It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request for info in re Masonic points of interest in St. Louis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
OK, on Sunday I'm headed up to St. Louis to hang out with the gf. Now, I'm under the impression that St. Louis is a major masonic center. After all, they have the Veiled Prophet Fair (put on by the Mystic Order of the Veiled Prophet, I assume) and the world's largest arch (York Rite Masonry, anyone?) So, what should I keep my eyes peeled for while I'm up there? Addresses will be especially appreciated.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Look for the tomb of the unknown Baphomet.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
St. Louis couldn't properly be classified as a "major Masonic center" really. The Veiled Prophets have their meetings in various cities across the nation, as do the Shriners, the Knights Templar, etc. & St. Louis just happened to be one of them.

As for the Arch, there's nothing "Masonic" about it, but it's interesting and you get quite a view of the city from the top. I recommend it. As for Masonry, drive down Lindell Blvd and see the Scottish Rite building, the Masonic Temple and the old Moolah Shrine Temple (which is now condominiums) Moolah Temple is off Page Avenue on Fee Fee Road. No one is around any of these buildings on the weekends, though so you'll just see the outside.

My favorite thing to do in St Louis is to visit Busch Gardens and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery (off Interstate 55). They give a nice tour of their facility and free tasting if you're interested.

Re: the "Tomb of the unknown Baphomet" well....
I liked that one!

join