It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 % of "Foreign Fighters" in Iraq from Saudi Arabia?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

About 45% of all foreign militants targeting U.S. troops and Iraqi civilians and security forces are from Saudi Arabia; 15% are from Syria and Lebanon; and 10% are from North Africa, according to official U.S. military figures made available to The Times by the senior officer. Nearly half of the 135 foreigners in U.S. detention facilities in Iraq are Saudis, he said.

I'm not too sure how accurate any statistics are for such matters, though one thing I've always been say(and many others on here) is that the role of Saudi Arabia in all this is vastly being ignored by the Media and the Administration. I haven't heard many Democrats say anything about this, but I'm not American and don't avidly follow things anymore...

[edit on 15-7-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Doesnt surprise me.
Isnt Osama from Saudi?
Werent most of the alleged hijackers on 911 Saudi?

Iraq has nothing to do with anything EXCEPT that it is going to be the gas station for the global conquest war machine.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia really is the trump card in this whole situation. They are a power player in the mid east yet we rarely hear anything about them. Its always about Iran, Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine. What about the super rich nation to the south folks? Are we so ignorant to believe they keep their influence within their borders?

There are significant reports that Saudi Arabia is bankrolling the Sunni insurgency yet everybody talks about Iran. The Bush Administrations closest ally in the middle east is killing American soldiers.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the figures were anywhere near true. Al Qaeda is made out to be the cause of all evil in Iraq and yet another poorly reported figure is that Al Qaeda is only responseible ten percent of the attacks in Iraq. Its no wonder that the masses cant get an grip on the war in Iraq when they are being feed such dribble by the media and the masses don't think for themselves.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I wouldn't be surprised if the figures were anywhere near true. Al Qaeda is made out to be the cause of all evil in Iraq and yet another poorly reported figure is that Al Qaeda is only responseible ten percent of the attacks in Iraq. Its no wonder that the masses cant get an grip on the war in Iraq when they are being feed such dribble by the media and the masses don't think for themselves.

Whole cities in Iraq would not be revolting against Al Qaeda and the other terrorist groups and turning them into US and Iraqi forces if they were so popular.

90% of the violence in Iraq is due to Saudi Arabia (via terrorist groups) and Iran (via the Pasadran/Revolutionary Guard).

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Whole cities in Iraq would not be revolting against Al Qaeda and the other terrorist groups and turning them into US and Iraqi forces if they were so popular.

Huh ?
Where did I say that Al Qaeda was popular in Iraq ?
Could you elaborate a bit further ?
I have seen news reports of groups that once took up arms against the coalition are now opposing Al Qaeda but I haven't heard about whole Iraqi cities uprising against Al Qaeda.

90% of the violence in Iraq is due to Saudi Arabia (via terrorist groups) and Iran (via the Pasadran/Revolutionary Guard).

Even if the US had enough troops to win the war military it is doubtful that the war could be won in Iraq without an expansion of the War into Iran , Syria and Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I would suggest the foreign fighters are from the UK and USA

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm just glad someone finally brought the point up. Saudi Arabia is an ally that supplies weapons to the Sunni factions that have no doubt cost American soldiers their lives rather directly or indirectly.

We just want to focus on Iran however for the simple fact that Israel does not accept it's legitimate nuclear program, and also we will never go against our Royal Saudi benefactors even if terrorists leaders can be traced back to SA.

Shouldn't we have been there instead of Iraq?

Saudi Arabia is MUCH more guilty of fueling and supply the fighting in Iraq than Iran, but we will turn a blind-eye to this because we can't upset the Bush family's wealthy royal buddies.

Get that Cheese George!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
buy OIL stocks and buy gold.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
dp

[edit on 16-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well the Sunni minority in Iraq are being targetted by Shiites. So it would make sense that these Sunnis are coming from all over to help their bretheren over there. The Saudis are majority sunni (Wahabbists) so I guess there would be a majority coming from there.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would think that the Saudi nation is like ours in a way,

we are basically split 50/50, as are they..

I wonder if it is still the 'rich' kids going to fight though.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I would think that the Saudi nation is like ours in a way,
we are basically split 50/50, as are they..

Ed I cant make sense of what your saying hear.
Are you saying that the Saudis are split on the war in Iraq as well ?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
50% are probably pro - fanatic

50% are probably not

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Osama is a Saudi.

Majority of alleged hijackers on 9-11 were Saudi.

Looks like the Majority of SUICIDE BOMBERS in Iraq are Saudi.

Why doesn't somebody carpet bomb Saudi Arabia?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They have to much of that sticky stuff the bubbles up like old Jed Clampett had....that is why.

They are playing on thin ice, the US will not stand idle forever on this no matter what the 'tulipwalkers' here in the states say.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Doesnt surprise me.
Isnt Osama from Saudi?
Werent most of the alleged hijackers on 911 Saudi?

This is exactly what I was thinking. I think that many people in the US don't realize how bad the situation is with terrorists from within Saudi Arabia. Its almost as if it is covered up because of the Bush family ties to the royals. I don't think it would be embarrassing for Bush just to admit it openly. Its not as if the princesses have control over all of the people.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
One thing I should point out, what if an 'unfriendly' power had control of the Saudi oil fields?

What would be the consequences to the Western World?

They are the biggest piece of the middle eastern puzzle and a easy solution is not at hand.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
One thing I should point out, what if an 'unfriendly' power had control of the Saudi oil fields?

What would be the consequences to the Western World?

They are the biggest piece of the middle eastern puzzle and a easy solution is not at hand.

We might actually have to use an alternative energy source for a change. Maybe something a la Tesla.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Or we could just go take it for free, you know they could not stop us. Hell we could send the Mississippi National Guard to do it, of course if their hands are not tied by the politicians.

Not that I am advocating that but it is a possibility, If we wanted to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join