It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who am I really? A Search for Self

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think I may have confused a few readers when I said you choose who you are.

Deep down, we are all the same. We are interconnected at all times, always have been, and always will.

However, the choices we make in this life dictate our responsibilities and people who gravitate towards us. Experiences propel us to new realities and life choices.

'Who' we are is much deeper than the surface.

I hope I didn't confuse or lose anyone so far...

The spark inside you is unchanging, but the persona and ego you have created constantly evolves...Towards a brighter tomorrow.

Our Self is the divinity at our core. St Udio, I may have been describing an ego/persona with a spiritual spin on it
. Sorry if I was confusing...

Sometimes when the ego breaks its housing shell and lets in aspects of the True Self/Higher Self, the ego feels it is 'spiritual' and no more work needs to be done.

That is simply not true, there is always work to be done. Until the day we all cease to exist on this plane, and then it continues somewhere else.

...To be continued...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I went to the 'Green Festival' in San Francisco this past November and saw Deepak Chopra speak.

Its rather funny that now, months later I receive an email from Deepak asking this same question, Who Am I Really? . I guess great minds think alike eh?

To experience this lesson you need to forget your name for a while. Let's say that "Whom am I?" is a real question now. Escaping name and form means finding out who you really are. Most of the time we experience ourselves through limitation. Playing a role is a limitation, yet every person slips in and out of roles all the time.

And continued from source...

So who are you?

Are you who you think you are?

Do you know that for sure?

How can you prove it?

Are you sure?

These are questions one must ask One's Self. You will find the answer within.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Perhaps the search for self is best understood from the contextual viewpoint of the ego. Well I found my ego, now what is left?

Jung views the person (psyche) in a more complex manner, including the shadow (repressed), ego, anima/us (male/female part depending if you're a male or female- the opposite sex within), and self.

The self was the "true" part of the person. The ego was built as a protective measure in childhood and became the "I", although that doesn't have to stay true.

The unconscious and conscious elements make up the psyche, with the self at the center.

reply to post by biggie smalls

Here's another Deepak link:

7 Ways to know Who am I?

1. What is your story?
Your story is more than just a list of the events in your life. It is about your self-image, how you see yourself, what shaped your mind, which memories imprinted themselves on you. Taken altogether, your story tells you where you are in the cycle of life.

2. What are your expectations?
Expectations are seeds. Once planted, they manifest into those things we gain from life, or lose. When you become aware of your own expectations, you discover the unspoken limits you have set on yourself. There is a huge difference between those who expect great things and those who don't.

3. What is your purpose?
This is the meaning you are trying to find. Purpose runs deeper than the superficial things we hope to get, which mostly center on money, possessions, status, and comfort. If you know your purpose, you know the deeper project to which your life is dedicated.

4. What is your destination?
This is about fulfillment. Human goals are endless; they unfold, not like a road that has an end but like a river that flows to join the sea, merging with ever larger possibilities. If you know your destination, you can envision your highest fulfillment.

5. What is your path?
Having identified your purpose and your destination, there must be a way to get there. "Path" has been adopted as a spiritual term, but in fact everyone, spiritual or not, follows certain ways to get where they want to go.

6. Who are your adversaries?
Forward motion is never without obstacles. On your path you will find yourself blocked. At times the adversary is external, but if you examine yourself deeply, you will find it is always internal as well.

7. Who are your allies?
We all bring others with us on our journey. Just as your adversaries did, you may identify these allies as external, but they only reflect your own inner strength, just as an opponent reflects your inner vulnerability.

I supposed this entire post could be a thread in itself...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
And continued from source...

So who are you?
I am a living soul using this flesh to be a part of this existence and experience these things. To love to feel pain, to suffer and to feel joy. these I must imprint deeply because it may be quite a while that I will need to draw on those parts of this life.

Are you who you think you are?
I am Michael here in the flesh and have a soul name that is neither male or female. I guess it does not matter after the change. Ego fouls my journey
often but it is a known enemy and can be dealt with.

Do you know that for sure?
Certain and deep from the spirit. I cannot deny what I know is true.

How can you prove it?
The spirit does not need to be proven to one who has experienced it and to one who has not there can be no proof.

Are you sure?
Certain in every way. When the truth becomes known it can never be taken back.

I am that I am. Nothing more and nothing less.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join