It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who recorded the cell phone calls from the planes ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
4. Regulation via plane phones.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Great question, absolutely. Simple and to the point and overlooked I might add. So does the phone company record everyone's conversation?? Also has their ever been a definitive answer to whether these phone calls could have been made at all?

It is interesting to think that they would have been able to make these calls especially with some of the chaos that must have ensued.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
Not all of them were recorded, most are going on the families recollections. Todd Beamer's was recorded because he was speaking to a customer service person with the phone company. One other was recorded because it was his answering machine. Those are the only two that I know were actually recorded.

Yes, it is absolutely believable that Todd Beamer would talk to a customer service representative, instead of directly to his pregnant wife.

Mark Bingham's call was also recorded. You know, the Mark Bingham of "Hello Mom, It's Mark BINGHAM.... You believe me don't you mom?" fame. When was the last time you called your parents and even used your FIRST name, never mind your LAST NAME?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
So Russ, you think there is a "master" clock that synchronizes EVERYTHING on the planet? Because there isnt. My computer says 9:29 my cell says 9:34 and the radio station just said 9:30.....must be a conspiracy there somewhere I guess...........

Actually, there is such a thing as a master clock - it's called an atomic clock and is coordinated to Greenwich Mean time.
The airplane's clock and the phone company are most likely running on atomic time.
Which means a discrepancy between the times IS pretty weird and suspect.

Great thread, OP. One of the best I've seen so far on ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Here is another thing that is quite odd to me. the FCC is not letting cell phone use on flights and says the issue is dead at the moment.

www.engadget.com...

You would think that after 9/11 they would encourage the idea of letting people call there loved ones in case they where about to die. And be able to contact some authorities To any appending danger. So the next time they need to fly airplanes into buildings, There wont be any debate concerning cell calls and there probability of connecting.

And a message to captain, Give me some links that would offer some alternative answers. And stop just bashing what people are presenting. You havent contributed to any of this thread. Reply to what the op has asked and stop trying to put others peoples suggestions down.

CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING!!!!! Show me some link to an alternative answer.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Mark Bingham's call was also recorded. You know, the Mark Bingham of "Hello Mom, It's Mark BINGHAM.... You believe me don't you mom?" fame. When was the last time you called your parents and even used your FIRST name, never mind your LAST NAME?

Why not ask his Mother?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Why not ask his Mother?

I dont see any proof that his mother said that by your kink. Someone saying that this was how he would answer the phone but not a direct statement by his mother.

One question. When a plane crashes, Have you ever heard of parts being found eight miles away? The only way this is possible is if it was shot down. the blown up plane parts would be traveling at the same speed as the plane and could then travel that great of a distance.
here is the link.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

This would lead me to believe that the plane was shot down and that the cell phone calls where faked to hide the fact that it was shot down and not hijacked. in my opinion i dont believe that the passengers on this flight had a clue what was about to happen. And i cant believe im still posting in this forum due to , many conflicting reports and the obvious attempt of many people to shut out those who say this was self inflicted. Im just asking for some logical explanations and not someone saying they have the answers and i am wrong. I am giving total opinion and links to support them. Trying to sort through the bad info and find logic. I will always keep an open mind and not exclude those who dont believe what i am saying.

www.davesweb.cnchost.com...
killtown.911review.org...
www.liveleak.com...

There are some more links for you to digest.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Why not ask his Mother?

pssh...why would his mother know?...it's obvious to everyone here she is now a government plant [/sarcasm]

i cant get the codec to play that clip....

and i found nothing that said mark binghams conversation was recorded....
here's what i did find out about his call....

www.cooperativeresearch.org...

From Flight 93, Mark Bingham calls his mother and says, “I’m on a flight from Newark to San Francisco and there are three guys who have taken over the plane and they say they have a bomb.” [

that's a good timeline site....

p.s. for russ...all the phone calls say the hijackers said something about a bomb

[edit on 16-7-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
Here is another thing that is quite odd to me. the FCC is not letting cell phone use on flights and says the issue is dead at the moment.

www.engadget.com...

You would think that after 9/11 they would encourage the idea of letting people call there loved ones in case they where about to die. And be able to contact some authorities To any appending danger. So the next time they need to fly airplanes into buildings, There wont be any debate concerning cell calls and there probability of connecting.

And a message to captain, Give me some links that would offer some alternative answers. And stop just bashing what people are presenting. You havent contributed to any of this thread. Reply to what the op has asked and stop trying to put others peoples suggestions down.

CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING!!!!! Show me some link to an alternative answer.

Maybe currently they don't want people using cell phones, because it would be harder for terrorist to ignite a bomb planted in the luggage compartment or another part of the plane with them. Maybe, if people can't use them, people who are using them easier to spot.

I have no link, just a thought.

I think the FCC's official stance is because they may cause jams in cell networks down below, but they don't know yet. So, they banned them.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I'm personally happy you can't use them on the plane. I grow tired of hearing people babbling on and on about nothing all the time everywhere. People need to understand that you do not need to talk super loud into a cell phone, and learn some common courtesy.

I think this is a great topic, because I never knew how those calls were recorded. Now I know, and it doesn't support any big 9/11 conspiracy ideas like some people would love to believe is true. I think it times of mass turmoil, people find comfort in believing that their is a big conspiracy behind it, even if it isn't true.

Here's a comforting thought. Maybe somethings are destined to happen by fate, so there is no way to stop them. I think it's funny, because on 9/11, the random coin-flipping research program run by I think an Australian University became uneven on 9/11. Sorry, I can't find the link, but if I can I'll post it.

My thought maybe the conspiracy is the real conspiracy. Try and wrap your head around that.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If some of those cellphone calls were answered by the 911 system, there would be a record of the calls including recordings, even if the call taker didn't answer the phone.

The way the 911 system works is that once the call is captured by the system it begins to record.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

Why not ask his Mother?

I dont see any proof that his mother said that by your kink. Someone saying that this was how he would answer the phone but not a direct statement by his mother.

Then you aren't looking very hard. Let me help you.

From the link provided:

Would Bingham have “used his last name in identifying himself to his mother” (Alice Hoglan)? There’s no need to speculate, because she’s already answered the question: yes. He did do this sometimes. Here’s what she said in “The Flight That Fought Back”, a Discovery Channel documentary

:

Hoglan: I was staying with my brother Vaughan on the morning of September 11th, and, uh, the phone rang.

Bingham (reconstruction): Mom... Mom, this is Mark Bingham.

Hoglan: Once in a while he would say that. He would call up, and he was, he was a young businessman, and used to, used to introduce himself on phone as Mark Bingham, and he was trying to be, uh, strong, and level-headed, and, and strictly business. "Mom, this is Mark Bingham".

I guess you just missed that direct quote from Bingham's Mother.

Download the clip here (XviD codec required).

I guess you also just missed the video link of Bingham's Mother giving the above quote.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
yes, all of the pc's in my house are synched to the atomic clock, and every time i turn on the GPS so is it.

If a call thats is supposed to be part of the official story is made while the plane is on the ground, it is an anomaly, like BBC broadcasting WTC 7's collapse prior to the actual event.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i just missed the clip cause everywhere i went to download the codec wouldnt allow me to download it....it's a conspiracy i say...maybe i'll find it somewhere else...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wenfieldsecret
i just missed the clip cause everywhere i went to download the codec wouldnt allow me to download it....it's a conspiracy i say...maybe i'll find it somewhere else...

Did you try here?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Another thing I was thinking about was the ability to make the calls in the first place.
How does your phonesystems work over there?

I'm thinking in regards to receiving signals and such at great altitudes, cause here's what I noticed last time I went flying.

One of the departures from Denmark to London has a very short trip, only like 1½ hour or so, maybe even 1 hour flying with the wind.
Now like most airlines these days any kind of electronic device are required to be shut off when in flight. But heck...one trip I ignored that and turned on my mobile when we were told to buckle up for landing.

At this point we weren't that high off the ground (you could make out cars and such), but I had no signal what so ever.
Keep in mind that Denmark has a 90-95% coverage when talking about mobilenetwork, but apparently that is limited to ground signals. We use 3G signals in most places these days.
About 30 secs. after the plane had landed the signal came O_o

So what I'm thinking is are your phone systems really so different that you can recieve or make calls while in the air with your own mobile?

If yes, then I guess we in Denmark have a crappy network xD

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Oops already covered...

Great question OP I never looked at this before

[edit on 17-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Absolutely outstanding thread and questions.

All I can really say on the subject is I have tried to use a cell phone on a plane and on a boat. My cell, along with everyone else on the ship who was trying to use one, stopped receiving a signal about 15 mins after we left the dock. This was in Ft Lauderdale, FL.

I have traveled coast to coast in the US by air and never once did my phone ever work while in travel, and my dumb arse has tried a few times. Using my cell is second nature to me, I will try to use it without ever thinking if I have a signal or not. This includes planes, boats, elevators, you name it and I have probably tried to use my phone there.

One thing I have always found interesting is how the government has always refused to release any recordings from these phone calls. I remember at one point seeing a new story about how they refused to release or play them for the actual families of the passengers. That just always struck me as odd.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This experiment at low altitude had results counter to Sept 11th

allegations of cellphone performance.

Buildings that fall without cause, Planes that disappear, Pilots unable to fly Cessna's performing feats of flight in an expert manner in a 757 How much more do we have to see before all credulity is lost.
911review.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i fly often....and i get a non continuous signal at circa 3k ft....normally analog...but i can still place calls....and from 2k it's digital and i can text....but higher than that i havent tried....

and the time normally changes to the local time, inflight...so it's gettinga signal from somewhere....

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In regards to Flight 93 being shot down -

I too believed this theory for a long time until I realised something, which I feel rather dumb for taking this long to realise...

If the plane was shot down, wouldn't there be a very large amount of debris that was over a very large area? Also, wouldn't the eye witnesses hear the jet/missle/explosion/the other explosion of everything hitting the ground?

Just food for thought, but if anyone has answers please u2u them to me because I'm going to the niagra falls in half an hour and I wont have access to the forum for a couple days

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join