It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signal to Attack? Worries Over Latest al Qaeada Tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Signal to Attack? Worries Over Latest al Qaeada Tape

blogs.abcnews.com

Fearing a possible coded signal to attack, U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials are studying an unusual pattern of words in the latest audiotape from al Qaeda's No. 2 man, Ayman al Zawahri.

On the tape, posted on the Internet Wednesday, Zawahri repeats one phrase three times at the end of his message.

Have I not conveyed? Oh God be my witness.

A new FBI analysis of al Qaeda...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.npr.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel
Al-Qaida risk rises in the USA.....Again pfft
Al-Qaeda is now the same strength as it was for 911!

Mod Edit: removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
All the hype lately surrounding 7/7/7, July 4, and the recent tapes released by al Qeada has in away desensitised me to alot of this kind news. Not that I don't personaly believe something has to go down sooner or latter, with all the tension in the globe right now. This one caught my eye though.
Does anyone here on ATS have knowledge of the Muslim religion and prayers.

"Have I not conveyed? Oh God be my witness". ???? x3

Is this a standard part of prayer or is there indeed something out of the norm here?

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You know, over the past few years I've been on my toes. And even now, hearing and reading all these stories have only made me stronger. Paranoid, yes, but stronger none the less. But I'm still very unsettled by these stories. This whole situation has been causing me grief for a while now. But isn't that what terrorism is all about?
When I'm at work, I forget all about these things, heck some one could walk up and shoot me in the head and I wouldn't expect it. But when I'm at home, or out at the store, these thoughts plague me to no end. I'm just so full of anticipation right now that I'm really starting to worry. Usually I follow my gut instinct, and it seems that some thing is coming soon. Not to be a doom and gloom person, the only thing I can advise, is to treat every day like your birthday, because you never know.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Slash]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Brian Ross and his so called team of investigaters should be taken out and shot as traitors. This report is nothing but spreading Propaganda for Al qaed and the taliban they should rename ABC Al Jazeerza Network of the West

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slash
Not to be a doom and gloom person, the only thing I can advise, is to treat every day like your birthday, because you never know.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Slash]

Good advice

But isn't that what terrorism is all about?

ya it seems theres two sides to this. It's hard not to think about this stuff when every where you go someone is talking about it. And the terrorists seem to be pretty good at letting us all know their still around. On the other spectrum, forgetting about it and ignoring it IMO seems a pretty foolish thing to do considering terrorism knows no boundaries and we all sooner or latter are bound to feel the implications.

I'm glad I live in the middle of no where.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Brian Ross and his so called team of investigaters should be taken out and shot as traitors. This report is nothing but spreading Propaganda for Al qaed and the taliban they should rename ABC Al Jazeerza Network of the West

Maybe we should re classify the definition of a terrorist

Exactly, my point. Every channel or web page one views is flooded with reports like this

When are we going to know what's accurate information and what's not?
IMO I think alot of these reports are generated as scare tactics to "rally up" the American people for support of the war(s).
Then again I'm no secret undercover reporter either

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, you guys are right. This, as painful and traumatic as it is, is making us stronger and more aware of what the world can really be like.

So much for our bubble.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just find it suspicous that everyone and everything from
'' gut feelings ''
to
'' alqaeda's level ''

are being reported as evidence of a summer attack

we've never, EVER had so many agencies, so many people coming forward saying ''we are expecting something''

coded message? sure could be..

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

Does anyone here on ATS have knowledge of the Muslim religion and prayers.

"Have I not conveyed? Oh God be my witness". ???? x3

Is this a standard part of prayer or is there indeed something out of the norm here?

I think you will fnd your answer here:

The Road to Makkah

The phrase that Al-Zawahri uses is from the final sermon of Mohammed.

[edit on 7/13/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the link lightseeker.

I'm not a Muslim but that was a very heartfelt read. In some ways it reminded me of the "sermon on the mount", that Jesus gave.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Thanks for the link lightseeker.

I'm not a Muslim but that was a very heartfelt read. In some ways it reminded me of the "sermon on the mount", that Jesus gave.

Thank you

You're welcome. I am not a muslim either, btw. I just thought I would look it up on Google. I hope I don't get flamed for this but I didn't find it as remarkable as you did. But then, I am an infidel.
:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Forewarned is fore-armed as the saying goes. Whether we respond sesibly to a possible threat, or react fearfully to what some might percieve as mere "propaganda" is decision left to personal character.

In any case, it is extremely unwise to "shoot the messenger", Shots.

Pretty soon you're left with no messengers at all....But perhaps you believe that ignorance truly is Bliss?

Back on topic.

There is a tradition in many cultures whereupon an edict has no real force of being until it is stated three times. I'm sure that most of us are aware of the Muslim tradition of a divorce being customarily initiated by having one spouse declaring "I divorce you!" three times.

I believe there is also a tradition in some military circles that an order given three times is considered confirmed to the most exacting degree (ie. just before something very nasty is initiated).

This may very well be a signal to the loyal to initiate some action.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Recent reports, failed terror plots, and "chatter" all indicate something is going to happen.

The reality is, fear is what is desired here, the more afraid the public is, the more they can be persuaded to support security measures that could have future effects on civil liberties, or to win support for military action in the Middle East. There have been some in Washington who have claimed that maybe what the American people need is another big terrorist attack in order to support the war.

If there is a major attack in the near future, what will many of us here in the conspiracy community make of it, who has the most to gain from Americans and even Britons living in fear of terrorist attacks?

Already Germans Weigh Civil Rights Against Public Safety out of fear of terrorist attacks and threats.

If there is another attack in the U.S.A. on the magnitude of 9/11 or potentially larger, it is possible that what is left of the constitution can be shredded and replaced. A continuation of the Bush administration? and maybe a global escalation of conflicts and war.

Then again, maybe NOTHING will happen, only the growing fear that it will.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If all that happens, I can almost be sure there will be Militias again, and possible a civil war. There are alot of folks who dont vote but worship their rights, Thats something none of us want to lose.

Watch out, its gonna be a bumpy ride.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
I think you will fnd your answer here:

The Road to Makkah

Hmmm...can't find this phrase in that sermon....are you sure this is the one?

J.

Mod Edit: Trimmed rather large unnecessary quote.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
If there is another attack in the U.S.A. on the magnitude of 9/11 or potentially larger, it is possible that what is left of the constitution can be shredded and replaced. A continuation of the Bush administration? and maybe a global escalation of conflicts and war.

I wish I could say I disagree with you but, in all honesty, I can't. Anyone who thinks that al-qaeda will never hit America again because of our homeland security measures is only fooling themself. According to intelligence sources, the avarage terrorist plan by al-qaeda is five years in the making; it will be the 6th annniversary of 9/11 in two months. If anything, we're overdue for another attack.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yea, funny that the anniversary is in 2 months, and Bush is asking for 2 more months......An attack here in the US might win him some more time. Are we possibly in for something soon?

Seattletimes

WASHINGTON -- Stemming a revolt among Senate Republicans, President Bush appeared Thursday to win two more months for his strategy in Iraq after arguing that U.S. forces have made some progress and need time to make the country more secure.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Xanfalcon]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
with a bit of luck the next attack on US soil will be by British Al qaeda, despite being so called educated doctors they don't seem to have much between the ears when it comes to bomb making and actually detonating them

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

intent to strike the U.S. homeland and U.S. interests worldwide should not be discounted as merely deceptive noise.

If that's what the FBI says, then "Deceptive Noise" is exactly what it is.

More fear mongering.
It's just a load of Deceptive Noise intended to make you fearful.

Go about your business, and remain free.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by lightseeker
I think you will find your answer here:

The Road to Makkah

Hmmm...can't find this phrase in that sermon....are you sure this is the one?

J.

Rephrasing a little bit, you could say that its this part of the sermon, near the end:

Then looking up to the heaven, he said:

"O Lord! I have delivered the message and discharged my ministry".

"Yes," cried all the people crowding round him, "yes, verily you have".

"O Lord! I beseech Thee bear Thou witness unto it".

And with these words, the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) concluded his address.

Maybe its a coded message, maybe it isn't. But what the hell, being too paranoid won't do anyone any good. Just live life everyday as your last, people always say. Good advice, I'll say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join