It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you met an alien being

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If I met an alien being, that is a being not of this planet, I would do as most others I presume would.

Stare at it; frozen with disbelief.

Either that, by that time, I had already become under their magical spell, and become immobile

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I would want to close my eyes, seeing as the eyes are the window to the soul, lol, only joking.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If I met a ET I would do the same thing like every movie I have seen, hide him, like on the movie ET

Because if an ET landed it would shock the world and all hell would break loose.
Imagine if the gov. got there hands on an ET and his space ship. He would be in deep shiznizzles.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Since they'd probably know something about us if they engage communications, i'd probably be talking in Dutch or English. Then ask what they can do and if they have the ability to give people superpowers, or make their imagination become reality, i'd ask them to give me that power =D

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'd probably say "Yo" and if I couldn't communicate, I would just play him a tune on the guitar lol.... ET's like death metal, right?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Nah use the universal greeting: "ba-weep-graanaa-weep-ninay-bong"

And if american dad is anything to go by i'd entice him/her/it with a bottle of chardonay, some twinkies, and an invitation to live in my attic and watch trash television.

How could it turn an offer like that down!!!

I'll have my very own fabulous Roger!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If somethings alien, it means its not of this planet. So how would we know what we are looking at is an alien? It might be something completely unrecognizable to us, maybe our brains wouldn't be able to comprehend what we are seeing.

But if we could see it and communicate with it in some way, i'd guess that a babel fish would be the best bet!

But more likely some form of telepathy.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If i met one.. hmm lets see

first i would stay at safe distance .. a common sense to those don't panic

and try communicate this being. I probably would start with "Greetings"
if that being are able to understand me. well thats fine.. gods know how many question i might ask

If they asked me to tell about us. despise i would comment that they already knows about us, but they want my opinion. well thats fine..
I would say that we are a very very lost race wich are divided in two directions.
like all common clique .. good and evil. other then that i would probably have a very nice conversation with this being. since i really enjoy discuss with intelligent beings or humans

so .. well i use to have a tendency to often use dry humor when i feel a sense of fear.

but nevertheless ... its a nice thread... nice question tho..

was fun thinking and image myself that scenario.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
If somethings alien, it means its not of this planet. So how would we know what we are looking at is an alien? It might be something completely unrecognizable to us, maybe our brains wouldn't be able to comprehend what we are seeing.

But if we could see it and communicate with it in some way, i'd guess that a babel fish would be the best bet!

But more likely some form of telepathy.

Maybe it's a flying spermwhale or a plant

I think it's obvious that it at the very least is not something normal if:
1.) It's something we know already, except that it's moving and making sound that it's not supposed to make

2.)It's something we've never seen and it makes sounds we never heard.
3.) If it tells us it's alien

[edit on 15/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Unlike some others here, the first thing I would do is try to convey the message that not everybody on this rock believes killing is the answer. As far as communication is concerned, I guess I'd try thought projection first.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'd do like someone else on here would do, I'd
kill it.
With the stealth of a panther, I'd creep up on the
cursed thing, grab it's slimy neck, hold it down and
p*ss on it.
I've lost my marriage and my best friends 'cos of
these damn things and I'll make 'em pay until they
take me out.
I'm just glad I'm not totally alone, thanks fellow ATSers.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
well....if i met an alien i will probably tell her/him/ or whatever, that we "the humans" are war lovers, racist, very violent with each other and "other", selfish, evil, primitive and not the good kind of creature u wanna make contact with

that would scare them away
dont get me wrong here, im serius, i will tell them the truth, and that's just part of the true right?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
First, I would hope that we both were in secure areas as to not infect each other with microbes that would harm us.

Secondly, I would hope that they had eyes to see me and what I was about to draw on a piece of paper. I would draw a circle, then a smaller circle representing the earth and our moon. We could exchange ideas without words if necessary.

I would hope that I would be talking or communicating someway with an educated person that understood that communications with humans was a challenge and to be patient.

For me, there would be no shock of talking with an alien being. Considering the distance they have just gone to get here, the very least I could do would be to remain calm. Emotional states of a human can change water directly and so it would seem other matter as well.

We can't dive directly into the secrets of the universe. That's just too much information. The first thing I'd like to know from an alien being is present. Did you have a good trip? What did you see on the way?

What happened at Roswell, did the beings that died there get a proper burial?

What can you tell us about your people, what is their history?

[edit on 7/15/2007 by TheExaminer]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
After the posting above... maybe I was being a little
confrontational with p*ss and all.

Realising the vast distance and effort he'd made,
I'd suggest, once you get where your going,
take off your shoes and socks and make fists
with yer toes.
I know it sounds crazy, but trust me I've been
doin' it for nine years. Yes sir, better than a hot
shower and a coffee.

He could possibly come out to the coast, have a few
laughs.
Now I've got a machine gun ho ho ho.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
After the posting above... maybe I was being a little
confrontational with p*ss and all.

Realising the vast distance and effort he'd made,
I'd suggest, once you get where your going,
take off your shoes and socks and make fists
with yer toes.
I know it sounds crazy, but trust me I've been
doin' it for nine years. Yes sir, better than a hot
shower and a coffee.

He could possibly come out to the coast, have a few
laughs.
Now I've got a machine gun ho ho ho.

Um, what?? None of what you just posted makes any sense to me. I'm glad you can make fists with your toes. I'm not at all understanding how that would answer the question posted.

Are you contributing to the opinion that ATS is NOT the place where these discussions can be taken with a grain of salt as it were?

I would hope that we can all clam down, take into account that first contact is going to happen and act accordingly, without panic and without rudeness.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
If I met a ET I would do the same thing like every movie I have seen, hide him, like on the movie ET

Because if an ET landed it would shock the world and all hell would break loose.
Imagine if the gov. got there hands on an ET and his space ship. He would be in deep shiznizzles.

Earth to Earth2, earth to Earth2..... they have, a very long time ago. Where have you been?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
this lady thinks shes meeting an alien- love her typical british reaction when the "being" appears. "do you want a cup of tea?" lmao

[edit on 15-7-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
Unlike some others here, the first thing I would do is try to convey the message that not everybody on this rock believes killing is the answer. As far as communication is concerned, I guess I'd try thought projection first.

That's probably the best answer I've heard yet. If they are monitoring our radio waves, they will think that all we care about is war and money. And while that may be so for a vast majority of the planet's governments, it isn't so for all the people. We should convey feelings of love and empathy, hope and faith, a desire to learn and evolve. We would need to let them know that many of us desperately want a global reform. Many of these posts in this thread sadden me. Of course seeing an alien would be a terrifying experience, but why is your first reaction to kill it? Grow up!!! I lose hope for humanity when I see things like that and wonder if we will ever grow up.

[edit on 7/15/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Um, what?? None of what you just posted makes any sense to me. I'm glad you can make fists with your toes. I'm not at all understanding how that would answer the question posted.

Are you contributing to the opinion that ATS is NOT the place where these discussions can be taken with a grain of salt as it were?

I would hope that we can all clam down, take into account that first contact is going to happen and act accordingly, without panic and without rudeness.

Panicking without rudeness is like a cop without a doughnut shop, just isn't cricket.

I understand your fear and how it can hinder you, when reading these posts,
but as I always say, welcome to the party pal.
When first contact comes, they'll have to prize my rifle from my cold sweaty
cousin.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think I would befriend the little guy. Before I saw the British woman video post, I was going to say I would make it some tea. I have a feeling they would like tea, everyone likes good tea.

I would try to learn about them. I don't know if they know English, maybe they would have a Babblefish. If not I would try a little telekinetic communication. I think there heads/brains may be so big they might be able to do it.

After I got some info and got the little guy relaxed. I would give it some ecstasy, make a video and put it up on Youtube.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join