It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Figuring out what happens to us when we die

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well I'm torn on the subject but in late may I was out on sunset(I'm 22 and live in L.A.) at the after party for my bands show. Of course there is a LOT of heroin and coc aine and all that usual stuff going around. And me being fairly young and thoughtless, i was snorting like crazy. Then someone brought over something that was WAY more pure than i'd ever done. I snorted and bam. it hit me and i hit the floor. first i remember it just being so dark and so quiet that I can't even explain it. This is a type desolateness that nobody could experience on earth. Then I heard what sounded just like Izzy my best friend since childhood. One problem...... He had died over 2 months before at the age of 23. I remember starting to float around and seeing memories past but the memories i saw were all of my what would be called bad decisions. Like trying drugs partying, just being stupid. Then it was darkness again. Then I just felt this very un-nerving presence that wasn't typical scary as it was (this is gonna sound cheesy) but just evil, and unsettling. It felt like it was consuming me then i saw what looked like Izzy very faintly then I came back. I had been "gone" for 5 minutes and it took 2 shots of adrenaline to my heart to get me kickin' again. Up until then I didn't think there was anything else I figured your born you live you die and thats it. I still don't believe in god or a heaven but I think I now believe in a soul type afterlife. Though that still doesn't explain the presence or why only my bad decision memories flashed.

any thoughts?

P.S. Yes I have quit MOST of the hard stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There is no point waiting for science to prove things that you can prove yourself.
Once you have visited the astral realm you will know that there is life after death. You will know that it is not a dream. You will know that it is real and you will know that it is beyond imagination.
As Kindred said earlier. Learn to astral project. It is not easy to do. It is hard for most people to do. If it was easy we would all be flipping out of our bodies at unexpected moments all the time. It took me 10 years. Most people experience being out of the body at least once during their life. That was my trigger to learn about the astral realm to try and visit there. It is a profound moment in your life when you float above and look down on yourself.
Do some research and give it a go for yourself. It is a personal journey and only you can prove it.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by malakiem
More people lately are losing faith in the afterlife and god, but at least you can be creative with the afterlife.

Really? What is your source for this tidbit? "Atheists international?"

Really, where do you come to that conclusion? Is it because the majority of the posters here at ATS don't believe in anything? That is hardly an accurate portrayal of society.

no not really, i have no link but the government is starting to take religion from the public. No prayer in school, and no thought of god out in public. But the majority of my generation are either atheistic or agnostic and when you try to debate with them about life after death they just don't want to hear it. I still wonder why there is in god we trust on the dollar bill but this country is moving far away from it.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
To prove or disprove life after Death:
1) Open the case of your computer located at the top of your body.
2) Remove the CPU, which is the grey fatty substance inside
3) Wait five minutes
4) Reinsert CPU, you may need an assistant to help do this part.
5) Log on to ATS and post your NDE, OOB, what have you.

Whats that you say? Impossible.
Exactly.

The human being is a complex chemical process and nothing more.
The energy that is our soul is like the energy in a D-Cell battery,
generated by a chemical break down.

Any claims of experiences while a person is dead
could all happen in the fractions of a second between heart stopping
and heart re-starting.

When you are dreaming it takes only moments, but you recall the dream
as taking minutes, hours, days. Same holds true for NDE and OOBE.

Astral projection is not proof of life after death, it is only proof of chemical changes in the brain that cause a dream like state.

When we die the energy that we contain gets used up by the last vital life processes, it is not created nor destroyed, just used up and absorbed. The energy coming out of your monitor right this moment..where is that going? Does it have a life of its own after it leaves the screen? Does it ball up against your wall or face? No, it gets absorbed, reflected, and diminished until it is no longer effectively measureable.

Someone asked to explain laughter as if somehow it has anything to do with a "soul".
Science has found the cause of laughter, your brain is seeking to fit together patterns and sort out orderly logical conclusions, when you reach the "punch line" which doesn't fit into the logic your brain is expecting, an electrical spark jumps from one lobe to the next causing a short circuit effect. Laughter is not very far different than the zap of static you get in the winter from your fuzzy slippers and the door knob.

What is the point of life? There is no point, its a helix.

You live, you drop DNA all over the place, you cause effects to your environment, you die. Your DNA code that was dropped all over the place is picked up and keeps going for untold ages, like an IP address stored at every "server" you ever visited. The effects you have in "this" life are either remembered or forgotten according to how far and wide and solidly you put your imprint.

The websites I checked on the claims of people who have been dead for days and got up look to be about 101% lies. One sites Pravda as a source of a story...please, its the Russian Weekly World News/Enquirer.

Don't be so gullible, someone will take advantage of it.

How do I know I'm right?
I don't and it doesn't matter.
We all will find our own truth in the arms of Death.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
in this post ive read the bashing that a belief system is something of a security blanket.......well i myself believe science is more of a security blanket it provides you with text explanations for absolutely everything....you can attack one book dating thousands of years but glencoe just put out a new science book so it must be more accurate and some kid just graduated from rhodes top of his class in science so he can provide a new study on something and make something amazing simple and well explained with science who know someone will solve how every miracle ever done was done then nothing will exist just a nice black and white world no questions ever regarding anything.....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestatue
in this post ive read the bashing that a belief system is something of a security blanket.......well i myself believe science is more of a security blanket

your belief that science is a security blanket is a security blanket, which neither validates or invalidates science.

it provides you with text explanations for absolutely everything....you can attack one book dating thousands of years

Ancient books steeped in superstition with absolutely no value other than what the blind faithful and the mentally disturbed put into it, which changes from person to person, sure, thats worth reproach. Some old books have interesting thoughts to ponder for self growth, and some have history, but when they get muddled with pure nonesense they become obstacles to evolution.

but glencoe just put out a new science book so it must be more accurate and some kid just graduated from rhodes top of his class in science so he can provide a new study on something and make something amazing simple and well explained with science

Sure the keyword there is research. Ancient religious texts were not a product of research. They did not question every angle, explore every possibility, their authors and editors concluded that their belief was the way everyone should believe and their adherents ran across the lands killing people to prove their point, they continue to do so today. Those people are either freedom fighters or terrorists, depending on what side of the fight they are trying to convince.

who know someone will solve how every miracle ever done was done

There is absolutely no proof that any miracle was ever done.
Scientist have tried to find if prayer works at all, and guess what they found?
It doesn't ever change the outcome of anything, ever.

then nothing will exist just a nice black and white world no questions ever regarding anything.....

Yes for those weak minded who need the lies of religion to sustain them then their world will come to an end. For the rest of humanity, the world of science opens new doors to untold worlds of discovery.

Look at the computer in front of you, a product of science, millions of man years of research and labor, and you have not, nor will you in your lifetime, or the lifetime of your children or grandchildren ever fathom one one millionth of its mysteries.

You know what else science recently found?
People who lie to themselves about politics and religion are experiencing much the same brain activity as coc aine users. Don't let me kill your buzz.
Have another line of a your dope old books.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Legalizer]

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Everyone knows what it's like when you die, you spent a good long eternity there before you were born, the void, and it's a blank void of nothingness you'll be heading back to as well, life is short, very very short.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is asking living scientists to find out what happens after death like opening a box with the crowbar you left inside it?

I do have a theory though...

Time is subjective - everyone is used to hearing phrases (i forget their name) like "hasnt time flown" or "that afternoon dragged on".

From there, we can add near death experiences - during which witnesses claim that time seemed to stretch on almost endlessly as the adrenalin rush acted to try and ensure survival through faster reactions.

This leads me to wonder... When we die, it is possible that time stretches ever further (only to the subject of course, not others) until what we envisage as the afterlife is in fact the dying person living in a personal infinity on the moment of death - never quite experiencing death itself as the world around them gets slower and slower until it has ALMOST stopped - just as (geeky analogy) tangents get ever closer to 90 degrees without ever touching.

Trapped forever in your own death without being able to move on? If that doesnt make you want to go peacefully i dont know what will...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join