It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Claims Executive Privledge on Pat Tillman case.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just saw on MSNBC that Bush and Co. are witholding documents relating to the Pat Tillman case and will not release them to Congress siting Executive priveledge!! No link yet.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Update with source:

White House Denies Request for Documents in Ex-NFL Player's Death

www.washingtontpost.com

The White House has refused to give Congress documents about the death of former NFL player Pat Tillman, with White House counsel Fred F. Fielding saying that certain papers relating to discussion of the friendly-fire shooting "implicate Executive Branch confidentiality interests."

Reps. Henry A. Waxman (D-Calif.) and Thomas M. Davis III (R-Va.), the leading members of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, objected to the refusal yesterday in letters to the White House and the Defense Department.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is the most current related report I can find for now.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This subject pisses me off a bit for a few reasons. Having served in the same Regiment (not at the same time as tillman) and understanding how things happen in combat, friendly fire happens. It is easily said that it should never happen, but usually those saying that have never even fired a weapon at another human being. What really gets to me is how the chain of command and politicians turned this into an embarrassment for the Army, The Ranger Regiment, and most importantly Pat, because they are incompetent and quite frankly aholes!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I dont speak legaleze, what does this mean..
"implicate Executive Branch confidentiality interests."?

Good ol' Pat Tillman, May God rest his soul.
Did his death have anything to do with his political views?

Friends and family describe Pat Tillman as an American original, a maverick who burned with intensity. He was wild, exuberant, loyal, compassionate and driven, they say. He bucked convention, devoured books and debated conspiracy theories

www.washingtonpost.com...

Was his death covered up?
Obviously.
Why was it covered up is the real question.
If this were a simple case of fratricide then there would be no need for a cover up.
If this were a conspiracy to kill a patriotic American, then there WOULD be a cover up.
You be the judge, but I know what all the evidence suggests to me.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
I dont speak legaleze, what does this mean..
"implicate Executive Branch confidentiality interests."?

It usually means that the executive should have the right to obtain advice from confidential sources without having to release such communications publicly.

I'm not sure how that applies to this. It seems to me that any such info in the documents could be redacted.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The man literally had his head blown off, the least the government could do is admit the mistake and give the family some solace. It won't bring him back, but at least the family could have some closure to the situation.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I may be out of line here but I have read that Tillman was going to spill the beans on the Baby Sitting of Opium Fields by grunts and that he was a liability to the CIA drug trafficing out of Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I kinda thought he was killed in order to gain more support for people joining the Army. At first it was the "enemy" that got him and he was some what famous. I found it plausable that that is what the government did to him, however, knowing why he joined and then fighting for a different reason, i.e. the drug running, I could see him spilling the beans.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
My father said he was shot "in the back of the head from 10 feet away"

Has that been said ? Is that true? How could there be any other explanation for what happened if that's true

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by plopunisher
My father said he was shot "in the back of the head from 10 feet away"

Has that been said ? Is that true? How could there be any other explanation for what happened if that's true

heard on c2c tonight that it was a triple tap to the forehead, one inch grouping. what this means to you people that have never fired a weapon. is that due to recoil this had to be an almost point blank execution.

this is darkheartrising btw..i lost my password so until ATS can fix me up I had open another account.

new topics

top topics

join