It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Cooking?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What are you cooking or preparing to eat right now (or will be as soon as you log off, or just finished eating)? Food within the past or next hour only, please!

I got up this morning and decided I wanted fresh baked bread. So I dragged my bread machine out from under the sink about an hour ago, filled it up, and am waiting for my loaf. I can smell it rising -- oh, my mouth is watering. I am hallucinating bread dripping with fresh butter.

Times like this I wish I could speed up time. Maybe I'll nap. That'll make it SEEM as if time went by quickly.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, great! Now I'm going to have to get my bread machine out! Thanks!
But that just might mean I'll have decadent French Toast tomorrow with my homemade bread...

Anyway! In the next hour or so, I'm going to have a chicken burrito with chicken my husband grilled (and expertly so!) black and green olives, jack cheese, red onion, jalapeño and sour cream... with a few tortilla chips on the side. Or maybe chili nachos... I haven't decided.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Macaroni and Cheese topped with breadcrumbs and bacon

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
MMmmm enjoies, bacon? I never would have thought of that. Now I'm really hungry.

The bread was delicious!

Right now, though, I'm just having coffee. I can't eat first thing in the morning, my stomach doesn't accept food right away

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I had the oddest breakfast about an hour ago. For some reason I woke up craving pasta, so I made a salad.

I boiled some mini shells and four eggs, then chilled them both under cold water.
I grated two carrots and some sharp cheddar.
Chopped some green onions and the eggs.

I mixed all this in a bowl with mayo, salt & pepper, and a bit of curry powder.

It was strange for breakfast, but it sure was good.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A neighbor of mine who's an avid hunter gave me a deer tenderloin last winter. I'd put off cooking it, because I knew the wife & daughter wouldn't eat it. So Saturday morning, I finally pulled it out of the freezer and thawed it out.

In the afternoon while I was trimming shrubs, I rolled out the gas grill, and threw kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper all over the loin. Put it on the grill on the lowest setting, and just rolled it a quarter turn every 8-10 minutes until it was done.

Took it in and let it completely cool, then wrapped it up in foil and put it in the fridge. Sunday for lunch sliced thin, it made the best lean tender sandwich I'd ever had. Tasted like top quality excellent black angus roast beef.

I brought what's left of it for lunch today on a sandwich, with some horseradish sauce and it's already calling my name. (A little after 11 AM here).

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's calling my name, too!
Yum! Enjoy your lunch [drool]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
MMmmm enjoies, bacon?

Of course, bacon goes well with everything you know

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
A neighbor of mine who's an avid hunter gave me a deer tenderloin last winter. I'd put off cooking it, because I knew the wife & daughter wouldn't eat it.

any time you want to share some wild game, I'll join you!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ooh, that WAS good. Now I'm gonna go walk it off.

The neighbor promised to keep me hooked up. I've had some summer sausage (deer) he put up, and it was very good. My son will eat deer (he's 13, he'll eat whatever doesn't eat him first). The wife and daughter, not so much.

Personally, I'll eat about anything that isn't a domesticated pet.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
MMmmm enjoies, bacon?

Except Jews and vegetarians!!

Just had a few (3) toasted BLTs. Crispy Bacon, Leafy Letuce and Cherry Toms!

Yummy.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

Except Jews and vegetarians!!

Don't forget the Muslims, ChiKey!

[edit on 17-7-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
lamb chops, oven fries or cheesy mash potato (not sure which)
and some veg on the side, it is dinner time wed. night here in oz

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm up early today, so I decided to go with a liquid breakfast.

It's not a situation like "hair of the dog", or a hangover cure, but I decided to have a drink of Gin & Mountain Dew in a mug of ice.

If my posting gets sloppy over the next hour or so I'll be blaming it on my breakfast.
Please be patient if I start to ramble.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Nothing cooking here at the moment and I am hungry.

Damn!!

I am craving a pie floater and a balfours chicken pie... I can almost smell it... hmmmmmmmmmm

oh well...looks like it is cheese and homous on toast

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Salisbury steak and noodles in gravy.

So what it if came out of a box...I still put it in the oven

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sadly, I am surviving on the following these days, and I just had it for breakfast:

Oscar Meyer beef bologna on Home Pride white bread, no toppings, with half a can of Coke classic.

Breakfast of exhausted and malnourished champions!

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
i am currently eating chicken breast and two kinds of pasta...*chews* mmmmm...chicken...*swallows*

mmm thats a good chicken.

hungry yet?

Roswell.

Cug

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A late breakfast today.

2 scrambled eggs with many shakes of the Tabasco bottle on top and some Bob Evans sausage with a bit of real maple syrup on top of that.

I have some bean soup in the crock pot for tonight, and If I remember to stop at the store today, I'm going to makes some peach cobbler.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I decided to make my chicken stew for dinner. Chicken, jasmine rice or barley (haven't decided yet), potatoes, onions, garlic, corn, plus white, black and red pepper, a little ground ginger, basil and marjoram. I'll be eating out of the pot for the next few days. Nice break from bologna sandwiches anyway!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join