, so it has a high ERP compared to the real power.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So they haven't fully unleashed it's potential yet? (pray they won't)

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocco21

I can't imagine why I'd pray for that.

Then again I'm a HAARP-rationalist, I guess.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So I'm guessing your not afraid of the long-term effects on the planet, and possible military applications?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Has no one around here heard of Lt. Col Tom Bearden? Or his website?

cheniere.org...

There is quite a bit of information in here regarding scalar technologies. I really don't know much about it (compared to what there is to know) but i have discussed it in the recent past with other denizens of ATS.

"Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves… So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations…It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counterterrorism] efforts." *

Secretary of Defense William Cohen at an April 1997 counterterrorism conference sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn. Quoted from DoD News Briefing, Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, Q&A at the Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy, University of Georgia, Athens, Apr. 28, 1997.

It is obvious that there have been discussions about the use of EM weaponry, and statements such as this allow a peek behind the curtain.

Take some time to see how HAARP might work. There is a lot of crackpottery going on out there....but there is solid science that can support some extremely fantastic ideas.

As always, once a little truth has snuck out, the disinformation is soon to follow, and it makes people think it is "woo".

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocco21

From Gakona, there really aren't a lot of "long term effects on the planet". But yes, there are lots of military applications, you just don't hear about them a lot.

You can't get the effects in Eastlund's patent with the Gakona array. It doesn't have enough power by orders of magnitude.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Theoretically the HAARP project would create this kind of effect in the clouds if you look at it from a physical disturbance coming down at an angle from the upper atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Has no one around here heard of Lt. Col Tom Bearden? Or his website?

Yeah, and he's full of beans. That's the nice way to say it.

There is quite a bit of information in here regarding scalar technologies. I really don't know much about it (compared to what there is to know) but i have discussed it in the recent past with other denizens of ATS.

"Scalar" technology as he describes it doesn't exist. Bearden's got a bee in his bonnet over it. But you won't find any legitimate support for his theories, on the contrary, wherever he goes people fight to make sure he doesn't reference their work. Have you ever read his "swan song" paper he wrote in the AF? Someone quoted it on ATS the other day, I had forgotten about it. All sorts of interesting crap about cutting people's minds free of their bodies with death rays. Very crazy. Anyway he "retired" right after that one.

Secretary of Defense William Cohen at an April 1997 counterterrorism conference sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn.

That's a different project altogether.

It is obvious that there have been discussions about the use of EM weaponry, and statements such as this allow a peek behind the curtain.

But only Tom thinks it's HAARP that Cohen was referring to. Well, that and all the CT'ers that echo his website contents.

Take some time to see how HAARP might work. There is a lot of crackpottery going on out there....but there is solid science that can support some extremely fantastic ideas.

As always, once a little truth has snuck out, the disinformation is soon to follow, and it makes people think it is "woo".

Take some time to learn some comm theory - then you can look at the array elements and know what they are. Well, that and if you're working on stuff related to this then you know a bit about it, I guess.

But any decent comm theory EE or field theory guy could tell you what's going on just by looking at the array and the equipment that's used there. At least as far as any "scalar" voodoo goes.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

Did I miss anything?

Yes put up a new protective 'shield' around Earth when the magnetic field drops and leaves us defenceless...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

I have a copy of the patent but must admit I've never read it in detail. But I think that what he wrote has been misinterpreted. Besides which, holding a patent for an idea or process doesn't necessarily mean it works

If it dosnt work why have they spent billions in funding on researching, building, and using the darn thing? And oh yeah they use it if nothing else for long range communications which they openly admit to. Maybe they didnt build a deathray on purpose but continuosly meddleing with the ionosphere, which we know relatively little about, is going to have side effects, consequences for the "unintentional" abuse of the ionosphere.
by the way if it didnt do the quote thing right I apologize I had a little trouble with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

By not work, I mean it can't do the some of the things the patent has been intepreted as implying it can do.

What it can do is this

Meddling with the ionosphere may be dangerous, but it can have no effect on day to day weather which occurs many, many, miles further down in the dense lower atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

In the documents you linked to, on page 2 of the section called The Issues it says: The sun controls and shapes the three major regions of geospace-the magnetosphere the ionosphere and the atmosphere. These regions, rather than being isolated, interact with one another and form a chain that connects the earth to the sun through the atmosphere and the solar terrestrial environment. Disturbances originating at the sun spread through this chain via the solar wind solar radiation. They ultimately influence our weather our climate and even our communications....

You said meddling with the ionosphere may be dangerous but it can have no effect on day to day weather, yet, according to this information which you kindly provided that statement must be incorrect. The ionosphere is directly related to our weather.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
has anyone ever considered the fact that HAARP may be used to test whether or not we can control the weather. I am sure that if Big Brother can disapate the big storms which cause, flooding, gail force winds, blizzards, tornadoes, and possibly hurricanes then they would use such ability to get rid of or lower the threat of disastrous weather. I can also see Big Brother going a step further with this ability, if developed, where they could threaten or just cause famine in enemy countries by eliminating all forming rain clouds.

All clouds, as you may remember from elementary school, are formed by water clinging to debris in the air (like dust). They form and group together to form clouds. In areas of higher humidity, the cloud will grow as it "adds" to itself. This increases the chances of this turning into a large thunderstorm, hurricane, tornado, or worse. The sun can evaporate the water as well, thus disapating the cloud. 1,600 degrees, is well above the boiling point of water, which if aimed at a cloud, would evaporate the water from the cloud. Thus also disapating it, if they moved it to evaporate the whole cloud or decreasing it's size by focusing on parts of it to minimize threats of flooding, etc...

I see a possible weapon in development, under the disguise of helping to rid the world of the distructive forces from mother nature.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

I believe weather control is one of HAARPS primary functions. It is my opinion that through its extensive use they have thrown the climate off. Perhaps they had noble intentions but they cant play with fire and expect not to get burnt. I read somewhere that Katrina was heading for Houston which was evacuated(Houston is home to the think tank behind HAARP) But they used the device and steered the storm to New Orleans. Unfortunately I dont remember where I read it. A few years ago there was a blackout over most of the northeast. My ex wife was in Michigan at the time and couldnt drive home because the gas pumps didnt work. I have heard there is a HAARP facility in Michigan and it caused the blackout. I admit to having no proof but it makes more sense to me than the official story of a tree falling on power lines causing such a massive blackout.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join