It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims 600 Missiles Aimed At Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
Thanks for the Knowledge. I now have a better understanding of the Isreali hate fest.

It's not really a "hate fest" if you see it from the other side's point of view. There are some valid grievances that need addressing, but are ignored or otherwise blocked by the US.

I don't think they would have to worry much because the US has their back. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped over ABM systems to protect the Isrealites.

That in itself is part of the Anti-Israel feeling... If the US wasn't so uncompromising with it's support of Israel, this mess could have been solved 30 years ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
AHHHH THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! That has enlightened me in better understanding whats going on and things. Thanks

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If the tail wags the dog, then who is the master? Wasn't there some science fiction movies about parasites taking over humans and controlling them and such?

Anyways, it sucks to have 600 missiles aimed at you but since we don't know how many nukes Israel has and where they are, I think this 'hatefest' idea is mere hyperbole.

Detente requires the more powerful guy to admit his position lest things spiral out of control.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I refer to it as a Hatefest just because I see alot of Anti-Isreal slogans flying around, but I know that it is just one side's view.

I have no problems with Jews though.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by Ford Farmer]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I refer to it as a Hatefest just because I see alot of Anti-Isreal slogans flying around, but I know that it is just one side's view.

One thing to remember is dislike or criticism of the State of Israel should not be equated to antisemitism. Just in case we're going to slide down that path...

Not saying thats what your on about, just making the point clear

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Prince do you really think that anyone will believe what comes out of the mouth of corrupt America and Israel? Neither can be trusted, and should the US be stupid enough to attack Iran then it will be the end of America as we know it and it will be the end of Israel.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
The key words in their statement is "In the wake of an attack by the U.S. or Israel" I would like to suggest that in the wake of a U.S. or Israeli attack the ability of Iran to lauch any kind of counter attack would be almost non-exsistant, or so significantly reduced that only a fraction of there missiles would be left.

Considering Iran was knee deep teaching modern tactics recently to one little group called Hezbollah....and that Hezbollah survived an all out air strike campaing by Israel...and that Israel aviation is considered among the best in the world...particularly since they resemble US in many ways...and that a #load of rockets made it into Israel...

Gee...will Irans capability to launch a hailstorm on Israel will be really that non-existant? Just a thought of course

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

This above vid should sum it up perfectly!!!!

[edit on 15-7-2007 by hoochymama]

BTW...great, great video...hope some people who still support the war saw this every time they post.

Maybe there should be a vid like this being made already about Iran, so when bombs do drop, they get to watch how mistaken they were.
peace

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili

Originally posted by the_sentinal
The key words in their statement is "In the wake of an attack by the U.S. or Israel" I would like to suggest that in the wake of a U.S. or Israeli attack the ability of Iran to lauch any kind of counter attack would be almost non-exsistant, or so significantly reduced that only a fraction of there missiles would be left.

Considering Iran was knee deep teaching modern tactics recently to one little group called Hezbollah....and that Hezbollah survived an all out air strike campaing by Israel...and that Israel aviation is considered among the best in the world...particularly since they resemble US in many ways...and that a #load of rockets made it into Israel...

Gee...will Irans capability to launch a hailstorm on Israel will be really that non-existant? Just a thought of course

Considering how Israel had to WARN Lebanese citizens of forthcoming attacks, and that Hezzbollah HIDE inside civilian population.
Also, considering how Israel held back it's air-strikes on any REAL targets, I would say you have no idea what really went on last summer.
Believe me, if Israel is to go on with a full-on, full-blown air strike/aerial attack on ANY Middle-Eastern country it will be over in a matter of days, see if you can guess to whose favor?

[edit on 17/7/2007 by Gramlengo]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Israel was not holding back, they simply couldn't find the targets.
The number of rockets fired into Israel steadily increased over the course of the war. Had Israeli airstrikes been effective, we would have seen the opposite. They did, however, prove very effective at taking out civilian gas stations, bridges, and cars full of refugees

I love how Israel is either an unstoppable juggernaut or a poor outnumbered underdog, depending on the needs of the argument at the time... her supporters need to decide once and for all if they want to brag or beg for sympathy

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Bragging about the Israeli armed forces. Yeah they were so good that they had to loot all the Lebanese shops for food just so they could eat. Seems their supply was cut off or non-existant. The most moral indeed.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gramlengo
Considering how Israel had to WARN Lebanese citizens of forthcoming attacks, and that Hezzbollah HIDE inside civilian population.
Also, considering how Israel held back it's air-strikes on any REAL targets, I would say you have no idea what really went on last summer.
Believe me, if Israel is to go on with a full-on, full-blown air strike/aerial attack on ANY Middle-Eastern country it will be over in a matter of days, see if you can guess to whose favor?

Israel only gave a general warning to the civilians (and only about half-way through the war due to international pressure to stop killing innocent people). It would hardly come as a surprise to Hezbollah that Israel would hit an area they were firing from.

Israel did not give specifics, so your argument there is pointless.

As for the "hiding amongst civilians". I seem to remember that, on the outskirts of Israeli towns on the border that were "targeted" by Hezbollah rockets, were entire encampments of Israeli artillery, so you cannot claim the moral high ground there.

And Israel held back? Give over. Israel went in far too heavy and pummeled Lebanon, even area's that had nothing to do with Hezbollah.

And also, do not forget this:

Hezbollah didn't start firing rockets into Israel until after Israel began it's bombardment of Lebanon. Seems some people like to gloss over this....

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gramlengo

[edit on 17/7/2007 by Gramlengo]

1) Israel warned one area, bombs fell on another as well. Israel didnt warn every single area that was about to be bombed.

2)Real Targets? Like hezbollah...airfields? navy? tanks? Israel threw everything their planes could carry to try to supress the Hezbollah leadership the REAL target.

Held back? Obviously, you didn't see photographs of parts of Lebanon before/after. If Israel is famous for something regarding their punitive raids, is for not holding back. Who has no idea what went on last summer?

3) I saw Israel go on a full blown air strike/aerial attack,helos, planes, not to mention artillery and tanks on a small guerilla group called Hezbollah. A group that has no specialized anti-air vehicles, SAMs, or other kind of coordinated anti-air defenses, except for manpads, or heavy armor or even light armor vehicles.

And I saw Israel, not succeed. They could not stop Rockets being launched. They could not stop tanks being lost, or disabled, choppers being damaged and/or shot down, and numerous infantry cassualties.

Where I did see them succeed, is attacking the Lebanese infraestructure, effectively shutting Lebanon down, not the target at all, but hey, a success is a success.

According to your line of thinking, Hezbollah would be completely erased from the map...oh wait..they are still there, aren't they?

So all this ordenance, against a small group in Lebanon...wonder how effective would they be against the trainers of this small group, Iran?
I would expect Iran to use both guerilla, and conventional defense tactics...multiplying its effectivity...will it be over in a matter of days?

My money has and always be, on non conventional warfare, simply...because to this day, it has no effective countermeasure, and a very very high success rate (the political side of it specially)

Back to topic...these 600 rockets....coupled with a few thousand launches from within Lebanon...have a real chance of getting through...not to mention...I would expect these Iranian "rockets" to have more sophisticated guidance than the Hezbollah rockets. Do wonder...what kind of havoc would be created by a few hundred, landing on a military base...or even a populated city? A concentrated attack of those shahabs on one city...makes me think of North Korea and their "sea of fire".

Perhaps this threat is bigger than Israel wants to think?

PD: I agree with Stumasons post.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
to add about those supposed humanitarian warnings given out by Israel thru leaflets and reverse 911, they were mixing warning messages intended for Nasrallah that they were coming to look for him, so the majority of time people were not answering the phones or disregarding the leaflets. IMO they just took advantage of a situation to get rid of the tourist competition in the region.

Anyway I think the more people that boycott the sooner this will all end. Hopefully more groups and countries will push the message through and they wont have to worry about any missiles aimed at them.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
to add about those supposed humanitarian warnings given out by Israel thru leaflets and reverse 911, they were mixing warning messages intended for Nasrallah that they were coming to look for him, so the majority of time people were not answering the phones or disregarding the leaflets. IMO they just took advantage of a situation to get rid of the tourist competition in the region.

Or try to quell what they thought was a weak enemy, and make a statement to the arabs...unfortunately, the statement, backfired.

Anyway I think the more people that boycott the sooner this will all end. Hopefully more groups and countries will push the message through and they wont have to worry about any missiles aimed at them.

Good luck doing that...since you would have to boycott US as well, their main support, source for military equipment etc etc. You can't boycott the kid, without boycotting the Dad.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I have no problems with Jews though.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by Ford Farmer]

yeap just because i speak out against Israel i am anti semetic even so israel is 1/5 muslim

unlike the pro israel i am against israel not jews but Israel and what it does

edit: wronge topic

a coment on topic

does Iran physicaly have 600 missiles armed and primed and aimed at israel
or are these equal threats that israel and the US have said many times?

[edit on 18-7-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
a coment on topic

does Iran physicaly have 600 missiles armed and primed and aimed at israel
or are these equal threats that israel and the US have said many times?

[edit on 18-7-2007 by bodrul]

Iran says they have 600 "missiles" (unknown kind...likely shahab...if there even is anything being pointed that is, lol).
Then again...they also said they had a stealth fighter...so....hmmmmm.

Wether this is an inmediate response to US/Israel threat, its not on the article. And as far as I know, US has madeno recent comments about tomahawks being pointed at Iran.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili
Good luck doing that...since you would have to boycott US as well, their main support, source for military equipment etc etc. You can't boycott the kid, without boycotting the Dad.

Believe me it is taking an effect. They are trying to counter it with ads in the UK newspapers and many US Evangalist Christians are trying to counter with a BIG campaign to Buy Israeli goods. There is only 55million of them and not all of them are going to back this non-christian like violence the Israelis are displaying not to mention the wars they are attempting to create. Just yesterday a statement was issued by Educators and Musicians in Israel that the occupation is wrong and that it should cease as soon as possible. Although it is illegal in the USA to form any kind or organized campaign to boycott or divest there are many doing it on a personal level.

Does anyone know the targetting of Israeli Nukes BTW? No? I didnt think so. So whats the big deal about 600 missiles if they have an unknown number of warheads with destinations that are unknown. Get over it or do something about it Israel.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think arguing who is right or wrong between these two civilizations is a waste of time. Considering that the Arabs, Jews, Shiites, Kurds, Turks, etc. have been fighting for Centuries over everything under the sun, its hard to point to one simple thing that causes all this.

The only thing that keeps coming full circle with me is the time frame of the cold war. This was critical time in our Worlds history as being the birth to such inovation and societies in general, I believe that we kept "certain parts" of the World in a Third World state and we benefited financially from cheap labor, we benefited military wise, we benefited by controling resources, we benefited in soo many ways but hindered soo many people in the mean time.

Now we expect all these countries that we basically humiliated to all of a sudden become democratic, its crazy.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Israel should release a statement that they have 200 nuclear tipped missles aimed at Iran and then tell the Mullahs to "bring it".

But they don't

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join