It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

junk food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
at my school they are outlawing in a sense " junk foods and sodas" WHy this fating thing of america isnt because we are giant buffet hoards and all we eat is crap. what happens to all the kids that are not fat and all they want is a twinkie and all they can get is apple juice and a granola bar? so insted of fat they become animik?
give the kids there coke and CANDY
stupid school districts they can even make money off the vending machines

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think the schools need to worry more about teaching you kids proper English. I could barely understand what you were trying to say. Seriously.
I also don't think this belngs on ATS. BTS would be more appropriate.

Just my $.02

We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom. Teachers leave those kids alone.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
why? becouse it needs to be done

they BETTER add someother snacks tho, some typs of checkmixes are good...

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i say all of us highschool kids with these problems load up at the sams club with mad snacks and wage highly profitable guerilla warfare

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
thats a good idea!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
or maybe they should leave teaching to the schools and make parents more responsible for their kids and their lives until they are 18.

amazing to see so many people rely on the government to do things for them their parents just did on their own, without complaint i might add.

yes its hard to teach your kids about nutrition and why they should eat right when all of their friends are eating mcdonalds junk food and candy but noone said being a parent was easy.

i also dont think its the school's place to outlaw such things. private schools are another matter.

time to hold parents feet to the fire and make them more responsible for their children.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I know there's like 10 vending machines at my school.

They've replaced one of the soda ones with this new drink. It's kinda like this milk thing, not sure what it is exactly.

I'm sure that they make alot of money off these machines. Between classes, you can see swarms of kids running towards them.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
They've replaced one of the soda ones with this new drink. It's kinda like this milk thing, not sure what it is exactly.

Don't drink it. It's poison.

I have 4 vending machines in my school. Two soda, one Gatorade and one Water/Fruit Juice... things. Since American kids/teens are among the fattest in the world, they'll probably be gone soon. Then again, maybe not. Only time will tell. And yeah, parents need to take more responsibilty when it comes to what their kids eat. Maybe even make them (wait for it) go outside.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't see a problem if you're provided good, nutritious food at home.

Balance junk food with good food from home.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i dont see a problem with it really!

I mean think about it....At least your having one healthy meal a day,

After school you can eat what you want!
It just insures that you get the food content to keep you well!

and its good for the kids whos perents dont really care about there childs eating habits, least at school they will get what they need,

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't see why they can't have diet sodas, water, and fruit juices, etc.

Also, I see nothing wrong with the balanced meals they've been serving for years... Soda is the key issue, not sweets. Regular soda is guaranteed weight gain.

My only "diet" was cutting these out completely, and switching to diet soda, and I can now fit into several pants I haven't worn in years...

Bravo for the removal of regular soda....but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.....

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The controllers are shifting us from personal responsibility to making all of us wards of the 'state.'

When that is accomplished then the next step is to regulate procreation etc.

Soon there will be no family but you are born alone.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
man, I want some sour skittles.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I think the schools need to worry more about teaching you kids proper English. I could barely understand what you were trying to say. Seriously.

OooOOOOoo that burnt.

Personally, I don't see a problem with banning junk food. Whilst kids are away from their home environment, they have a tendency to get away with what they can. This includes eating crap that they wouldn't be allowed to have at home. If parents educate their kids properly on the subject of nutrition, schools wouldn't need to bring in such measures.
As for the excuse that some kids need the sugar or they turn anaemic? Well, if this is the case they can easily get their sugar dose at home where their parents will be able to deal with the hyperactivity that often accompanies such ingestion.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser

LOL you got that right. Just taking it away will make them want it more. I think the nation needs MORE fat kids. If we can trade cool smoker kids for ugly fat kids(so to even out the medical spending), we can really take a stab at teen pregnacies cause they'll be so fat and ugly that they won't want to reproduce with each other lol therefore slowing the population growth. It's all a BIG conspiracy!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomanyquestions
at my school they are outlawing in a sense " junk foods and sodas" WHy this fating thing of america isnt because we are giant buffet hoards and all we eat is crap. what happens to all the kids that are not fat and all they want is a twinkie and all they can get is apple juice and a granola bar? so insted of fat they become animik?
give the kids there coke and CANDY
stupid school districts they can even make money off the vending machines

~if that's your biggest thing to worry/bitch about, count yourself lucky

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Who cares? Its not like kids cant just go down to the store and buy chips or candy anytime they want.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
maybe they feel in this day in age chances of getting slapped with a lawsuit is viable.

maybe they feel it makes sense because kids these days aren't getting the excercise kids once had since the internet exploded, and xbox et all became a hot commodity.

kids nowadays reach for the twinkies and soda's so they can have a quick snack and get right back on the computer. Times have changed, and not for the better, when it comes to health and fitness in kids and teenagers.

I never even see kids playing on the streets anymore, like we used to do.

I see bigger teenager's, chubbier cheeks, droopy drawers, fubbly fingers, and flubbery waistlines.

Not good...

I don't have an opinion on whether or not schools should have twinkie machines/pop machines.

I just know kids are getting fat, and it's not really grabbing anyone's attention enough. to raise an eyebrow and do something.

I guess maybe I do have an opinion afterall...

Whoever wants to help these fat kids, god bless em.

We wish for a healthy society where people can fit through their living room doors don't we?

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Maybe the school doesn't want to be sued for contributing to problems with diabetic kids eating candy because they're too stupid to know not to eat a pound of M & Ms and drink a liter of Pepsi.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Don't worry, I don't think anyone has ever gotten anemia due to a lack of junk food.

But then again, you did say animik, that could be something different.

new topics

top topics

join