It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A-ROD is worth 50 million a year!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Common now, whats the deal in pro sports!

Vince Carter: the biggest bust since Harold Miner, 5yr-80 million he has not done a thing, no records broken, no championships, nothing.

Dwight Freeny: 6yr-72 million, I think 50% of that he should give it to Peyton.

Nate Clemens: 8yr-80 million, Nate who? I bet only 5% of people knows what sports he plays, and out of that 5% only 5% knows what team gave him the deal.

Ichiro: 5yr-90 million, A-ROD stats just dwarf Ichiro stats in any category except hits, and the margin is not that big.

Rashard Lewis: 6yr-118 million, he is good but hes not even the franchise player!

The biggest of all David Beckham: 5yr-250 million, and he plays soccer.

If you dont see my point then I will tell you this, whoever team signs A-ROD for less than 40M a year should consider themselves lucky. He is the most productive and complete player in history and I truly believe by the time he's done the question will be:

Who's biggest Ali, Jordan, Woods or A-ROD? Granted that I'm counting on A-ROD to win at least 2 WS before even to be considered on that.

But if this no names are getting paid this ridiculous amount of money when they not even the best player on their teams, what you think they have to give to this guy?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well, if ARod stays healthy and has a full career, I'm hoping he smashes Barry Bonds' future home run record(without steroids). He's worth so much because he's a star athlete, one of the few that have never been suspected of using performance enhancing drugs. And that makes him quite marketable. That, and the Yankees will spend any amount of money necessary to get the players they want.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
While I think that atheletes salaries are ridiculous, if the owners are willing to pay them they should get the money while the getting is good.

$50 million for one player is more than some teams entire salary.

I hope A Rod gets the HR record I find him more likable than Bonds

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
he'll break the HR record if he stays healthy, he'll be a hall of fame first rounder. he's an amazing player, one of the best to ever step on the field.

unless there's pressure on him.

then my 4 year old is as reliable as A-Rod.

a friend of mine, who is a huge yankee fan, confirmed that, prior to this season, the majority of A-Rod's home runs have come when his team is either way behind or already winning. He's a fluffer.

This season is all about signing one last huge contract anywhere but in NY and he is lights out, for sure, but the guys got mental issues and hitting is mental and when he gets up there and the fans are expecint 350 and 60 hrs a year and the pressure mounts, he'll be even worse than he was in NY last year.
I'll take a pujols or a howard, guys who have more than half of their homeruns tie a game or give their team the lead.

he'll get 30 million for 4 years. he deserves it. he's truly amazing but he will be pulling a bonilla and firing up the earplugs to avoid the outside pressure of pleasing those pesky fans who come to see him play

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What was A-Rod's last contact, 10 years $250 million. He is much better then when he signed that massive contact.

If Mark Cuban buys the Cubs, Chicago will pay him the big bucks. 6 years - $300 million.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
for the record there are some formerly within the yankees organization who believe "he is not above speculation"

and also ichiro's contract was deserved he plays amazing defense and his contribution to taking away runs thru defense and his arm is almost as big as his contribution to putting runs on the board thru his hitting.

with that being said, this was a huge YEAR for A-Rod to show he could get it done in NY, and granted his stats had been decent for him in the last coupe years, and great for ordinary shmoes, but if he keeps his hitting up this year w/ yanks. He will get and will be "worth" 30 million a year in my opinion

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Im from SF but I don't get why people still like Bonds. For the all start games u saw a lot of people with his number on T-shirts. Anyway I think ARod need to be the man in a World Series, hopefully a couple of times then he can be considered one of the greatest, and yes for me a great athlete has to win that is what makes legend just remember Michael Jordan..

new topics

top topics

join