It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the dream end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
allow me to dive straight in

I've had lucid dreams since i don't know when, 6? nevermind

those dreams were mostly ok, after all I controlled them

here's one that I didnt control

it wasn't even a lucid dream to be honest

I woke up because I felt threatened

My first reaction would and will be getting ready to fight

sadly I couldn't move don't know why

anyway this very malicious thing was leaning over me

it was enyoing the fact that I was paralyzed

I decided then that if I'm #ed so is whatever that is

I didn't scream but I bit

I bit its throat out

I woke up later thinking, bad dream

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
here's the funny thing, when I woke up in the morning

weelll I wasnt to refreshed but my dad said

do you know what I've dreamt

I said no

he told me how he saw a beast attack me and he couldn't hurt is

I told him I tore that #ers throat out, I can still taste the furr and blood

My dad said well done

and that was it

these things happen

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i have had things like that happen to me where i could taste and smell the things that were in my dreams but then it makes me wonder if it were a dream in the first palce. it usually feels so real and that it really happened . dreams are crazy things mirrorshade remember that.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When one asks, where does the dream end, was that real, one should bare in mind the other half of the question.. Is the waking life any more real than a dream?..

Both can be equally real, positive, or negative, thrilling, shocking, void, or touching to the observer. It just depends on where you allow yourself to percieve from, and how you decide to react in the here and now.

The difference between a dream and waking life, from the human perspective, is that in the "real" world you have a body, which is a finite object, subject to the conditions of the environment around it. You can get injured, or hurt, both mentally, but more importantly (to some), physically. You seem to be at the mercy of time.

In a dream, time is both illusive and lucid. But on the plus side, you are not subject to time in that the physical reality created may seem to work against you. You still are the observer, but you do not have a physical body as such. You can still be "hurt", in the sense that you can be frightened significantly, but actually harm can never really come to you, because ultimately you are still yourself, just without the body.

Harm only comes when the ego can't handle the situation and bottles out. But know that this is not YOU. The ego is not your true essence. It is the personality you take on due to your disconnection from the truth/spirit. Therefore there is no need to fight, no need to resist. Just be in the moment, and realise you control the situation (dream). If something or someone scary appears before you, just know they can not harm you, and be done with it. Its when you forget you are in control the whole time that the ego suggests, puts forward, the idea, the need to be FEARFUL. The ego does not understand the truth, because it is the seperation of you from yourself.

Dreams are no more real than you allow it to be. The next time you catch yourself in sleep paralysis, just realise that what you may or may not see before you is probably just yourself

You mite want to have a look into sleep paralysis and Out-Of-Body experiences.. take the oppurtunity to learn about the situation you described, and how to get the most out of that state. When you become aware of the truth of the situation, it opens up many possibilities.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It sounds to me like you had an episode of sleep paralysis.

Another link: en.wikipedia.org...

I've had this happen to me in the past, so I know it's scary and seems real, but it's an effect of the brain.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hi guys, and thanks for the replies.

I may not have been clear enough in describing what happened, so allow me to elaborate a bit.

I realized at the time that I was dreaming so I don't think of it as sleep paralysis.

The weird part for me was that my dad had dreamt about something attacking me that very same night. He even described the critter quite correctly.

So I was wondering If any of you had that happen, dreaming the same thing as somebody else on the same night?

*edit for spelling*

[edit on 16-7-2007 by Mirrorshade]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Please understand. Your consciousness is not yours and yours alone. It is a much more collective thing than we understand.

I met this girl the first day of my freshman year in high school, and she knocked the wind right out of me. I wasn't shy around anyone else but i couldn't muster up the courage to talk to her, let alone say hello. She sat directly in front of me in four classes that year so my grades suffered badly. Not impressive since she was ranked #2 in the graduating class, but anyway.

I had been training myself to be a lucid dreamer and control my dreams for about a year before i met her, and about a year AFTER i met her i had a rather odd dream...

I dreamed i was at school before the first class, just kind of hanging around talking with everyone in the halls. I saw her and we talked. It was a dream so i could say anything, but she was talking a lot more than usual. I asked her to ask me about the weather in the morning if she had a crush on me.

So the next morning i'm walking through the doors into the concourse area (where my dream was), and i almost ran into her. I got all tongue tied when she said hello, then she said in passing "nice morning out isn't it!" I gave her a funny look, remembering my dream. Later that day she asked me out.

About a month later she told me about a dream she had where I told her to let me know if she thought it was a nice day. obviously that dream was the night before she talked to me. She thought it was kinda neat, and i managed to keep my composure until i got home from school. After that i freaked out.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hi Cyfre,

Yes this was exactly what I meant, realizing that our conscious-consciousness, for lack of a better description, is just the tip of the iceberg is really kind of freaky.

I mean I've read about Jungs theory about the unconcious, but reading about something and/or experiencing it first hand is quite a different story.

Anyway thanks for telling about your glimps of that grey area.

top topics

join