It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran stakes claim to Bahrain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
www.worldtribune.com...

ABU DHABI — For the first time, Iran has claimed ownership over a Gulf Arab state, alarming the governments of Bahrain and its neighboring states.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
We will see if Iran's government dissavows the statements of Hussain Shariatmadari. Does anyone else have a second confirmation of this statement?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
How about this:

Iranian Supreme Leader Khamenei Associate: Bahrain Part Of Iran

www.thememriblog.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hmmm. Missile-toe isn't in the cards? Missiles? It doesn't sound diplomatic at all. This will be interesting on the chessboard that the M-E has become. Is there any reaction from the "Arab-street" yet? Isn't Bahrain a Western "friend" with a fat wallet? Never a dull moment.

Vic

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So the only sources we have so far on this comment are a organization with a heavy Zionist bias and a neocon internet publication.

No good.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
From a more reliable source:

"Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki is also expected to arrive in Manama late Friday to clarify his government's position, following repeated assurances from the Iranian embassy that the statements in the editorial did not reflect the government position."

news.monstersandcritics.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Whether this is true or not, isn't Bahrain home to the US 5th Fleet? Could be an attempt to stir up some tension.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
"Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki is also expected to arrive in Manama late Friday to clarify his government's position, following repeated assurances from the Iranian embassy that the statements in the editorial did not reflect the government position."

Still wouldn't make me feel good anyway.

Imagine Karl Rove telling the press that the Philippines should once again be an American colony. Wouldn't the Phillippines be nervous?

It's just an advisor to the most powerful person in the country, nothing to worry about, right? Surely he doesn't give that advice to the Supreme Leader in Iran.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think it was a case of a lone nut (but some will ask, aren't they all nuts?:lol
in the Iran gov't whose opinion doesn't reflect Iranian foreign policy, who was just trying to get his name in the paper.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I think it was a case of a lone nut

Lets hope so. Otherwise it's going to be very bad over there for awhile.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

On Friday, Shariatmadari told the London-based A-Sharq Al Awsat daily that he did not obtain approval from Khamenei for the remarks on Bahrain. Shariatmadari said the remarks reflected his personal opinion.

From the article itself. Empasis and underlining are mine. This article would be like my going to Russia and saying Moscow should be part of the USA. Its an opinion of one person.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by ThePieMaN]

top topics

join