It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you met an alien being

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If you met an alien being how would you try to converse, how would you describe humans and our world. The experts say math is the true language but I dont think that would work on a one to one basis.

Personally I think pictures would work very well and of course speech if the being understood it. What would they think/learn from the TV?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Id probably try to capture/kill it.

As harsh as it sounds, it would prove it though?

No more secrecy etc, and if we believe about all th abductions and such, I think it would be a fair trade.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't think pictures would work too well. Unless of course
they studied our planet. If they did not, then it would be more
difficult to speak to it.
But if I did see an alien face to face, my first instinct is to land
a knock-out punch. Well it all depends on how it looks.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It might be possible to capture it with a giant net snare. Set these up in the woods and put some bait near them.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
It might be possible to capture it with a giant net snare. Set these up in the woods and put some bait near them.

What???

Tell me what kind of bait to use please!!!!

And where does your trap go?? Around the front porch? in the woods etc etc!!

If it where this simple we would have them in zoo's by now!!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think I woud make friends out of it... and get into its space ship

-fm

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047

What???

Tell me what kind of bait to use please!!!!

And where does your trap go?? Around the front porch? in the woods etc etc!!

If it where this simple we would have them in zoo's by now!!

Wink wink, carnival of souls has a great sense of humor.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
hmmm, what the hell is that, wheres my gun BAM!!!

That about covers it for me, but on't get mad you would still have proof it would just be DEAD!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Things I would do to ET:

1. Kick him in the nutz.
2. Steal his ship.
3. Steal any weapon he would have.
4. Kidnap it and hold it for ransom.

"Not kidding":

Well, to communicate I wouldn't really know what to do. I think I would try to say a normal 'hello' that mostly comes very natural to most humans which is bow. But other than that, I think it's quite impossible to talk to anyone from some other planet, especially when you have traveled enough and tried to give your point across to someone from another country.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I guess no one will answer the OP's queston seriously

Well IMA damn ALIEN and I use telepathy to communicate.

Just kidding people

No but seriously...........Telepathy would probably be the best bet.

If you wanted to describe humans and our world to an alien of superior intellect, chances are the EBE would already know how to receive intentions and thought patterns. It would be more like a mental image or a feeling more than a language of sorts. If the being is capable of projecting his thoughts in a similar way then communication could take place.

LOL, killing an alien, yeah......good luck with that one.
We are.....AHHEHMMM..They are a slippery bunch.

And with these replies you wonder why ET's dont come down and say hello more often. Humans are still apes, apes with tivo and ipod's

[edit on 15-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ants are very intelligent. How would you communicate with them?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
I guess no one will answer the OP's queston seriously

I was serious I would shoot the sucker where it stood, I saw the movie Signs with mel gibson and all I can say is

"SWING AWAY MERREL"

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
Ants are very intelligent. How would you communicate with them?

LOL, the day I see ants building quantized pure energy spaceships is the day I will try and communicate with an ant. They are very intelligent however.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
A unfortunate as some respsonses have been it does give an indication of the mindset of some people and also the efficacy of the media.

But to those people I would say, how would you recognise an alien being, is it your first instinct to kill what you cannot understand and what if the being rendered you incapable of harming it just incase you reached for your arsenal of weapons.

But hey you may have a coffee or a beer with one and not even know it.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well it all depends on if they are friendly ET or evil ET. My money is them being on friendly. It would depend on how contact is made. if for example i was walking down a country lane and suddenly this bright white light shone over me and i was taken aboard their ship contact would be ontheir own terms. Being deaf i do know a limited amount of sign language so i guess that could help!!!
Other than that if they used ESP i guess they could plunge my mind for the information they wanted. If contact was made on terra firma i'd invite ET round for a drink and talk things through. Put ET at ease and we can discuss all the questions we've been asking for thousands of years about life on other planets, religion etc. It would be easier if First Contact is made with a Nordic or ET simmilar in Human appearance. But i could cope with a Grey once i got over the shock of seeing one for the first time.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ok, I'll go for the okie-doke. When encountering ET, whether in a vacant lot, your car, the executive men's room, or your bedroom...rest assured, you're already in HIS house so to speak. Communication will most likely be through mutual thought transference (the old voice in the .)...possibly accompanied by visual images (pictures in the .) if they wish to show you something. I wouldn't be too concerned about them having many questions for you
and I wouldn't necessarily expect them to supply many answers either

Edit: Oh yea, I forgot...whatever you do ...don't faint.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by OBE1]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is all assuming ofcourse your not so scared that you freeze up and cant move. Yall might not think you would but you never know seeing up close might be to much for you brain to handle or something and youd just faint. Then that alien could whip out his probe and have a field day

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
..... Then that alien could whip out his probe and have a field day

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!
I will always laugh at anal probe jokes!
Well done!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Assumptions.
If E.T. is or has been present in our airspace and earth atmosphere then I would presume that (being technologically superior to humankind) these beings would have monitored our global wireless transmissions relentlessly to consolodate their knowledge of our global cultural languages.
If E.T. has telepathic powers or the gift of insight or discernment then communication would hopefully be instinctively simple.
They may even be able to decipher sign language or lip reading or gestures-who knows?
E.T. perhaps is competent in many forms of communication just like the human race is but perhaps the way to see into this further is find anabductee, surely they will know!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'd say "hello, do you speak English?" Failing that I'd try the close encounters hand signal with tune.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join