It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo's in Infrared/Ultraviolet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Im not sure wether this has been asked before but....

If invisible UFO's are flying about and we can only see them in infrared or UV that leaves a small problem to my way of thinking.

If a craft has some device which blocks visible light but reflects IR and UV why do we see the image behind the craft. If its not reflecting visible light it should show up as a black spot. If they're passing all spectrums of light through themselves they should also be invisible in IR and UV.

Maybe im missing something??

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There are certain materials that are being currently investigated by physicists that can 'bend' certain electromagnetic radiation (visible light, UV, and IR fall into this spectrum) around them, making it appear as though it doesn't exist.

Currently there are materials that can bend microwaves around them, cloaking them to microwave-scanners, but visible-light bending materials are still theoretical.

Infrared would be hard to cloak because anything with heat (everything in the universe) emits infrared radiation at some level. Of course, putting some kind of insulator around a heat source would help hide the infrared radiation, but the heat will still leak in varying amounts to the outlying environment.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
IR could be picking up the image of the heated air around the craft, and it might show up in the shape of the craft that the air is actually touching. So, the craft could be giving off heat, even if they are somehow masking other radiation types.

This might even leave "trails" or other strange visual phenomenon, since we would be looking at the effected air.

Which, now that I think about it, may actually make a photo image of this situation appear much like the "worms" and "serpents" and "shape changing" UFO images we have seen.

Something to think about.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
In the south of Mexico on March 5, 2004 UFOs were recorded on FLIR System's Star SAFIRE II infrared cameras which "detect electro-magnetic radiation in the 3 to 5 micron bandpass, with a resolution of 640 by 480 pixels".

In this Full Article, the infrared recordings, explanations of how the cameras work, limitations, and how to interpret what they can detect are explained. It speaks in reference to the Mexican UFO video recordings, but also gives you a general overview of infrared.

Its a great article and a good read.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Pedro Avilla vidotapes UFO in a different spectum, on Best Mexican UFO video 2006 I wonder if this is "nightshot" setting on camera? I wonder if it is safe to scope the skys in the daytime in nightvision? Very important information..

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Came across this which might help the really enthusiastic photographer.

geektechnique.org/index.php?id=254

Good hunting!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nzmetalla

If invisible UFO's are flying about and we can only see them in infrared or UV that leaves a small problem to my way of thinking.

Who says invisible UFO's are flying about? and where is the evidence to support this theory

If a craft has some device which blocks visible light but reflects IR and UV why do we see the image behind the craft. If its not reflecting visible light it should show up as a black spot. If they're passing all spectrums of light through themselves they should also be invisible in IR and UV.

Yep you are missing the evidence to support your idea of Invisible craft

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I just listened to Coast to Coast AM tonight (replay) and they had Linda Moulton Howe that was discussing infrared UFOs. They couldn't be seen by the naked eye, but witnessed them through the infrared camera (many witnesses), and watched it change from an oval to a square. Pretty interesting. I would love for some people here on ATS with the capabilities to record Infrared to get us some good footage.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nzmetalla

You are not considering the possibility of a craft that is *deliberately* cloaking itself by projecting light to mask it's presence, but only doing so in the visible spectrum.

You are also not considering the possibility that maybe the cloaking effect is a side effect of some propulsion mechanism, that happens to let light thru in some parts of the spectrum.

In any subject of human thought, the universe of possibilities that are not being considered and that nobody can even begin to comprehend is infinite.

To identify an inconsistency in the one possibility you've been able to come up with is inconsequential.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nzmetalla

From OP:

why do we see the image behind the craft

We don't see the craft behind the surrounding lightning when going fast
or UV excited air that looks like a dark rain cloud when sitting in one place
in hover.

We see them when they go slow and low like in the Belgian Triangle
or other such sightings.

Seeing IR with night vision is due to the electrical excitation of the
air. Air is cooked like a microwave might do but with much higher
voltage and more powerful electrical coils.

Note if people see a beam with IR reaching up to the heavens to draw
in the anti gravity forces.

new topics

top topics

join