It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind... guided by demons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In response to the claim posted a while back that these boards have the same things posted over and over, I have been trying to spice things up a bit, so here is a new one to discuss, has mankind been guided by demonic forces?

Socrates - Responsible for an entire line of thinking (Socratic Method), highly influential to thought both ancient and modern, claimed to have a daemon (who left him on his death bed)

Mohammed - In the Hadith there are several cases of Mohammed claiming possession

"Thereupon Allah’s Messenger said: "It is your devil who has come to you." I said: "Allah’s Messenger, is there a devil with me?" He said: "Yes." I said: "Is there a devil attached to everyone?" He said: "Yes." I said: "Allah’s Messenger, is there a devil attached to you also? He said: "Yes."'"

The Hadith ends with the Prophet saying: "But my Lord has helped me against my devil and as such I am absolutely safe from his mischief."Next, Muhammad confirmed publicly what he had revealed privately to Aisha.
"Allah’s Messenger said: 'There is none amongst you with whom is not an attaché from amongst the jinn, a devil.' The Companions said: 'Allah’s Messenger, is there a devil with you too.' Thereupon he said: 'Yes, but Allah helps me against him so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.'

So here we see a man, whose philosophy/theology currently influences over a billion people claiming to have contact with daemonic forces.

Has mankind been influenced by demonic doctrines?Discuss.

Hopefully this should be a good thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If the term 'demons' actually refers to the human nature of
listening to & acting upon our baser instincts, those less than nobel
behaviors which are also known as the '7 deadly sins'

then Yes, a goodly 15% of humanity takes actions
(and are usually arrested) that we collectively call lower/baser, carnal drives
which we then euphemistically call 'demons',
so as to deflect somewhat our own responsibility...i guess

it reminds me of an comedian ? i think it was Skip Wilson? who used the schtick & tag-line..."the devil made me do it!

[edit on 15-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think it was Flip Wilson, and no I am in no means saying that every less than noble intention or action that mankind has occur has otherworldly origins, that would be taking it to an insane extreme, however when you have two vastly influential individuals claiming possession and their works have influenced so many people, I just think it is noteworthy and worth a discussion.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by brotherforchrist]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'll take this thought experiment one further. As stated in other articles here, some or many people believe to some extend that Earth is part of an experiment or human zoo. Suppose then, not only are we here as an experiment and for observation, but suppose we are here as a remote carnal getaway..

Let's assume that most of the alien species that have the technology to get here are also on a much higher spiritual and intellectual plain. So, they sometimes like to come here to have fun, or have a get-away from their higher duties and just have fun with no recourse.

On a smaller and local scale, don't most people here on Earth do things or behave badly when they are on Holiday or on Spring Break?? Perhaps it's the same with Aliens but on a larger galactic scale..

Who knows, it's all possible.. One way to explain random possessions and "going nuts."

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
In response to the claim posted a while back that these boards have the same things posted over and over, I have been trying to spice things up a bit, so here is a new one to discuss, has mankind been guided by demonic forces?

Yawn...more religious nonsense...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Shadow_D, I like the concept, Aliens gone Wild, uncensored and exposed,yours risk free for 30 days, act now and get best of probes and cattle mutilations at no additional cost.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ya I agreee with you brotherforchrist. We are in need of some NEW ideas and hypothesis/theory's. Although I can't necesarilly say I've gone through every single archive on ATS and spin my opinion on them. Maybe some of us newer to the site (ya like me) should read up and see what we can find. But I guess that still leaves us with the same material , just a different perspective.

However i have read a few threads lately that totally blew my mind, and have really made me think.

This one here by mikeboydus, IMO was phenomenol. I hope you were able to read it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

has mankind been guided by demonic forces?

Without a doubt. I'm no historian but I know enough about history that different races , religion have always had story's about people being taken over by un-seen forces.
I know many psycologists will argue the point that these occurences are nothing more but our alter egos or sub-conscious taking over leaving the counsious mind a black out state. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
In the same sence I believe the world is influenced by Angels(Alternate to demons). I don't believe you can have evil without good/good without evil. The ying and yang, a universal law of the universe.
In Christianity there is the belief of the Holy Spirit. Many accounts recorded by the Bible talk about the Holy Spirit entering in to the prophets, Apostles to do a good work. What's interesting in this context is They never claimed they worked these miracles as men, but rather gave the credit to the power of the Holy Spirit working within them.

Has mankind been influenced by demonic doctrines?

There again without a doubt.

In religion, folklore, and mythology a demon (or daemon, dæmon, daimon from Greek: δαίμων [ðaïmon]) is a supernatural being that has generally been described as a malevolent spirit, and in Christian terms it is generally understood as a Fallen angel, formerly of God. A demon is frequently depicted as a force that may be conjured and insecurely controlled. The "good" demon in recent use is largely a literary device (e.g., Maxwell's demon), though references to good demons can be found in Hesiod and Shakespeare.[citation needed] In common language, to "demonize" a person means to characterize or portray them as evil, or as the source of evil.

en.wikipedia.org...

How about Hitler, Pol Pot. Even the crusades. The message of the Christian Church was supposed to be of love, peace for ones fellow man. How did the teachings of Christ turn into a let's slay the world attitude? Demonic doctrine introduced by man. I think many believe possesion means snarling , and growling, foaming at the teeth type of stuff . I do believe this is a part of demonic posession but serves the demon another purpose than to "control" the individual. Usually the typical "Exorcist" type of demon(s) destroy the individual, or cause extreme harm.
Remember The "Dark Side" is very powerfull as well. Demons aren't stupid. They have the ability like Angels to manipulate our world for there purpose.

I'm saying all of this in my opinion. I suppose like the next person, we have no difinitive proof of our claims of the after life.
Just my two cents to add to the thread

Good post

1 flag
1 star

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I will write a short story one of these days to elaborate on what I will attempt to share with you. Yes demons are real, and they do sway the events of this earth and the power elite, they intend not to only rule over this planet but all the others in the vast expanse of infinity. This is why they attempt to keep people blind to the ultimate truth and want to keep the masses from understanding our connection and responsibilities beyond this planet. They will always attempt to separate conquer and divide. Death and blood and illusions. On a lighter note, you never know who the people are that challenge these beasts and make it possible for the masses to pretend life is something other than what it is. Just remember we all have higher selves, I can only hope that yours is an angel of peace and not a demon of the underworld.

top topics

join