It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, maybe Sean Hannity is on our side of the UFO subject...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Did anyone else just catch his Roswell segment on his show Hannity's America on FOX today? He presented all of the main evidence about the crash in about 10 minutes. He interviewed Marcel Jr and Friedman. There was no making fun or ridiculing during the segment. Thumbs up to Sean Hannity... maybe he is much more open minded than I thought...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Actually this plays in perfectly to the idea of the media getting us ready for some kind of UFO event. There is a lot more evidence to support the 9/11 conspiracy theories than there is Roswell, yet Hannity brutally attacks anyone on his show supporting these theories. It simply fits into the agenda and I don't really believe it has anything to do with Hannity at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I was flipping through the AM radio dial one day in 2005 for some reason and I heard republitarian commentator Neal Boortz claiming to have witnessed a saucer shaped UFO as a child while in the back of a truck.

This subject does extend beyond political boundaries. However conservatives are less willing to think and accept that their own government would perform criminal activity to hide something like this.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Awesome!!!
My general political view leans more towards conservative so when I am tired of hearing the crap music on FM radio I will switch to AM and listen to Sean Hannity, Michael Savage and Bill O'Riley. My favorite is Michael Savage. But latley I have been staying away from anything Main Stream because IMO everything that is talked about in Main Stream is crap and is irrelevant compared to the real truth.

I would have never imagined that any one of those guy's would touch this subject with a 100 foot pole. Guess I was wrong. I can only hope that this has opened up the subject a little bit more to the Main Stream.

[edit on 7/15/07 by housegroove23]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't like how people on here keep attributing the recent UFO coverage in the media to an "upcoming disclosure event." It has only been talked about so much lately because of the 60th anniversary of the Roswell crash. Wake up people...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I don't like how people on here keep attributing the recent UFO coverage in the media to an "upcoming disclosure event." It has only been talked about so much lately because of the 60th anniversary of the Roswell crash. Wake up people...

Very true. I don't think any government that has hidden the subject for sixty years or longer is going to suddenly give up that secret. It's going to remain the mystery it is for as long as our contemporary governments exist.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
/\ Exactly. When Sean Hannity was getting ready for his Sunday show all week long, he wasn't approached by men in black who said "Hannity, you must run a segment about Roswell because we are getting ready to tell the public all about it." Instead, what most likely happened, was Hannity was browsing through recent news headlines and noticed that the 60th Anniversary of the Roswell crash has been getting a noticable buzz. So of course it would make sense for him to throw in a segment about the same thing that every other news station has been reporting on. It has nothing to do with disclosure.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

you are actually probably right on this one, and I was wrong. But I still cant shake the feeling that something is up. I don't trust the media at all, and every time they do a story on UFOs it ends up being heavily biased towards non-belief, and they usually go out of their way to make anyone who is a "conspiracy theorist" look like a loony.

This story probably has everything to do with the anniversary and not some future disclosure, however the media still has an agenda when it comes to this topic and Sean Hannity is certainly not exempt from it.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
I don't trust the media at all, and every time they do a story on UFOs it ends up being heavily biased towards non-belief, and they usually go out of their way to make anyone who is a "conspiracy theorist" look like a loony.

Couldn't agree more. That was painfully evident when the much-hyped Peter Jennings documentary "Seeing is Believing" aired on ABC. I was utterly dismayed when it simply devolved into a debunking fest.

Screw them, the media has always been the biggest enemy of UFO disclosure. You know how it goes--no matter how unusual the sighting, they trot out the nearest astronomer (is if they are qualified terrestrial observers) and "meteor," "space junk," "satellite," case closed. I expect nothing constructive from the media regarding UFOs, ever.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
But yuefo, surprisingly enough, Sean Hannity didn't do any of those things you mentioned. He presented the case in a very fair and balanced way, and gave me the feeling that he actually was leaning towards the alien explanation more than the balloon explanation. He left it up for the viewer to decide, obviously, but in no way was he trying to ridicule the subject.

I'm sure his show will air again tonight on FOX, so try and catch it if you can...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Sounds like what happened is that Sean Hannity came across some of the Main Stream hoopla about Roswell 60th anniversary and looked into it a little bit, maybe even did a little research and has changed his mind about the subject.

These conservative talk radio show guys are the guys that are the most brutal to toward people in the UFO/Conspiracy communities. They usually will hang up on the caller after the first sentence if they feel that it sounds the slightest bit nutty. The hang up is usually followed by a bunch of degrading put downs by the Talk Show Host.

Sean Hannity discussing the UFO topic even if it is based on the whole "Roswell 60th Anniversary hoopla from the Main Stream Media" is not normal!

We are not seeing any kind of disclosure thing here. What we are seeing is the possibility of more people seeing and maybe even awakening to the Truth.

[edit on 7/15/07 by housegroove23]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Housegroove, I think you may be right that Hannity ended up doing some research on his own and was surprised at what he found. If you watch the segment you can obviously tell that research went into the segment. I was very surprised at the absence of jokes and ridicule, ESPECIALLY coming from someone like Hannity, on his own weekend show even...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I recorded this last night and have yet to watch it. Judging by what you all wrote I don't think ill be trying to slap Hannity through my tv set. It is good to hear that he treated this subject seriously, if only others in the media were to do the same as I am getting tired of the constant green men and probe ridicule. There are some pretty credible witnesses to this phenoneom and they should not be made fun of for telling their stories, that "bleep" is so third grade.... As for disclosure coming about I hope so but I doubt it will be seen until we are a one world government.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Actually this plays in perfectly to the idea of the media getting us ready for some kind of UFO event. There is a lot more evidence to support the 9/11 conspiracy theories than there is Roswell, yet Hannity brutally attacks anyone on his show supporting these theories. It simply fits into the agenda and I don't really believe it has anything to do with Hannity at all.

Actually I'll believe Roswell long before I give any credability to 9/11. Too many people have too many political agendas that they are trying to push with 9/11. Roswell in compairison is relativly free of political issues.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It does make sense for a lot of UFO coverage to appear in the media around the roswell 60th anniversary. But at least now people aren't being ridiculed as much than in the past for discussing the UFO phenomenon. It appears this topic is being taken more seriously, which is a step in the right direction if we ever want disclosure.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hannity just toes the company line. If Murdoch wants it said, he says it.

Could be a ploy to get all the conspiracy theorists from concentrating on 9/11 and the War on Terror, and get them back concentrating on something more benign like UFOs.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nothings gonna change.
The first thing we'll know about it is when the sky is filled with Saucers and by then it wont matter who covered what up, the game will be over.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's all about market share. Fox saw that Larry-stick-in-the-mud King had a panel of experts and expert-wannabes and the numbers were pretty good, so, Voila! fox follows with a sound bite of their own. And yes, Murdoch probably saw King and told his boys to give it some air time. A ratings game - and nothing else...

The upshot, IMO, is that Hannity was much more cordial and professional than that condescending blowhard Larry Queen was the other night.

just my $0.00002

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Outrageo could be right, it may also just be a ratings game.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So are Aliens Republicans or Democrats. I think they are Libertarians

I've never seen this topic as belonging to any political mindset. My Peers tend to be mostly Conservative (Successful Over 50 Small Business Owners) and they talk about UFO's as much as anyone I think. Me, I'm registered as Undeclared and lean to the Right even though I identify more with the Libertarians than any other group.

I was not surprised in the least when I read about this. Why do people try to politicize everything in our lives would be a good question. If I were that biased I would not trust my own opinion. One sided thinkers on either the Left or Right are ruled by emotion and have bad judgment. Until they realize their Leaders lie all the time too, they will be part of the problem and never part of the solution. Trying to categorize the UFO issue as a purely Left Wing issue is proof of intellectual blindness IMO.

What I'm finding is that most who are interested have either seen something they can not explain or someone they trust fully has confided in them about an experience.

top topics

join