It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 13 UK Tesco stores shut in safety alert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
asala - Is your sisters landline also down (can't call out) then? And if it is, then that makes no sense. Obviously to use the internet, information goes both ways down the landline I imagine her wireless is connected to. In which case if the internet works, then theoretically speaking, you should be able to call out, as the internet is able to send information out.

*EDIT* It seems you have answered my question whilst I was typing it! And yes, it is very strange that your phone and mobile would be down at the same time.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by Vector J]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, this is the best excuse I've seen so far to ask Asala for her number.

Purely in the interests of checking out her safety you understand... ahem.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
ok hopefully i can stay on ok,

Others in my street are now going down,! A neighbours landline is now not working the same as mine with just a dial tone,

there mobile is still workling and they still have internet,

just going to run next door and use my sisiter phone and ring the telephone company see what they say while hers is still working,

[edit on 14-7-2007 by asala]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Seems to be the work of a random nutter with a grudge against them - then again, that covers quite a lot of the population.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Any rain or severe weather down there where yall are?????

Could explain whats going on, or or is there something happening down there? Oooh can just feel them terroists going for major phone, mobile networks....

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
No weather probs down here, and i dont think we are looking at terrorism at all,

I think there was some odd robbery planned and the bomb threats where a distraction,

But more will come out i guess,

The phone provider are saying they are aware of a phone problem and are trying to fix it,

the emailed me saying call this number

lol

So guess ill have to wait untill its fixed,

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
My internet was fux0r3d up for a little while, but that was due to people busy with construction works.
The internet was messed up for like 4 days, then 2 seconds after I heard them drilling again. *poof* Internet active again.

In any case, weird situation. If you don't use the same provider for your mobile phone as for your landline, maybe the landline just messed up and random people EMP-ed those cellphone towers =D

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I think there was some odd robbery planned and the bomb threats where a distraction,

Animal rights is the word that was mentioned this morning by the media.

It's typical actions of the ALF.

Yesterday was designated a national day of action against Tesco by animal rights groups including Viva who claim the store has been selling live turtles at outlets in China.

www.viva.org.uk...

Saturday, July 14: National Day of Action Against Tesco

Partial victory for the turtles! Tesco has announced that they will stop selling live red-eared terrapins in their Chinese stores! Find out more here. However, they will continue selling another species which is still decapitated in store or taken home to be butchered in the most horrible ways imaginable. Our Day of Action will still go ahead! We have free materials, we just need you. No matter how much time you can spare - every little helps! Find out how to get involved here. Please also take a moment to complain to Tesco.

Case solved.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Asala, I assume your phone problem is ok now?

If not, I may be able to help, or at least tell you what the problem is. I work as a Switch Engineer for a "large telco" and can do some bit's and bobs to nail down the problem. I am at work now.

Feel free to U2U me if you are still having issues.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
nice find infinite. The media still hasn't picked up on that. Maybe you should email that to the BBC?

There's not much info at all in the press.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My Auntie lives in Market Harborough where one of the stores has been closed, i'll speak to her later see if there open. Definatly sounds like Animal Rights groups.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Ok theres some movment around and upped police in tescos this morning,

Somethings going on, My friend lives in Bristol and theres was evacuated this morning,

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Bomb disposal experts have carried out a controlled explosion on a suspicious package found at a Tesco store.

Officers were called to the store in the Eastville area of Bristol on Monday morning when the package was spotted.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I do believe its animal rights, most likely the ALF.

Tesco will not go public on animal rights because it means the media will go digging around the operations of the company.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Packages seem to abound this morning.

Miami International Airport has their own. The airport is closed as of now.

Hmmmmm..... Its just fearmongering, people. I'd say Asala's phone problems are probably due to an accident or something.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Packages seem to abound this morning.

Miami International Airport has their own. The airport is closed as of now.

Hmmmmm..... Its just fearmongering, people.

It's not.

This is animal rights extremists.

read the website i posted in this thread that called for a "day of action" against Tesco and its business operations in China.

The incident at Miami International Airport has no links to what is going on in the United Kingdom.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The Times reported the police as ruling out animal rights extremists this morning.

They seem pretty adamant that there is no link to extremism of any kind which would seem to point to a straightforward extortion attempt using the background of terrorism as a factor to ratchet up the pressure I think.

Times Online

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Looks like some lone muppet was responsible as they have made one arrest and are not looking for anyone else.

An unemployed man has been charged over a string of bomb threats which forced supermarket giant Tesco to close 14 stores earlier this month.

Hertfordshire Police, which is leading the investigation, has charged Philip McHugh, 51, with two specimen offences of blackmail and two of making bomb hoaxes.

www.itv.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join