It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims 600 Missiles Aimed At Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Iran Claims 600 Missiles Aimed At Israel

www.postchronicle.com

Iran claims to have enough missiles to hit 600 Israeli targets
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-7-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
U.S. military leaders Saturday announced the discovery of a field in Iraq containing 50 Iranian-made rocket launchers, all aimed at a U.S. Army base.

www.postchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Being able to hit 600 targets is not the same as having 600 missiles pointed at Israel.

Britain has 300 odd nukes capable of leveling the USA, doesn't mean we are pointing them at you though...

Semantics it might be, but in this day and age, it's worth reading between the lines.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Israel should release a statement that they have 200 nuclear tipped missles aimed at Iran and then tell the Mullahs to "bring it".

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Israel should release a statement that they have 200 nuclear tipped missles aimed at Iran and then tell the Mullahs to "bring it".

The Prince of Peace, you are not

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It may be that they ARE ready for all out war! They may just be having a hard time finding anyone with a spine in Israel. Olmert is as weak as they come. War is looming on all fronts and the guy just keeps his head in the sand, wishing it weren't true.
Quite a 180 from the preemptive Israel that has survived this long!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Do you really think Iran and her allies stand a chance against Israel? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the country, but there's no chance in hell that they'd take down Israel. The US backs them financially and wouldn't hesitate to give them fresh armaments, and if Israel was preemptively attacked, the UN wouldn't try to stop them from "defending themselves". In all probability, that's exactly what Israel wants.

Attack me, so I can use that as an excuse to destroy all of you and take your land. Who would dare question us? We are not safe here! We will defend ourselves however we must!

And they'd be completely right to do whatever they'd do.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Iran knows that Israel controls the US. The way to keep the US from attacking them is to let Israel know where their missiles are pointed. Sure Israel could take out Iran--they have 400+ nukes. But that doesn't mean they want a bunch of missiles raining down on them. To the Iranians, an attack by the US is a proxy attack by Israel, just as the attack on Iraq was.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I imagine that the missle pointing is mutual so what is the problem here?

Everybody has some type of weapon pointing to something all the time, we all know it, but we chose to ignore it.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Britain has 300 odd nukes capable of leveling the USA, doesn't mean we are pointing them at you though...

Stu, why must you word posts this way?
Anyway, your numbers are a little off (or way off) depending on perspective and there is no "pointing" involved with SLBM or ICBM targeting.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What kind of missiles are pointed at Israel?? I guess the missiles would need to be able to reach Israel from Iran. So, with the distance between them of 2,000 miles, give or take a few, I would assume its Shahab 4 which could carry some variant of Chemical weapon?? I just looked this up and am not a expert on Iranian missile capabilities so please correct me here if I am wrong.

Anyway, I am sure we have Patriot batteries placed throughout our bases in the Middle East which at this time would easily shoot these out of the air. I don't think they would launch all these at one time because I am sure they would need to keep some in its inventory.

Iran must know that if they launched any sort of attack on Israel the "Lords of War" will be ringing on there door steps as the Regime in the US is waiting for there next chance to use the Military Industrial Complex at there disposal to reap the Monetary benefits.

The Rhetoric of Propoganda about Iran and Pakistan at this time is deafening. The Bush Regime needs to be Impeached and we need to get our troops back ASAP before another Mass Murder happens in another country. The US will be happy to send Iran and its citizens to the stone age as they have done with Iraq, and the Iraq War was to liberate there people from a dictator. As we have seen, this hasn't worked out so well for the Iraqi people. I still can't believe power hasn't been fully restored to this country which up until the First Iraq war had one of the best Highway systems, Power Grids, Hospitals, Doctors, etc in the whole Middle East.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
well, to be fair

i checked out that site. i wouldn't be surprised if it's run by 15 year olds. don't think the source is reliable.

Annnnnddd....The Jerusalem Post isn't covering this story. (main paper in Israel)

if this was true, JPost would have it.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

That would be interesting, as the Israeli Government doesn't have anything to do with the proliferation of nuclear missiles officially right?

And why would a country threaten another country with nuclear missiles if the other country does not even say those possible 600 missiles (which from this source I do not believe) are pointed towards targets?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Annnnnddd....The Jerusalem Post isn't covering this story. (main paper in Israel)

if this was true, JPost would have it.

It was on Haaretz.

I dont see why anyone would be surprised. I think Israel has made it clear on many many occasions that they intend on blowing things up in Iran. Its not like Iran is out of order for telling them what they will do if they are attacked.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Saddam in Iraq Buffalo'd the US and his neighboring countries that Iraq possessed chemical, etc , WMDs were at his finger tips.

the 6oo long range rockets might be in that same category...
their might only be 100-200 actually
because the Islamic Revolution's proxy in Lebanon (that are the Hezbollah)
have reconstituted their missile arsenal to approx. what they had in the last 31 day war= = = about 10,000 missiles which can be lobbed into Israel.

? Why indeed would Iran launch ~600 rockets on Israel?
and batten down for the assured retaliation...which would be far greater than the 600 rocket first-strike from Iran~!!

this is 'posturing' aka 'one-upsmanship'
as any strategic delay or him-hawing from Israel would be viewed as standing-down from the alledged 'strength' of the Islamic Republic...

a whole buncha noise - - without a buncha substance

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Awww Iran......i might think that this is a ploy to ruse either Israel or the US, like egging them on to do someting that they'll regret. But then again, we dont know for sure until the Mullahs have to say somehing. Pres. Ahmadinejad (spelling plz!) will probably just keep stall for time for his nuclear program to gain some strength if they really wanted nukes. IDK if they already do, but i am sure that they'll want some nukes to "protect themselves".

So its probably a ruse based on geo-political reasoning IMO.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I hope this isn't stepping out of bounds, but please take a look at this web site and listen to the TRUE AMERICAN IN THIS PRESIDENTIAL race and NONE of what we are reading here will come into play if HE is elected President..

Watch these videos and let me know what you think:

TRUE AMERICANS WILL VOTE FOR THIS MAN

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
RP is the new "Ross Perot"...Sounds/looks good, has a ton of grass-roots movement...but not enough to actually be elected. He's Republican--yes, but at the same time he almost fits into a 3rd party category. He will do nothing but divide the right into an un-unified front, allowing Hillary to gain control.

Nice try buddy, but I won't put my stock/faith behind a man that has NO chance, and steals electoral votes from the two faux parties (really one NWO party) in control.

RP is a puppet, he's MEANT to factionalize the republicans! Unless hell freezes over and the devil starts charging for sleigh rides will this man be elected.

It's like the NWO is throwing a "bone" to the really aware people. Wake up for Christ's sake!

[edit on 15-7-2007 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
From the Jerusalem Post:

www.jpost.com...

"Meanwhile, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Watan reported that Iran claimed to possess enough missiles to strike 600 Israeli targets and that it wouldn't hesitate to use them in the wake of an attack by the United States or Israel.

The report followed two claims by the US army over the weekend implicating Iran in attacks against US forces in Iraq.

According to an announcement on Saturday night, US troops in Iraq uncovered a field containing 50 Iranian-made rocket launchers, all aimed at a US army base.

The discovery came after the US claimed that an explosively formed penetrator - a high-tech device that the US military believes is smuggled from Iran - was used against US forces in the Baghdad area earlier Saturday.

The penetrator was one of several bombs used in an attack that killed two American soldiers in the Iraqi capital.

The Iranians denied the charge."

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'll respond with amazement when people are actually on the ground, fighting. This whole Iran/axis of evil thing is so drawn out/played out. Either get your balls and attack (which seems to be the current thinking) or just try a diplomatic approach. I'm so sick of this, "we're about to take on Iran!" hype. Get out of the d*** kitchen if you can't handle the heat--otherwise, peacefully (my hope) learn to get along. Why is it so dang hard to just "get along"? I mean seriously, the hate/angst/revenge ... it's so pointless. Just agree to disagree on political matters and move on. This whole thing STINKS of pre-Iraq invasion propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join