It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Released Bin Laden Video Calls for Martyrdom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Newly Released Bin Laden Video Calls for Martyrdom

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Osama bin Laden stresses the importance of martyrdom for Muslim causes in a videotape that purportedly contains a 50-second message from the al Qaeda leader.

The 40-minute videotape, whose audio was being translated from Arabic by CNN, was intercepted before it was to appear on several Islamist Web sites known for carrying statements from al Qaeda and other radical groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.stratfor.com
www.guardian.co.uk
timesofindia.indiati mes.com
www.forbes.com

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
con't

The videotape was made in the last four weeks, but the clips appear to be old, said Octavia Nasr, CNN's senior editor for Arab affairs. There is no indication of where it was shot, and CNN cannot verify its authenticity.

Interesting development, OBL is back, dead or alive.
After the Zawahiri tape, which may have contained
coded messages, this new OBL tape is significant.

When was the last time an OBL tape was released?
Could this 50-second message contain the final orders?
Real deal or Gov't propaganda?

What do ya'll think?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

"So be alert, be wise and think. What is this status that the best of mankind wished for himself? He wished to be a martyr. He himself said, 'By him in whose hands my life is! I would love to attack and be martyred, then attack again and be martyred, then attack again and be martyred.'

"So this whole broad life is summarized by him who was inspired by God, the Lord of the heavens and earth, praised and exalted is he. This glorious prophet who was inspired by God summarized this entire life by these words. He wished upon himself this status. Happy is the one who was chosen by God as a martyr."

We have those three warnings again.
Can we say something is definitely in the works now?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
50-second clip here:
Bin Laden Appears On Tape, Calls for Martyrdom (Video)

Officials: New Bin Laden Message Released

US officials are confirming a new tape of Osama Bin Laden has surfaced Saturday.

They say it is being analyzed to confirm it’s indeed Bin Laden, although they concede that there has not been a faked tape from him in the past.

Those who’ve seen the tape say Bin Laden looks visibly older on the tape. Parts of his beard have turned grey. He is also wearing fatigues.

Looks like Osama to me, but whether or not its recent footage or old, I can't say.
It's just very suspicious to have these two tapes released so soon after "gut feelings"
and reports of al-Qaeda sneaking cells into the country, etc.. etc..

Zawahri:
Have I not conveyed? Oh God be my witness.

Osama:
I would love to attack and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
50-second clip here:
Bin Laden Appears On Tape, Calls for Martyrdom (Video)

Those who’ve seen the tape say Bin Laden looks visibly older on the tape. Parts of his beard have turned grey. He is also wearing fatigues.

It seems the last time I saw a pic of him he was wearing cammies and sporting great streaks of grey in his beard, any changes?

Aecreate--"Looks like Osama to me, but whether or not its recent footage or old, I can't say.
It's just very suspicious to have these two tapes released so soon after "gut feelings"
and reports of al-Qaeda sneaking cells into the country, etc.. etc.."

Aecreate, I was in a discussion the other day about this and my stand was that I would be very shocked to find him still alive and traipsin' through the hills and deserts. Didn't we see a couple/few years ago pics of an abandoned dialysis machine in a cave he had supposedly abandoned?

My point being, only a person worth keeping around would merit outback dialysis, and once needed isn't it a bit of a necessity to the recipient? Unless the pic was dis-info in and of itself.
I would say that he was dead a few years back, yet his "spirit" lives on for the spurring of his masses. I may have to eat my hat for that statement, but it's what I feel. (Pass the salt please, oh, and another beer!)

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So far it seems that there's nothing in this tape that undeniably shows bin Laden recently.

Hopefully he is really dead, but even if so all these events of late must be considered very worrisome. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Dead or alive may be irrelevant, the use of Bin Laden in video, could be a signal to activate terrorist cells, or planned attacks.

Just one possibility.

Of course it could be simply more Al Qaeda scare tactics.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
As more support is coming from the people asking congress to pull out of Iraq, the more the profiteers of war are running out of options to keep the public afraid and scare.

Yes I am worry that the real terrorist of our nation will do another sacrifice to keep their profits coming.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Osama:
I would love to attack and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred.

I wish he would hurry up and be martyred already instead of sending others to do his dirty work.

[edit on 7/14/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the reports aecreate.

I guess you can tell by the lack of response this thread got that OBL and his buddies have become more of a joke than something to be overly concerned about.

I was out fishing when the report was released, so I didn't see the news about this new video. Your posts did peak my interest a little bit though so I did some digging.

I found several reports showing some strong evidence that the video clip of OBL is from between Oct. 2001 - March 2002. Heres one of the reports. Some sites also note that its not even OBL's voice in the few seconds he is in the video. It was dubbed over.

So if he's alive, why are they down to showing re-runs? And why does he hide like a coward instead of showing his face and taking a chance of getting martyred like he tries to talk others into doing?

Either way it seems like AQ's day is 'bout over. Heck, they can't even get a simple car b0mb at an airport to work right nowadays.
Perhaps this article talks about that stuff much better than I could.

No matter who is behind AQ, if nothing transpires, or a new major attack fails, I suspect the the goodwill and funding from their buddies will dry up pretty soon, cuz AQ is loosing credibility fast. (see link above)

On the other hand, if the video does signal a new major attack and it succeeds, I think its clear that they'll probably loose a couple more countries lickety split. Then the goodwill and funding from their buddies will go away because of their anger over that.

AQ is screwed either way.

Unfortunatly even if AQ goes away, I suspect others will follow in their footsteps for quite some time to come.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Some sites also note that its not even OBL's voice in the few seconds he is in the video. It was dubbed over.

That's not the only thing in it that doesn't belong to bin laden.

Whoever they've got doing this tape has a much meatier face than bin laden...as bin laden always looked rather gaunt in other pictures that have been put out.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The 40-minute videotape, whose audio was being translated from Arabic by CNN, was intercepted before it was to appear on several Islamist Web sites known for carrying statements from al Qaeda and other radical groups.

WHAT?!

How in the world would it get to CNN before it was actually broadcast for the operatives... it takes a mere few seconds to load a video onto a website.

There is something VERY wrong with that!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
One of the things that I find most distressing as an American and tax payer, is the way bin-laden propaganda has been exploited.

5 years of war in Afghanistan, months and months of campaign and bombings of the area where he supposedly was hiding.

Billions of tax payer money supporting an invasion of Iraq and fighting taliban once supposedly was lure into Iraq.

Millions of dollar waste going missing from this war.

All the death combine in Afghanistan and Iraq including our troops.

And what we are slap in our faces with!!!!!!!!!

Bin Laden and Taliban are well and growing again.

Can somebody tell me what in the heck our government has been doing for 5 years!!!!!!!!!!

Is a Hoax.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There is one thing about the whole coverage of this video that really has me wondering. Reading about it on msnb.com They state several times that the government believes it was taped prior to 9/11. Now I will not claim to be the brightest light bulb in the bunch but I wonder just how prior it was and if the was the message that set the wheels in motion for the 9/11 attacks. So I wish there was a way to find out if this was the trigger for that event and if we should be a little more vigilant than we already are?

[edit on 15-7-2007 by iggster]

[edit on 15-7-2007 by iggster]

Ram

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What is 9/11 anyway??

When so many people on this planet don't know what 9/11 is..
Then what does this video show..How do we look at this video.

One way or another it's a call...
Dosn't look like the false Bin laden -

From my perspective on things - This is an old video before he was killed..
I don't think Bin Laden is alive today.
Another scare the hell out of people thing..Somthing to talk about while other stuff is going to happend - Or somone to blame after the next huge terror-attack - What ever that word means anymore.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

WHAT?!

How in the world would it get to CNN before it was actually broadcast for the operatives... it takes a mere few seconds to load a video onto a website.

There is something VERY wrong with that!

CNN isn't saying how it intercepted the video, but there are obviously numerous ways. No doubt they monitor these radical Islamic sites and probably have a few people on staff that know how to find website files that aren't necessarily "ready" for public consumption.

It could very well be that the 2 recent videos of AQ were sent at the same time, but these radical sites were told to stagger the release of them. They could have loaded BOTH onto their servers at the same time, but not linked or made the OBL video "live" until the appointed time. That doesn't mean CNN or someone else searching for files wouldn't find them there sitting on the server.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Dead or alive may be irrelevant, the use of Bin Laden in video, could be a signal to activate terrorist cells, or planned attacks.

Just one possibility.

Of course it could be simply more Al Qaeda scare tactics.

He's definitely dead, but the use of Osama in a video is significant.
The release of this video three days after Zawahiri is significant.
Both videos issuing 'three-line' islamic warnings is quite significant.
Heh, and I kind of wonder if our media help put that word out..?

Maybe three days after the Osama tape...? July 17th?

Originally posted by iggster
There is one thing about the whole coverage of this video that really has me wondering. Reading about it on msnb.com They state several times that the government believes it was taped prior to 9/11. Now I will not claim to be the brightest light bulb in the bunch but I wonder just how prior it was and if the was the message that set the wheels in motion for the 9/11 attacks. So I wish there was a way to find out if this was the trigger for that event and if we should be a little more vigilant than we already are?

Awesome observation. That coupled with the 3-warnings, and the use of Osama in how long? Very curious..

makeitso,
Anytime, just trying to keep everyone informed and up-to-date.
Thank you for the articles. If AQ is indeed desperate for a major success,
I would not underestimate them at this point in time, especially after the
reports of them gaining strength recently. The second article was from
Oct. 2006, so its possible they have increased their abilities since, even
more than we may know.

[edit on 7/15/2007 by aecreate]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In the short clip that aecreate supplied, watch bin Laden's hands. They seem to transition into claws at points, and then back into normal hands.

Is this guy one of those reptilian people?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Is this guy one of those reptilian people?

Js you believe in reptilian people?

I am speechless.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
More info on the video (with clear pics):

Bin Laden appears in new web video

“The happy (person) is the one chosen by Allah to be a martyr,” bin Laden said in a short clip which was included in a videotape titled 'Winds of Martyrdom', and carried by the Washington-based SITE Intelligence Group. SITE said that the footage was old, but did not give an estimated date.

'Winds of Martyrdom'
Anyone have any information on that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join