It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

up coming state of emergency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
first, I don't think that the public and thier guns can match up against the military.

That makes it sound as if the military is our enemy. I know some people won't agree with me, but I believe that the military would be effective in preventing such a dictatorship.

The reason I am confident in this is because a while ago, I was talking to a close friend, a First Lieutenant in the Army, about this scenario. He assured me that it is very unlikely that the military would ever allow that to happen.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by Nerdling
Article II sets out the details of the Executive branch and coupled with Amendments 12 and 22 it says clearly that no man (or woman) shall serve more than two full terms of four years and that elections must be held to determine the successor.

OK, I'll stir the pot since we are talking hypothetically. If Cheney ran for President having already served as Vice-President, what would prevent Bill Clinton from running for Vice-President?

A Clinton-Clinton ticket. There seem to be no rules preventing that.

I mean we are in the midst of the Bush Father - Son regime, why not
a husband - wife.

Hastily heads for bunker while putting on Flame Proof Suit.

Regards...Kinda Kurious

edit for typos

[edit on 16-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

Hypothetically he could be on the ticket as Vice President as it is a separate office. In the event of the president being unable to discharge her duties the consitutional line of succession would skip him and the Speaker of the House would become President.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
There is a little stumbling block called the Constitution of the United States.
(skip)
Any President could theoretically suspend this but it would only be through brute force. Presidential Executive Orders do not come above the Constitution in terms of authority.

The constitution stopped mattering a long time ago.

"Free speech zones"
Jose Padilla
and on, and on, and on.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Noobie....

I had to tell you i love your signature.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I agree with Bush usin some sort of executive power. I've thought about this since the second election. The Constitution? Whats that? lol, since when did Bush ever consider rules? Ask the U.N.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join