It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signal to Attack? Worries Over Latest al Qaeada Tape

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Interesting choice of words. As I sit here blinking froggishly into the morning sunlight, I cannot help but think that if there were a coded message in the phrase it wouldn't be in the English language translation, but in the original Arabic.

My first "gut feeling" about it is that he has told those who need to do, what to do and now it is the time to do it. But then again, that just may be the reaction that he desired, so for now I'm just going to carry on as I have for years, one day at a time. Keep my chem-suit and gas-mask handy and the potassium on ice. When it boils down to it that's really all anyone can do, unless they want to give in to the pressure and go mad.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Seems to me it's not the actual physical attacks from 'terrorists' that are the most damaging, but the knock on effects.

9/11 = 10'000's of lives since.

The powers that be are thriving on our fear. Fear of more attacks, xenophobia, immigration, even each other.

We are already digging downwards. Stop before we can't get out of our own PIT!

The world is a very beautiful place. We have to realise that before any positive changes can take place.

Jeez do we never learn from history?

[edit on 14-7-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Lately, I believe less an less in the existence of true terrorists.

I think.... that what's really happening is the American government is pushing us further into fear. While it may not be working, they are certainly trying. How many threats have we heard of. How many people have said that this summer was going to be a bad one? We're halfway through it. We are told that another terror plot has been foiled, but we are also told that there are countless cells in the U.S. If that's the case, don't you think another cell would take over the attack that the "busted" cell was going to do. The info we are given on "terrorists" makes them out to be pretty smart, and quite resilient.

Now tell me how this news looks. Days ago, wasn't it DHS Secretary Chernoff who had a "gut" feeling that something big was coming? Then following is a tape of a "hidden message." At least two dates in July, the 4th, and the 7th, we were led to believe that there would be massive attacks. Both days went off without a hitch. Maybe our government doesn't want us to have mass gatherings anymore?

The attacks in the UK. Gasoline bombs? Hmm, seems almost like somebody wanted to do damage, but not alot. All this happens right after the change of administration?

Like I said, it all seems fishy to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
Lately, I believe less an less in the existence of true terrorists.

I think.... that what's really happening is the American government is pushing us further into fear. While it may not be working, they are certainly trying. How many threats have we heard of. How many people have said that this summer was going to be a bad one? We're halfway through it. We are told that another terror plot has been foiled, but we are also told that there are countless cells in the U.S. If that's the case, don't you think another cell would take over the attack that the "busted" cell was going to do. The info we are given on "terrorists" makes them out to be pretty smart, and quite resilient.

Now tell me how this news looks. Days ago, wasn't it DHS Secretary Chernoff who had a "gut" feeling that something big was coming? Then following is a tape of a "hidden message." At least two dates in July, the 4th, and the 7th, we were led to believe that there would be massive attacks. Both days went off without a hitch. Maybe our government doesn't want us to have mass gatherings anymore?

The attacks in the UK. Gasoline bombs? Hmm, seems almost like somebody wanted to do damage, but not alot. All this happens right after the change of administration?

Like I said, it all seems fishy to me.

Nail on the proverbial head.

They don't need terror attacks any more, cos we're all hiding behind the sofa. If some how we get too brave or start thinking clearly (for ourselves) then do doubt there'll be another failed plot (liquid bombs, car nail bombs, blah blah) just to keep us in line.

The question is... Do we keep hiding in the dark, behind the sofa... too afraid of the big bad troll. Or do we flick on the lightswitch and see that its nothing but a shadow and a silhoutte?
[edited quote]

[edit on 14-7-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You should shorten your quote before a mod docks you.

And on-topic, I don't hide from spit. I'll stay right out here in the open. If there's gonna be an attack of any sort, I want one of two things for myself and my family, as spread out as we are. I want it to be either far enough away that none of us have to suffer the negative effects, fallout, etc.. Or to happen directly to end it quickly. But I won't be hiding.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i'm not going to casually dismiss it as: "wild speculation"
Nor join in the chorus of "There's obviously hidden messages"

my view is that there's way too much over analysing goin on
And images seen or patterns recognized where there aren't any...

i'd take the warnings from Syria that locals should leave south Lebanon
very soon...as July 15th approaches

that 15 July date has been mentioned in several communiques from M.E. sources, as a entry point for operations vs. Israel

the US threat is another matter, the one the OP s concerned with,
putting on my paranoia-conspiracy hat, i'd propose that all this a deflection, so we in the US take our eyes off the ball in Lebanon w/Hizbollah and IslamicRevolution factions...

and the 2 fronts for confrontation at Gaza & WestBank w/Abbas/Hamas & all the others

Israel has a 3 front confrontation staring them in the face

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Excellent point St Udio. I aggree the situation with Isreal and Syria, Lebanon, Iran, have greater implications than what are current administration would like us to dwell on.

maybe someone should start a thread about it

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Newly Released Bin Laden Video Calls for Martyrdom (7/14)

Possibly three warnings in the new video..
Two tapes now with similar coded messages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join