It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guess what my local mason lodge is doing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

These are very valid questions. If you are familiar with Amber Alert, you may realize it is a system police may use to distribute through media and other outlets the descriptions of missing children. It can only be used in cases where there is evidence or reasons to believe the child is in immediate danger, and there is specific requirements as to the minimum content and quality of information for Amber Alert to be activated. Most items in the kit may be available through the police investigation, but would take some time to gather. I am only aware of one study where the average time it took to obtain the required information to activate Amber Alert was found to be 12 hours (Missouri). If you can accept that in these cases where the child is likely to be in immediate danger, time is critical. Missouri State Police used a CD provided by MOCHIP as a comparison, and in less then 2 minutes, Amber Alert was able to be activated. Providing Law Enforcement a tool that could allow them to circulate the child's descriptors to other agencies and the media would also speed up the location and safe return of all missing children more often and in a shorter time then using the precious time at the start of the investigation gathering data.
The reason all these items are compiled and included in the kit is so Masons can provide a complete and comprehensive kit to parents, so in a stressful time, they only have to turn it over to police.
It is true that DNA samples and fingerprints may most often be used to identify dead bodies. This closure for families is also important, but not the main reason Masons feel this is worth the investment of their time and money. Masons believe that this kit may save children's lives (there are documented cases in Missouri and New York).

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am a mason and we have done many CHIP events here in Illinois.

The name is unfortunate.

Here is what happens:

1 - The parents fill out a form with all the child's vital information, IE name, address, nicknames etc. The parent signs the form and the part with the signature is torn off and kept by the masons. This signature is the ONLY piece of information we retain. The parent keeps the form in the little bag of items we give them.

2 - The parents take the child to the fingerprint station. A set of fingerprints is taken and given to the parents.

3 - The parents go to the DNA station. A cheek swab is taken and sealed inside a protective envelope and given to the parents.

4 - The parents take the child to the photo/video station. The child stands in front of a chart that measures his or her height and a digital picture is taken and a 30 second video clip where the child answers random questions like "What is your pet's name?" , etc. The photo and video are burned directly to CD and given to the parents. The program will not allow an image or recording to be saved to the laptop.

5 - All of this 'stuff' is given to the parents to keep in a safe place. If the child ever comes up missing, the parents give the prints, dna, photo and video to the police who distribute it through the amber alert system.

This program is totally free. It is paid for by the masonic lodge members who pay dues every year.

Please stop spreading this paranoid disinformation about 'microchips' and 'databases'. I am a database administrator by trade and I guarantee you there is no big surveillance conspiracy thing going on.

Spreading this paranoia serves no purpose except to scare people into not having it done. I will admit it is a stupid name for the program and there are a few rare cases where the kit helped, but it does no harm and gives peace of mind to parents.

It's so easy for people to spread lies, deceit and paranoia without any proof. The masons are not evil - quite the opposite. You may come to our lodge building and examine it top to bottom, ask any question you want and observe all of our public ceremonies.

If you are a man of good character who believes in God you can even join the lodge and see what you think. There are only two 'private' types of meetings the public can't attend. One is conferral of degrees, and one is our BORING LAME business meetings.

Please, ask anything you want but in the name of decency please stop spreading this tripe about masonic conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I am a mason and we have done many CHIP events here in Illinois.

It's so easy for people to spread lies, deceit and paranoia without any proof. The masons are not evil - quite the opposite. You may come to our lodge building and examine it top to bottom, ask any question you want and observe all of our public ceremonies.

I know that most masons are very nice people but not all Masons are good. Just ask Bush and his father who are also masons, Actually all presidents besides 2 and they were assassinated. The thing is masons have some of the most powerful people in them and these people have caused war and misery not to mention ones who invent the atomic bomb amonst other most harmful things to invent for the world. But why I know the higher part of freemasons is evil is I have studied the occult and all the symbols and numbers are everywhere in freemasonary that are in the occult. Way to much for coincidence. Heres a site on the numbers www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
And if this doesnt sway you always remember the most evil of people are deceptive and mostly hide behind good causes. In other words you just never really know everything

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm a mason here in Maryland and the Grand Lodge here just started the program here. My lodge just voted to buy the machine to do it. It's a briefcase with a computer, fingerprint scanner and camera built in to it. We're dark for the summer now, but come fall we'll be starting to do it.

Also to the above poster, the Bush's are not Masons. Brother Gerald Ford was the last Masonic President. Have a happy 4th everyone.

Michael
Hagerstown, MD

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smason202

The problem with this is, as has been already pointed out, there are not that many mason Presidents. The last one was Ford. We know this because the fraternity trumps up every figure in the media spotlight that is a mason. We have their lodge numbers and degree dates.

Next, there are no "high level masons," so its hard for them to be evil. All masons are 3rd degree master masons and are equal, except when they are going through the initiation process.

Of course your entire post is an example of trying to link correlation with causation, if it were true (and as I just stated, it is not). Simply because every case in a group has a characteristic, it does not mean that characteristic causes action. Every US President has been a man. Is there a man conspiracy? Are men conspiring to make sure only men end up as Presidents? What about the fact that they've all been white? KKK conspiracy? Do you see how ludicrous this becomes...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
reply to post by smason202

Of course your entire post is an example of trying to link correlation with causation, if it were true (and as I just stated, it is not). Simply because every case in a group has a characteristic, it does not mean that characteristic causes action.

This is very true. In fact it is one of the earliest lessons of logic taught to children in school.

'post hoc ergo propter hoc'

'After this, therefore because of this'

Simply because something happens after another event, does not mean that the first event caused it.

Conspiracies can be found or inferred anywhere you look.

I can only speak from my own personal observations. I, too, studied the occult and every available piece of information before I joined freemasonry. In fact, I studied it for about four years.

My observation since becoming a master mason is that I have never met an evil mason, nor do I know of any. The one fundamental truth that binds all masons together is the belief in one benevolent God. We are taught in our degrees that our most important job is to help others in whatever way we can.

I cannot speak for any other organizations since I don't belong, but I can say without a doubt that freemasonry is not evil.

I would encourage anyone studying 'antimasonry' to give us a fair shot. Ask questions (even the hard ones), visit a lodge, attend a masonic officer installation or funeral. Heck, we will even show you the books so you can see where our money goes.

Then make a decision for yourself. Don't form your entire belief system on a single web page written with an obvious slant.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
IMO, missing children have somethings in common.

Not sure what they are but, I sister in church 20 years ago had a dream when she was walking down a fairly crowed downtown sidewalk which had people with families. Next thing she saw was the children would disappear as holes below them opened up and they dropped through the holes in the sidewalk. She woke up in tears.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
Helping parents at no cost to themselves by giving them info that only the parents have a copy of that they can give to the police to help find their child in the event that the child comes up missing? Wow those evil masons, doing a service at no cost that would help in identification of missing children, why that certainly sounds awful.The only thing wrong with this program is the name of it is godawful and makes people paranoid.If they called it something less likely to alarm people, it may have been met with applause instead of paranoia.

hmmmmm// i agree with what you are saying....

in fact (boy i might get fried for saying this.....but)

I think that we SHOULD be all chipped and our THOUGHTS
and actions monitored.....honest to god ..I really do....

it would be so cool if we could instantly find a lost or abducted child,
or stop a serious crime before it even happens.
or be instantly notified of someone who is, say, having a heart attack
or in serious need of help.

BUT

only if we knew 100% that we could trust the POWERS THAT BE
and we know 100% that we can NOT TRUST the POWERS THAT BE.
they are the ultimate corrupt entities...the WILL use it against us..
and you know it.......they always do

so with the world the way that it is...
i would have to say ...
NO WAY to any type of monitoring device
the masonchip gets a big THUMBS DOWN

what a shame.... such wonderful technology in the hands of lunatics...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
NO WAY to any type of monitoring device
the masonchip gets a big THUMBS DOWN
Who said anything about a monitoring device? This is data, given to the parents only, for use in worst-case scenarios. Don't know where you're getting the idea that this is something that could be used against anyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Seriously dude, are you going to read this thread, or just spout off and make a fool of yourself. The "Masonchip" is not a chip. It's a record provided to the parents, providing neccassary info if the kid goes missing.
Not in the form of some sort of RFID thing, but a CD with a hair sample and a mold of their dental.
As for such a thing making parents more lax... well, for one thing. Kids'll missing anyway. Even the most observant or watchful parent can loose a kid. They can slip out, walk home from school, get off the bus, any number of things can happen to a kid, if anything, the idea of somthing like this being a good idea in this world should alarm parents.

EDIT: This was directed at Maya432. My browser refreshed, didn't notice the coding wasn't there.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
okay, i've read every post in this thread and i am still not sold on MasonCHIP,

As all of who are directly involved have stated, the information can be sent to Amber Alert if needed, am i correct? or is it automatically SENT?

I capitalized SENT because i've heard that any information sent electronically can fall into the hands of the wrong person.

this is where my concern is.

is it with 100% certainty that it's secure, there is no public knowledge of the internal workings of the programs involved, and rightfully so to a degree, but without more knowledge of complete security, other than the dumping of the information at the time of collection, what happens to the info SENT to Amber alert?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I love that some are condemning those who are trying to aid parents and hinder kidnappings.

Bad Masons! Stop trying to do good! Bad [/sarc]

reply to post by theindependentjournal

The Parents keep the information not the Masons. They just put up the cost for the process.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
deleete

[edit on 022828p://upWednesday by seridium]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join