It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have a cell phone, The FBI can hear you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

While I can certainly understand your perspective of things, my concern is not the result of fear of being arrested for illeagal activity but fear of getting used to watching my constitutional rights dissapear for my own well being. I liken it to the heat slowly being turned up in a boiling pot of water so we (the frogs) don't realizing were boiling to death.

For now though, Unless you've been flagged, I would suspect that there isn't a lot of tapping going on. Having the FBI do this makes it all the more suspicious, and I agree with you, klev. The Patriot Act is slowly melting down any constitutional rights and freedoms, for 'terrorism'. We are all not terrorists, but they like to think we are, I suppose. Its sad when we don't even trust our government, and in turn, they do not trust their own citizens.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Chiiru]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
One of the more amazing feats in cellular technology happened to me when working for Motorola in the Research and Development. My commute was 1 hour to and from work, with my LG digial/analog cell phone. One evening I noticed that I'd forgotten to turn it off after my break as it was policy to not use your cell phones inside the building. (The cell phones disrupted the securty frequency setting off alarm in the building) As I picked up my cell phone from my purse I read the message, "battery shutting off to conserve power". YEAH
something I'd never seen my phone do before.

When I got home I found the LG manual to verify if that option was standard with the phone model I owned. NOPE

OK I lost my job with Motorola a couple of months later after mentioning this to friends over my landland. Giving them examples from the Aerospace advancements launched by NASA. They always did the same routine with all their satellites.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Skydancer]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Google search "Project Echelon" and you will see that the capabilities have been around for a long time to intercept messages from radio, satellite, telephone,faxes, emails and other data streams nearly anywhere in the world.

Prior to the Patriot Act the way the participating countries bypassed the laws prohibiting spying on their own citizens, they just spied on each others citizenry and shared the information. Now with the Patriot act I dont think they even bother going through the motions.

Anyway the technology has been there for a long long time and with the advances in technology I would guess that in our modern day if our mind can imagine it I would bet that our govt. can do it.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join