It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens charged in plan to shoot, bomb at school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm watching cnn right now, they have found a journal and video evidence of a murder plot. The journal was found in a mcdonalds parking lot. The two kids ages 15 and 17 went to connetquot high school in NY. Do you guys think they would actually have gone through with this, or was it just a cry for help?

www.cnn.com...

edit: to add link and change title

[edit on 7/13/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The article talks about the police searching the 15 year olds computer, and they found that he was looking to purchase an uzi and 5 lbs. of black powder online.

It is unclear to me if he was just browsing or actually trying to purchase one, I don't know how a 15 year old could buy something online without a credit card, and I doubt he would use someone elses, like his parents', because I'm sure they would find out about the purchase rather quickly. Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
its hard to say if they would have carried these plans out.

Just the fact that high school kids get to a point in thier young lives that they feel the need to kill and hurt people is scary.

I pray that these kids can get the help that they need.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its probably another attempt by CNN and the corporate owned media to show us that our second amendment (right to bear arms) is not important anymore.

'You have the police to protect you on the home front and the military from overseas threats.'

Yeah, but what about those already here, in our own government?

I don't think these kids are capable of killing anyone. Browsing the internet for weapons is a pretty typical guy thing to do. That doesn't mean every guy plans on killing and maimin the innocents of this world.

"Enter the police state."

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sorry double post.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's time to disarm insane people. If we go to war over non-existing WMD and terrorists we created, why then we allow immature and irresponsible people to shoot other people at home? 2nd Amendment was meant for people who are able to think to protect something, not for people who are under corporate propaganda all day.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Its probably another attempt by CNN and the corporate owned media to show us that our second amendment (right to bear arms) is not important anymore.

'You have the police to protect you on the home front and the military from overseas threats.'

Yeah they always tell us this but in reality few people realize that the police don't prevent crime, they find out who commited crimes and send them to the courts. This false sense of security is always instilled in us when authorities "foil" a "plot."

Yeah, but what about those already here, in our own government?

Good question.

I don't think these kids are capable of killing anyone. Browsing the internet for weapons is a pretty typical guy thing to do. That doesn't mean every guy plans on killing and maimin the innocents of this world.

I don't know these kids, so I personally can not pass judgement on if they could be capable of doing this or not. In the press conference, they stated that they were unsure if the kids were trying to actually buy these weapons. Yet, on the cnn link I provided it says they did try to obtain these.

I do think that there is nothing wrong with looking at guns on the internet, but this kid was looking for an uzi, which certainly isn't a gun for the shooting range or home defence. It's a gun made for a shooting spree. Take that and the context of the journals together, it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I think these boys should definatly seek some psychological help, and I'm sure the kids that were giving them a hard time at their school are going to reconsider that behavior, as it could have been a much worse outcome for them.

new topics

top topics

join