It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your opinion on this aerial footage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hello as anyone seen this footage before?

www.ufocasebook.com...

Its kind of grainy but I guess the small disc like object bobbing up and down on the other side of Concord is the alledged UFO.

I'm going to say that this one is nothing special, I doubt its even a proper hoax more like a blemish on the video tape. What does evreyone else think? Does anyone know the story behind this footage?

At the very least its good to see Concord flying again!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That is a bad copy of that film. I've seen it before, it's actually a ball/orb shape & not a disc if my memory's correct. I'm sure I remember the sceptics saying it was the sun hitting off the camera lens but I've remember the original footage as being very clear and and looked like the real thing to me (silvery ball) flying alongside the plane.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I will have a look around the web. It would be good to see a clearer copy you have any idea of the year the footage was shot?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sorry, I can't be exact but I think it's at least ten years old. I've seen it on UFO documentaries on discovery channel etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This official British Airways film, was taken in June 1976 during one of Concorde's test flights over southern England.

The video depicts a strange white light or probe type object, which seems to descend from above Concorde to below the aircraft and then back up again in front of the fuselage. What makes it puzzling is the fact that the light goes vertically downwards all whilst Concorde is traveling horizontally and at great speed.

However, a later analysis of the images presented in a UFO documentary indicated that the small object was really a reflection of sunlight within the camera lenses.

The camera has an image stabilizer, which produced the effect of an apparent independent move of the reflection.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well Youtubes got this clip up and running it is of better quality and you can see the ufo in a bit more detail.

uk.youtube.com...

If its not a trick of the light or anything its quite intresting to see how it easily keeps up with concord, pretty safe to say its not a chinese lantern!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow, 1976? That's old. Looks good though. I've taken a few pictures myself and know the sun hitting off the camera can cause a lot of wierd effects. With my new camera the oddities are nearly always green.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'll be honest, it's not the best aerial footage I've ever seen.
Speaking of aerials though... I once went to see two aerials get married.
The ceremony was cr*p but the reception was excellent.
Thank you, thank you I'm here all week

(John Saxon special)

new topics

top topics

join