It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sulphur smell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Can anyone help?
Its 1.30 am and i just got an overwhelming smell of sulphur under my nostrils.
I live in a town in the uk that makes nuclear stuff(wont say what)
what would cause this smell?
Also there is a sort of fog that i think is related to the smell.

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If you're concerned, phone the authorities.

Council, local police station (not 999 though), that sort of thing.

They won't mind coming out, could even try the gas board, might be something as simple as that.

CX.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We have USGS here in the U.S., do you have something similar? It is best to do what the post above says though and report to your local authorities first to be on the safe side. I would also cal a local college and health dept. if it was happening here. Best luck to you. p.s. my first hit was earthquake coming...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
DO they put an "odorant" in the natural gas supply there?
They do here, and it smells somewhat sulphurous.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
tracey ace, do you live in Reading or Basingstoke by any chance? Where you live would be a great help, but I live in Reading.

DO they put an "odorant" in the natural gas supply there?
They do here, and it smells somewhat sulphurous.

Yes, it is very distinctive, but I wouldn't say it was sulphurous. Then again, I have the sense of smell of a nasally challenged womble...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Could be your water; in my town we'll get that smell because of "water purification". However, our own city said that the water is not really safe to drink.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It had been raining also and one of my thoughts after googling sulphur smells was that it could have been acid rain.
I live in the midlands and we have nuclear power just down the road.
But the way the smell just wafted under my nose.Really strong.Like a full box of matches had just been lit under my nose.Then i went outside and there was a kind of fog that smelled of it too.
It was like it was blanketing the area.
I had a weird sensation just like the time i was a kid back in the 80s and
in the summer around this time, every car and fence everywhere was covered in an orange coloured sand and all the news reports said it was a storm in the deserts of the gulf or somewhere that had sent all this sand into our atmosphere and settled in the u.k.
What makes me laugh is the fact that if it was anything bad that i went outside and took another lungfull of this stuff lol

new topics

top topics

join