It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets settle this "UK is a Police State" rubbish, right now..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
ooh the thawt of being plucked in the air!! puts a new meaning to the mile high club !!

sorry i just had to ...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Could someone define what a police state is for me?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Tibbs

The term police state is a term for a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population, especially by means of a secret police force which operates above the normal constraints found in a liberal democracy. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive.

Taken from Police State

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So the above is :-

As in the old U.S.S.R. or China or North Korea !!

Not as in The United Kingdom ..

Regards

Git

[edit on 30-8-2007 by completenuttergit]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by completenuttergit

I think you should say "not yet in the United Kingdom"

Seems like a top appeals judge wants the whole UK to be put on the DNA database. Like I said before, when the police begin keeping records on innocent members of the public that's the beginnings of a police state.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by uknumpty

Hmmm yes i saw that this morning on the news!! a little disturbing that !
Surely we cannot let this happen! We DO seem to be loosing grip on situtations here, It is time for us the non sheeple to stand up and say enough , but , i fear that, that will do nothing now as people are feeling safe and secure in their own bubbles now.

Rgds
Git

sty

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Sure UK is not a ploice state ! However they seems to have all the necessary tools "in progress" to create one. I believe that the UK people should watch out - take a break from the TV
or very wierd things would be implemented soon. I am not British myself, but I live in Britain and I believe is the best country on the planet ! ( ok- this is just personal believe) . If things would be different I would type from another part of the world

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The UK isn't a police state yet, and there is little sign of law and order of any type from what I can see. I think that the only hope for the government now is the fabled microchipping notion.
I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times i've seen a copper in my town.
FFS, the government can't even arrange for the recycling of waste effectively, so implying that the UK is a police state is giving them way too much credit.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
The UK isn't a police state yet, and there is little sign of law and order of any type from what I can see. I think that the only hope for the government now is the fabled microchipping notion.
I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times i've seen a copper in my town.
FFS, the government can't even arrange for the recycling of waste effectively, so implying that the UK is a police state is giving them way too much credit.

To create a police state with the full consent of the population you need crime to be out of control, what better way of doing this then letting crime get out of control through lack a policing and soft sentencing. The UK government keep bringing in new laws while not enforcing the laws already in place effectively. Eventually we will have thousands and thousands of laws and when they do decide to enforce them all we will all be criminalised.
The introduction of ID cards, noises being made about the whole population being put on a DNA database, the constant monitoring of the population and the removal of free speech on certain subjects such as race and sexuality are also very worrying.

[edit on 26/10/07 by Phil123]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article about Brown's new vision for Great Britain. Yet another vision. This guy must taking '___'.
Somehow I just don't believe anything he says. He promises everything with one hand and then takes it away with the other. Sneaky!!!

Liberty Vision

Plan for human rights

[edit on 7-11-2007 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
regardless of who's more of a police state, both countries are in for a surprise now that Illuminati rules this globe

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thanks for a good thread Stu; sorry I have come to it rather late.

The Labour Party has tabled laws that would make Stalin proud, one such being The Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill. A Bill that in its original form was so corrupt that it effectively gave dictatorial power. Another is the Civil Contingencies Act. Of course the argument is that the government can’t be evil. But this shower are proven liars, they are also more than happy to change the face of Britain without consultation and against the wishes of the majority. For example Multiculturism (which they admitted was a failure) and Europe (European Consti… sorry Lisbon Treaty).

In my opinion Labour would turn this country into a police state if it was left to govern unhindered, luckily they aren’t.

BUT as I understand it no law can be passed that cannot be rescinded by a future government, and we do get a proper vote after each term to decide if we are unhappy with the present shower.

Anyway could you imagine the polite discussion between the Queen and the summoned Prime Minister?

“Take a seat Prime Minister, would you like tea?”

“Thank you Maam.”

“So why are the Stasi operating in my country?”

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The Uk isn't yet a police state, Nowhere near one, but maybe soon. You are caught apparently upto 300 times day on CCTV here in the UK, but when my wife got mugged at the cashpoint, she noticed the cameras were pointed at the bank and when she asked the Police to see the evidence so they could catch the mugging B*stard the police said " they weren't allowed to use the by the local council as it's a human rights violation and a breach of privacy to use them to 'watch' people".
The Area was Brixton in London, and the council was talking out of it's *rse. Now if the police can't use cameras to catch criminals it definately ISN'T a police state.

And not being funny or rude to most Americans as the majority are great people , please take into account that the American media sees most English people as those are like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins...And we all talk in a cockney accent, so what are the dumb*ss minority in the US gonna believe, they're own eyes and ears or the TV?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...
i think this clip is a fine example of an emerging police state...this type of behaviour can only be expeted from the old apartheid regime,mugabees millitia or old eastern block countries.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow a lot of America bashing here. To bad a lot of the issues that America faces today is directly because of the history of places like the UK and France I set up a thread which is heating up
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The police state and the world situations are caused directly from Europe.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I love it when London's camera's seem to fail... its always when a crime has been done... ha to slip that one in.
its for your own safety... well who is going to protect you from your own safety.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
police state no, not when i think back to my childhood

when i was young a teen if i wanted to go into the centre of belfast i had to go through a security system and searched, place full of soldiers and police watching, basic cctv watching your every move. fingerprints taken, had to have id etc, you couldnt go into certain areas, you could be stopped and searched at any time. there was a fair enough reason sure, so i dont think the uk is a police state and my kids are growing up in a better place. and yes northern ireland is part of the uk for not a lot of realise this

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Great thread Stu

Police State? Not anywhere near it. I travel 6 miles to work and the only CCTV cameras I see is when I am on the premises where I work in another town and thats because its the Hospital, which incidently is just 50 yards away from 3 Prisons, one of which is HMP Parkhurst (Krays and Yorkshire Ripper fame).

Our local coppers mostly drive around in Ford Fiestas or ride mountain bikes. Its the bloody traffic wardens here that you have watch out for. The only armed coppers I ever get to see is when I am on my yearly visit to Gatwick Airport. When I flew into Orlando (US) I was greeted by the Florida National Guard carrying M16's and with Armoured Cars parked around!!

BTW: HM The Queen only costs the UK Taxpayers about 64p each a year.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I had the privilege of being invited to an Englishman's wedding in Wuhan. I met up with a group of Limeys at the railroad station in Beijing for the trip to Wuhan. The Brits loaded up on more than a few cases of beer for the ride down. There must have been at least 20 of us. I was the only Yankee in the group.

During the trip, we did discuss the "police state" deal in jolly old England. One story stands out.

"I got arrested at McDonald's!" said the Brit.

"What happened? Were you hammered?" I asked

"Well, to be honest we did have a few but we were not sloppy and out of control. It started when I asked the bloke behind the counter for some mayonnaise to go with my French fries. Well, this brown fellow took this as a racist insult called the cops and I got arrested."

He went on to explain England has changed for the worse. So much immigration the white Brits seem to be in the minority. The ones that remain are eager to leave. Cameras are everywhere, and stupid laws are enforced to ruin a normal bloke's day. No one can take it anymore."

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join