It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Released Bin Laden Video Calls for Martyrdom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate

'Winds of Martyrdom'
Anyone have any information on that?

Nope, never heard of it. Its probably just the title of the martyrdom themed video.

Lots of things can be read into it though, like; winds=planes, or winds=bioweapon, etc.

Google had this, but its probably nothing related.

ANDREW LANG'S FAIRY BOOKS

Translated from two Persian MSS.(manuscripts) in the possession of the British Museum and the India Office, and adapted, with some reservations, by Annette S. Beveridge.

WHAT THE ROSE DID TO THE CYPRESS

'O youth! leave aside this fancy which my daughter has conceived in the pride of her beauty. No one can answer her riddle, and she has done to death many men who had had no pleasure in life nor tasted its charms. God forbid that your spring also should be ravaged by the autumn winds of martyrdom.' All his urgency, however, had no effect in making the prince withdraw. At length it was settled between them that three days should be given to pleasant hospitality and that then should follow what had to be said and done.

[edit on 7/15/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hah! Excellent find makeitso.
I hate reading into that, so I'll leave it alone for now.

Now, anyone know why July 17th would be significant?

Everyone's input is appreciated.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
About the July 17th, the video was found before it was officially released.

Has it now been officially released? If so, what date was it released?

[edit to add] Laura Mansfield now has a link to the full 40 min video, but before she only had a few seconds of it linked. Perhaps it has now been officially released?

July 17, 1968 - The date of the July 17th Revolution in Iraq when Abdul Rahman Arif was overthrown and the Ba'ath Party installed as the governing power in Iraq with Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr as the new Iraqi President.

July 17, 1945
On July 17, 1945, Leo Szilard and 69 co-signers at the Manhattan Project "Metallurgical Laboratory" in Chicago petitioned the President of the United States.

The atomic bombs at our disposal represent only the first step in this direction, and there is almost no limit to the destructive power which will become available in the course of their future development. Thus a nation which sets the precedent of using these newly liberated forces of nature for purposes of destruction may have to bear the responsibility of opening the door to an era of devastation on an unimaginable scale.

I'm sure there's lots more historical. As for upcoming public events for that date, I dunno.

[edit on 7/15/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

More info on the video (with clear pics):

Bin Laden appears in new web video

“The happy (person) is the one chosen by Allah to be a martyr,” bin Laden said in a short clip which was included in a videotape titled 'Winds of Martyrdom', and carried by the Washington-based SITE Intelligence Group. SITE said that the footage was old, but did not give an estimated date.

'Winds of Martyrdom'
Anyone have any information on that?

The term 'Winds of Martyrdom' is from an old Persian tale "What the Rose did to the Cypress". Ironically, when the term is used in the story, it is NOT speaking highly of dying for a cause. In the story, a king is advising a prince to not pursue his daughter, because she kills any suitor who can't answer the riddle "What did the Rose do to the Cypress". The king says: "God forbid that your spring also should be ravaged by the autumn winds of martyrdom".

Who knows if his fairy tale reference is some kind of "trigger". The story itself is long, boring, and pointless.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I thought Osama was killed a few years ago, well in 1998 anyway.

Within days, the U.S. president was threatening war on Afghanistan--accusing the Muslim fundamentalist government of that country, the Taliban, of "harboring" the networks that attacked the U.S. As we go to press, U.S. authorities have offered very little evidence to back their public claims.

Who are these forces around Osama bin Laden that the U.S. government has accused? Where did they come from? Who trained and organized them?

The answers to these questions lead back to the CIA--back to major crimes, campaigns and global rivalries of U.S. imperialism.

Osama bin Laden first appeared on the stage 20 years ago as a major recruiter for U.S.-backed armed forces who were fighting the Soviet army in Afghanistan.

www.rwor.org...

So we created a menace, which the CIA will not openly admit, nor will our government in general admit anything that incrimates themselves.

The rest of us can admit when we're wrong, what makes a governmental entity so much different?

Is it because the only way to hold them all accountable is to have civilians survey all of their activities and this may get a little too 'deep' for the powers that be to handle?

Afghanistan,the CIA, bin Laden, and the Taliban

Ok this is the most intriguing part of the story.

It seems Bush has overlooked this one small detail:

Bin Laden has been indicted in United States federal court for his alleged involvement in the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya, and is on the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. Although bin Laden has not been indicted for the September 11, 2001 attacks, he has taken responsibility for them

en.wikipedia.org...

So we started chasing after this guy without even pressing charges? Sounds like a conspiracy to me!

Gaping holes in CIA vs Bin Laden story

Let Bin Laden stay free says CIA man

So parts of our own government are implying complicity within? Great. At least the truth finally comes forward.

Osama: How the US helped midwife a terrorist

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I also have a few more related topics I've posted on ATS that you should read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Relevant picture:

Source: Worldproutassembly.org

So a few key motivations for staying involved in the Middle East include:

1). Protecting foreign interests aka oil

2). Securing safe passage for allies (Saudis mainly) so they can access oil

3). Keep Halliburton and Blackwater Corporations fat by exporting billions of barrels of oil and selling them at premium price (Peak oil?)

And I'm sure I could come up with more if I wasn't so damn tired...and pissed off

I just get a little sick of doing research when it seems not many have done their own work.

Shall I just research for everybody now? I can't do that, so do it yourself

[edit on 15-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How to Recycle Fear?

'New' al Qaeda tape may contain old clip of bin Laden

The videotape, titled "A Special Surprise from As-Sahab. Heaven's Breeze Part I," was made in the last four weeks, but the clips appear to be old, said Octavia Nasr, CNN's senior editor for Arab affairs. There is no indication of where it was shot, and CNN cannot verify its authenticity.

"We're aware of the tape," a government official, who didn't want to be identified, told CNN. The official agreed that the tape's content is not necessarily new.

Well it does not have to be exactly NEW right?

Could be few weeks or few years old.

Who will know anyway?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Zawahri:
Have I not conveyed? Oh God be my witness.

Osama:
I would love to attack and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred.

Maybe the audio was skipping down at the CIA sound studio?
Just kidding.

Seriously though, when these sort of tapes start to surface I really get worried. Whether this is a current or past recording...someone is trying to tell us all something.

Being as ill as he was, I personally think Bin Laden is probably dead at this point. Whether by the bombings or just nature.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Holy Shinto!

Bin Laden Uncovers Secret Formula to Halt Ageing Process

In his spare time between traversing and hiding in the caves of the mountainous Pakistani border region, Osama bin Laden has amazingly found the time to develop a secret scientific formula that completely halts the ageing process! Don't believe us? Look at the photos, Osama hasn't aged a day since 2001!

Look at the pattern of graying in the beard! Osama's barely aged a day! If anything, he looks younger six years later!

Looks like Osama is SUPER-Human!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Looks like Osama is SUPER-Human!

no not at all yesterday it was being reported on blogs the video was not new in fact it was old and they claimed the leafs proved it as did the background and mountainson the left while the logo near his bottm on the right covered up other items.

Bin Laden video fools AP again

Now what does that mean; well it means once again MSM has screwed up claiming it is new without waiting for confirmation. DUH

[edit on 7/17/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
shots,
That's the first article I've seen that hasn't
stated its made from old footage. Weird.

This is from my second post in this thread:

The videotape was made in the last four weeks, but the clips appear to be old, said Octavia Nasr, CNN's senior editor for Arab affairs. There is no indication of where it was shot, and CNN cannot verify its authenticity.

I included that extra snippet from the CNN news source
because I knew some wouldn't read it and assume it was
NEW in a sense that Bin Laden made it days before.

Well, what does that mean? At least CNN got it right.
It's still a "Newly Released" Bin Laden Video, no?

I think most of us presume he's dead, hence the sarcasm in Souljah's post.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

shots,
That's the first article I've seen that hasn't
stated its made from old footage. Weird.

You have to go to the bottom where they give their source for the info on Little greenfootball they give a link to their source which states

“New” Osama video released; Update: Mystery solved — new video matches video shot in 2001; Update: Zawahiri directed Red Mosque jihadis? Update: It’s a re-run
Source

It then goes on to mention CNN and some others I think

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The media would like nothing more for this video to be NEW. That's why they are so quick to advertise it as so; afterall, who would stay glued to the tube over old terror news. We need NEW fear, the old stuff wore off.

It never settled well with me over the timing of these bin laden tapes. It's almost as if the white house sends bin laden a memo requesting a video source for their propaganda when they need to remind everyone that we still need to be afraid of terrorism.

Ironic though that after all the billions spent since 9/11 and after the thousands of lives lost, Al Queda is stronger than pre 9/11 (According to the white house shills)
If that doesnt ring some bells nothing will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join