It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets settle this "UK is a Police State" rubbish, right now..

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I passed a house yesterday with a sign outside saying 'CCTV in operation'

It was a normal terraced house in a quiet back street.

The only reason we have so many CCTVs in the UK is because they're so cheap and people think that their presence will deter crime.....

ie the state isn't responsible for the proliferation of CCTVs, we are ....

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i think it's pretty obvious that the UK is home to more CCTV than any other country on Earth, atleast per capita or per square mile. That is my humble opinion but I could be wrong. I believe the UK is a testing ground for the US only because, at its' roots, the US is controlled by the UK. I think that's something many Americans do not consider or will not consider. I find it interesting that most of America's presidents have links to English royalty. And one small example is how the American President always walks on a red carpet when he formally appears. At least that seems to be the case with George W. Bush who has links to English royalty. I do find it interesting how many brits do not seem to acknowledge a God or higher being. Why is that? things that make you go hmmmm. it does not have to be science v. god. it is all one.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ive spent time in the US, the UK, Spain and Germany and see no need to polarize between these countries. They all work pretty much the same.

The Orwellian "Police State" or "surveillance state" was not referring to public cameras but to cameras built into your apartment, people watching you day and night through your Screen. If THAT should ever happen then I'd be willing to admit that I live in a surveillance state.

The "slow transation" to an evil totalitarian surveillance state that many ATS-posters see, I cannot see. I love science-fiction movies that portray that, but what I see is that we are enjoying more and more and more personal freedom as time goes by.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
TBH I can see why such a number of CCTV would be required...such a population density of (est.) 70 million living in a nation the size of Texas requires extraordinary measures to maintain social law and order.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
That is my humble opinion but I could be wrong. I believe the UK is a testing ground for the US only because, at its' roots, the US is controlled by the UK. I think that's something many Americans do not consider or will not consider. I find it interesting that most of America's presidents have links to English royalty.

hmmm...sounds interesting....could we have some more info please?

However, i don't think the UK is atesting ground as you so modestly put it! The UK is hardly at the forefront of groundbreaking laws or technology! As skyfloating says we all kinda work the same in this neck of the woods.

We're all the same apart from the fact that we are all different

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i just wanted to come here and say.

The UK is a police state.

thats my arguement and im sticking to it.Do i have any idea what im talking about,nope but i know they have cameras.Am i just making this post to be a moron and to heat poeple up,absolutely.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
At least the police state that is uk, has not been able to control nature, this week mega damage has been done to the country by rain. Massive floods etc...

At least for the innocent people who have had there life wrecked by the mad police state that is uk, can look at the horror sometimes that get thrown back in the arrogant uk faces.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The UK is a 'free' country as long as you conform and don't say anything against it. Step outside the education/health/political 'Norm' and your a risk to the UK's national security and we have the same powers to hold without regard to human rights. FACT!

( for those from the UK that are in denial about, this they should have grew up in N.Ireland to see this at first hand as I did)

There is zero choice if you try and vote for change, as all the 3 main parties are no different in content and all offer the same World Order agenda just like the main parties in the US and every other 'free' country on the planet.FACT!

The media is just the same media that you have to endure in the US. The is no reporting of any real issues just what they want the masses to hear in a way that promotes the above WO. FACT!

Nothing in this country is FREE its all paid from my people like myself. The National Health is a Joke unless your proud of waiting 2-3 years to get seen ( or Pay thousands of pounds and get treated the same hospital that apparently could treat you before you had the money) FACT!

We do like to think, over here in Blighty, that we are superior to ya-all in the USA. But you know what; we have just as many people here that have not got a clue about who is living their lives for them. I at one point would have thought this very same thing about those in the US but its sites like this one that show me that many in the US are far more proactive and seeking that us in the UK.

No, I think that we are every bit as screwed as you are in the US.

So for those in the UK on here that actually think we are in a better situation than those in the US. Tell me when you travel on the Tubes or train throughout the UK as an example. Do you think that the constant warning messages about 'Suspect Devices' is for what reason? To protect us? From what, the terrorists ;o) the same Western created terrorists that we now have decided that we want to eradicate, or at least give the illusion of action.

Nope any faction that creates terror is a terrorist and both the US and the UK government factions scare the hell out of me!!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
The UK is a 'free' country as long as you conform and don't say anything against it. Step outside the education/health/political 'Norm' and your a risk to the UK's national security and we have the same powers to hold without regard to human rights. FACT!

There are plenty of people speaking out against the government. Actually nearly everyone. Rarely do I see people supporting their fellow humans in government.

I am so FREE that I can do whatever I want (except hurt others), go whereever I want, think whatever I want, go whereever I want. And you are saying I am in denial?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The UK is a 'free' country as long as you conform and don't say anything against it. Step outside the education/health/political 'Norm' and your a risk to the UK's national security

first of all, when you say step outside of the norm, what do you mean?

so if i say that i don't like Gordon Brown and the labour party. That the immigration situation in the UK is a joke, that the health service is not that good but you get what you pay for, that being told i can't be a fireman because the fire service is trying to become more 'ethnically and gender sensitive' (i'm a twentysomething white english male) and that i resent the fact that we will not get a referendum on anything to do with the EU constitution......

now that i've said all of this, will i get a visit from the enforcers of the UK Police state....the feared...and dreaded.....

INVISIBLE UK SECRET POLICE

nope didn't think so.

read what a police state actually is

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
someday the world will understand a recurring theme..

american men, sacrifice themselves daily against forces of evil...sadly they are innocent children, morphed over time into a killers mind, sent to benevolently provide cover and disguise, for the witting populace of politicians and businessmen, who manipulate and create a society of fools, to sacrifice to the dark demi-gods they secretly follow just like hitler himself. and this is exampled with everything they are discovered to be, and everything they say is a betrayal to themselves. Life catches up with everyone. These men and women are the lowest of the smartest. Using their minds to get ahead, and manipulate because its "the cool thing to do" and just part of business. The soldier is pure, and energy. Sadly kept in the dark and force fed a patriotic despot of lies. Or better said..partial truths. Which keep us all safe from the imaginations of the abominable destroyer who sits on high, plotting our futures, with his money, fame and power. Can you all not see that the verse from the bible is at pplay.."woe to the earth, for the abomination has fallen" ..like a bad southpark episode..

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
sorry for reposting what i wrote earlier

Originally posted by andy1033
How come the police state that is england, cannot stop the rain, hahaha.
All the spending they do on perving into peoples lifes, and they never get things right, and just look what happens when they get some rain.

Whats all the fuss about anyway, they have bad floods in china where it is alot worse, and you do not see it all over the news.

My only question is how much is it costing the country, after 9-10 billion on olympics, 1 billion on wembley stadium, and now this major rainfall that only matters because it effects the south. i thought the weather men and women supposedly predicted a hot summer(it is for the rest of europe hahahaha), where do they get there info from.

Anyone see the city of oxford surrounded by water. hahahahaha

[edit on 7/25/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
How come the police state that is england, cannot stop the rain, hahaha.
All the spending they do on perving into peoples lifes, and they never get things right, and just look what happens when they get some rain.

Whats all the fuss about anyway, they have bad floods in china where it is alot worse, and you do not see it all over the news.

My only question is how much is it costing the country, after 9-10 billion on olympics, 1 billion on wembley stadium, and now this major rainfall that only matters because it effects the south. i thought the weather men and women supposedly predicted a hot summer(it is for the rest of europe hahahaha), where do they get there info from.

Anyone see the city of oxford surrounded by water. hahahahaha

first of all pmsl!

How come the police state cannot stop the rain!! can any state stop the rain? how can you blame the govt for that? i know that china is going to be seeding clouds during the olympics....maybe if you had asked why flood defense proposals had been shelved....

the flooding is all over the UK news....because it is affecting the UK....i don't imagine its getting much coverage over the world...the floods started in the higher grounds to the north of england and flowed down to the south - it has been all over the news - do you even live in this country...?? based on the rubbish you have posted i would be inclined to say that you don't...

I don't think its a laughing matter that people's lives are being wrecked by the flooding and you find the time to laugh 'at the city of oxford surrounded by water'

the only thing i do agree with in that random, ill informed rant is that the weathermen did say that this was going to be a really hot summer....oh well

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerevar

first of all pmsl!

How come the police state cannot stop the rain!! can any state stop the rain? how can you blame the govt for that? i know that china is going to be seeding clouds during the olympics....maybe if you had asked why flood defense proposals had been shelved....

the flooding is all over the UK news....because it is affecting the UK....i don't imagine its getting much coverage over the world...the floods started in the higher grounds to the north of england and flowed down to the south - it has been all over the news - do you even live in this country...?? based on the rubbish you have posted i would be inclined to say that you don't...

I don't think its a laughing matter that people's lives are being wrecked by the flooding and you find the time to laugh 'at the city of oxford surrounded by water'

the only thing i do agree with in that random, ill informed rant is that the weathermen did say that this was going to be a really hot summer....oh well

yep i live in london, one of the many lifes wrecked by the police state that is england today. Oh the irony, the poor english who wreck loads of lifes have to suffer(plenty hold this view of the english before i get banned)

The english love it when the boot is on the other foot, and its happening to som,eone else, they laugh there socks of, of what they can do to innocent people.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

yep i live in london, one of the many lifes wrecked by the police state that is england today. Oh the irony, the poor english who wreck loads of lifes have to suffer(plenty hold this view of the english before i get banned)

i kinda debated with myself whether to respond to this xenophobic / racist tripe.

how is england a police state? offer good legitimate examples rather than that 'my mate had a few coppers looking at him when he was having a piss' crap. If the police are involved they will be there for a reason, someone has reported something and they are investigating. The amount of paperwork that MUST be filled out in modern times means that if a regular operation was taking part, the senior officers would be involved. If you do not know the reason and feel that you are under surveillance got to the IPCC.

Also could you please shed some light on how the 'English who wreck loads of lives' actually wreck lives?? out of interest.

plenty of people hold this view....thats ok then isn't it......If plenty of people have that view, that makes it ok. There are many things i could call you....as i'm on ATS i'm gonna go with idiot

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Andy1033, if you were British, you probably wouldn't refer to those in the UK as English, unless specifically speaking about English people. Seeing as the topic is about the UK. that premise is out the window..

Also, you speak about them in the 3rd person, which to me says you are not, but are instead some Johnny Foreigner type spouting rubbish.

Who are you exactly and why the need to talk out of your bottom?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chupa101
Britain's don't need lectures from American's about 'Police States'. The UK has nothing on the USA when it comes to totalitarianism! Here's a short list:

For a start the UK has more than just Democrats and Republicans in its political system, we have free Healthcare, a far greater record on Human rights (Guantanamo bay?), we don't execute people; we don't execute the mentally ill, we don't have regular police officers running around with guns, we don't have people buying small arsenals because they think it is their 'god given right', we don't force schools to change their Scientific teachings to include radical religious beliefs, we don't refer to a 'God' when we talk about Law and Morality, we don't evacuate rich people from flooded cities leaving the poor to drown, we don't have a government that treats non-whites as second class citizens and we don't think the rest of the world is out to get us.

The UK isn't perfect, but it'll be a cold day in hell when American's can call us a 'police state' compared to their nation.

Fin.

LOL everything you think is "wrong" with America is what makes us FREE and the GREATEST country in the world... you Brits will never get it, and talk about human rights violations, oy vey... you guys invented torture..

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising

:OL everything you think is "wrong" with America is what makes us FREE and the GREATEST country in the world... you Brits will never get it, and talk about human rights violations, oy vey... you guys invented torture..

does the poster know that uk had the first modern concentration camps, i think in africa.

the uk is as bad as any country in human rights violations but today its easier to discredit people.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nice attempt at spin, Andy..But not that good.

The camps we used in the Boer war were not "concentration" camps, just internment camps. When one uses the words "concentration camp", one pictures gas chambers and mass killing. We didn't do this.

Just thought I would clarify.

If we wanted to gas people, it was much more sporting to let them try and run away. Look at Iraq in the 1930's....

Honestly, if we're going to start dragging up history as a comparison to today, I hope your well read.....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerevar

The UK is a 'free' country as long as you conform and don't say anything against it. Step outside the education/health/political 'Norm' and your a risk to the UK's national security

first of all, when you say step outside of the norm, what do you mean?

so if i say that i don't like Gordon Brown and the labour party. That the immigration situation in the UK is a joke, that the health service is not that good but you get what you pay for, that being told i can't be a fireman because the fire service is trying to become more 'ethnically and gender sensitive' (i'm a twentysomething white english male) and that i resent the fact that we will not get a referendum on anything to do with the EU constitution......

now that i've said all of this, will i get a visit from the enforcers of the UK Police state....the feared...and dreaded.....

INVISIBLE UK SECRET POLICE

nope didn't think so.

read what a police state actually is

A Police state is going to mean different things to different people but and the 'Norm' refers to the anyone who wouldn't ask these questions.

So now that you have ‘said all that’.... lets see you challenge and indeed change the fact that we just have inherited Mr. Brown, or no don’t pay tens of billions every year for the oxymoron that is the ‘Health Service’ and immigration is a direct result of having a ruling party that has not the consensus of the people in this country,,,, but hey Mr. non-Police state lets see you a) Actually speak out about it and not get called Racist and b) Again, actually change it by ???????

Can’t you see that it (a police state) is a little more sophisticated and subtle than a couple of burly police men turning up at your door? Why would they need to you are just as ineffective as the sheep that would deny that such a state exists either here or in the US..

For goodness sake mate, you and I subsidise a bloody Royal family to boot!!!!

[edit on 26-7-2007 by mlmijyd]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join