It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What your boy/girl friend,wife/husband, do that really ticks you off?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Pointing out to me all of the little "man" chores that I haven't got to yet, while the "woman" chores (she is a stay at home mom) just don't get done.

Pointing out when she does something "extra" such as dusting. Do I come home and point out that I have completed the monthly financials for my boss? No, it's part of my job.

Saying "Iwas going to do that" when I clean something or hang up clothes. Well, I've been at work for 10 hours a day with over an hour drive each way...you didn't have enough time?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hmm ide have to say when the toilet seat gets left up. Because then I go to pee and I fall in.

Or when he makes me goes downstairs to get him pop 5 times a night. That gets kinda annoying.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
The small things that your significant other do that really get under your nerves!!! I'm trying to find out is there things that are universal in relationships.

By reminding me that we have never met, and that the next time they see me the police will be involved.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My boyfriend does one thing that really drives me nuts and only because we are in a long distant relationship. It drives me insane when he says he will call back or later and he doesnt
That is how I feel about it....lol I have told him time and time again a phone call means more than a text because I like to hear his voice. He has told me he thinks it's cute but he is really bad at calling anyone really! I will call his vm when I really miss him...sad I know..lol

Now when we lived together (before he moved) and when I visit here are a couple of things he does.

1. We would be watching a movie and he would have to rewind it because he was too busy on his phone..that drives me nuts with anyone!
2. He loves to just put the clothes in the hamper and not put them away(its not that big because I usually do it, but it only takes a few mins!)

I am really very easy to get along with and even these couple of things dont bother me all that much. It's just how he is and well I love him for who he is : ) I know my ats obsession annoys him at times but he says he likes how he can ask me about something and I usually come to ATS and get an answer..lol

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm just in the mood to have a little moan about my housemate.

What drives me to distraction is the constant sighing when he's not happy about something or he's not feeling too well. I'm not an unsympathetic person - just tell me if somethings wrong, don't keep sighing until I have to ask.

And the TV, a constant diet of 30 or 40 year old comedies that probably weren't even funny the first time. And some of them get repeated in the same week, and he watches the repeats too.

And watching some bloody, manky old western that I can't escape because my computers are in the same room. And he gets up and goes to lie down without even watching it to the end. If it's that important to you, watch the damn thing until it finishes. Why inflict it on me when you can't even be bothered with it? Grrrr....

And god help me if there's something I want to watch that he's not interested in. He so very ostentatiously finds something else to do. With all the mandatory huffing and puffing and fidgeting. Just ask me how much I can enjoy a programme when there's another person in the room who obviously hates it.

I can be in the same room with an obnoxious programme and quietly do something else without putting a guilt trip on anyone. (Yes, I do have a halo
)

AND he'll walk into the room when I'm reading a book and put the TV on - how rude is that??

Oh, and The Great Escape was on a few weeks ago and it wasn't even a Bank Holiday.

BAH!

Then there's football and nasty, noisy motor racing....... He happily announced there was a big match on the other day. "Oh, how lovely" I sweetly replied. And got called a sarcastic cow for my efforts

Finally - it's heresy to suggest turning the poxy thing off and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Well it sounds like you are very unhappy and that you will never get along. You said housemate is this a partner of sorts or roommate? If its a roommate moving sounds good....but I get your rant! My ex was JUST like this. Drove me insane! We had two dvrs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room which I payed for. I wasnt able to record my shows because he would record two at once and watch in the LR. I never complained I just watched a movie on my laptop. Well when I wanted to watch sometime he liked, he would interrupt and ruin the show or movie. Oh he drove me insane! When I was reading he would turn off the lights! How can I read without a light?!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

House sharing.

He has his good points (nice sense of humour, loves animals) - it's the tv thing that drives me nuts.

It's just after 1.30am now and he's happily informed me that he's staying up late (during my ATS time) to watch The Two Ronnies - if you've never heard of them you're blessed.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Her: Lets watch a DVD

Me: Ok, what do you want to watch

Her: You choose

Me: How about [insert my choice here]

Her: I dont want to watch that, choose something else

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I think I'm starting to see a pattern

And, oh joy, there's more football on this week

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
In-equal-rights in practical everyday things... and more!!

I 'love' how my opposite thinks its okay for her to flirt with other guys but its NOT okay for me to flirt with other girls.

....i shall set that straight

believe it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I just hate it when she chases me around the yard with a butcher knife, yelling at the top of her lungs "I'll kill you, you worthless SOB"

or when she gets really drunk and starts playing with her .38!!

or when she wants to play "Pirate" and I have to be the "cabin boy"

[edit on 17-2-2009 by whaaa]

mom?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ha, where do I begin. Well, my husband thinks he owns me. I get yelled at for waking up too late if I'm not up with him, not getting back in the bed if he's in bed, getting up to early if its not with him. I get yelled at for not baking bisquits on his day home for dinner and get going to the lake with his sister ONCE the whole summer thrown in my face because I was too busy having fun and not thinking of cooking him a decent meal. When ever my family comes to visit from California, there's sure to be a fight. But what really really really ticks me off is that sex is mandatory, its an obligation if he doesn't get it nearly everyday theres sure to be a fight and not only does he have to get it, I have to want to give it. He could get it every day but if its not initiated by me a few times, theres sure to be a fight. Other than that, we get along really well.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Well, as long as 'other than that' you get on really well

I don't know if this will work for you, but it did wonders for me. I was in a relationship once with someone who had a filthy temper. I had to create one for myself just to hold my own.

If he yelled at me, I'd yell back and I wouldn't give up. When it got boring I started to yell silly threats - I'll break your legs - and if he yelled back a stupid threat - well, I'll break your neck - I knew things were blowing over and we were getting to the point of laughing about it.

I would never want to go through that again, but sometimes you have to 'go up' with someone to give them the chance to get all the anger and frustration out.

In time, he might see how petty he's being. Cor, if he moans about those bisquits again just agree with him. How dare you do such a thing
What could you have been thinking? etc. ad infinitum

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Her: Lets watch a DVD

Me: Ok, what do you want to watch

Her: You choose

Me: How about [insert my choice here]

Her: I dont want to watch that, choose something else

Sounds like my ex! I never got to watch anything! When he would ask, he would say the same thing (I dont like that). Well nobody asked if you liked it, its my choice!! My current bf will watch pretty much anything when I get to choose. He even watched UFO Hunters and Sex and The City(which he hates) and then watched his show during it's repeat time. I was surprised myself! He will watch chick flicks so that is a plus!

Right now he is driving me nuts with thinking I read minds from FL alllllll the way to AL! I dont! Oh if could things would be great!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I have kearned that I need to stand my ground and yell back. I used to be sooooooo reserved and do nothing but cry and say I'm sorr basically I was a door mat but wiht time I have learned that I haven't done anything wrong, your just an ass and I wont be pushed around any longer. So now, I yell back and tell him how it is and althopug he doesn't liek it, he hasn't much to say because I am right, he is wrong and he's an ass and if he wants me to stay, he'll straighten up.
I still feel controled though. it sucks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Simply the fact that he's still breathing is too much to bear....
must go find beer now..
toodles

top topics

<< 1   >>

join