It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA church to pay $600M for clergy abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

LA church to pay $600M for clergy abuse

news.yahoo.com

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles will settle its clergy abuse cases for at least $600 million, by far the largest payout in the church's sexual abuse scandal, The Associated Press learned Saturday
The archdiocese and its insurers will pay between $600 million and $650 million to about 500 plaintiffs — an average of $1.2 million to $1.3 million per person.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
what can i say?
nothing $500 or $600 mill can't do away with eh?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
wouldn't let me edit but from the same article....guess the payouts happen a lot

Among the largest total payouts was $100 million in 2004 by the Diocese of Orange, Calif., to settle 90 claims. The Archdiocese of Boston agreed in 2003 to pay $84 million for 552 cases, roughly the same figure the Diocese of Covington, Ky., agreed last year to pay to settle about 360 claims. Facing a flood of abuse claims, five dioceses — Tucson, Ariz.; Spokane, Wash.; Portland, Ore.; Davenport, Iowa, and San Diego — sought bankruptcy protection.

Last month, the Archdiocese of Portland agreed to pay about $52 million to 175 people, while setting aside another $20 million for anyone who comes forward in the future.

The Diocese of Spokane, Wash., also recently emerged from bankruptcy protection after agreeing to pay $48 million to settle about 150 claims.

The Los Angeles archdiocese, its insurers and various Roman Catholic orders have paid more than $114 million to settle 86 claims so far

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

allready posted 5 hours ago

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

allready posted 5 hours ago

damn. yahoo said the story was only 16 minutes old.

i guess i'll need this deleted.
sorry

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

already posted 5 hours ago

Please add to the above linked discussion.

Thread closed.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

new topics

top topics

join