It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin backs out of arms control treaty.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Putin backs out of arms control treaty.

www.foxnews.com

MOSCOW — Russia on Saturday suspended its participation in a key European arms control treaty that governs deployment of troops on the continent, the Kremlin said.

President Vladimir Putin signed a decree suspending Russia's participation in the Conventional Forces in Europe Treaty due to "extraordinary circumstances ... which affect the security of the Russian Federation and require immediate measures," the Kremlin said in a statement.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well what do you guys think about this?Just more chest thumping or serious threat.

They sure don't want that missile defense put up and we sure do want it put up.It will be interesting and possibly scary to see how far both sides eventually go.

If this is just chest beating and we each just keep going back and forth we could end up in a bad situation.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Isn't this old news? Didn't they back out of the conventional forces treaty a long time ago, because nobody else BUT RUSSIA was still in it?

No, it's not chest thumping. Why should Russia obey a certain set of rules that the rest of the world is purposely disobeying?

In fact, I say it's high time that Russia deploys a wall of missile batteries along a US border. Just to prove a point.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Lol...

Anyway can a mod please remove this thread.The same topic and link has been brought up shortly before i posted.Thanks

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Lol...

Anyway can a mod please remove this thread.The same topic and link has been brought up shortly before i posted.Thanks

I'll close it to save the comments already here.

new topics

top topics

join