It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Moves Into the Top Tier, Suggesting All His Support is Real

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Ron Paul Moves Into the Top Tier, Suggesting All His Support is Real

www.gambling911.com

In the second quarter, Ron Paul is reporting that he has 2.4 million cash on hand. That is more money than "front-runner" John McCain. Now, the mainstream media has never really offered up their methodology for deciding who gets to be called "top tier" but if Ron Paul now has more cash on hand than John McCain (a former top tier candidate) more Meetup groups than all the other candidates, is the number one searched term on Technorati, and number one in YouTube subscriptions, then he must have moved into the top tier by now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the people who make their living off of placing odds on events see Ron Paul as a threat, yet those who make their money off TV ads still think he is a joke. As the article goes on to say, the msm is losing viewers and customers hand over fist and Americans are looking to alternative media sources for their information. If the msm doesn;t go back to reporting the facts and being a watchdog over government that they were meant to be, they just may cease being a source of information and may become obsolete

www.gambling911.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Nice job Ron Paul..

You get my vote this coming election

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sorry, but Ron Paul is not a top tier candidate.

He may have more money in the bank now than McCain does, but that's just because McCain spent all his money. McCain still raised far more than Paul.

Paul is still a pipe dream, there's no way he'll win the GOP nomination.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This news really makes me happy even though I don't see what difference being a "top tier" candidate really makes. Ron Paul is, for once, the voice of the people. He's the only politician looking out for the American people, the only one dedicated to making changes in the government that would improve life for the common man.

He's the only politician who adheres to the Constitution above all else.

I had almost resigned myself to the fact that he will never become president, that he'll be crushed under the Hillary/Obama rail road I'm expecting to come crashing along in a few months.

If the Republicans had any brains they would nominate Ron Paul as he would be able to put an end to Hillary in a matter of minutes in a debate. I can see it now, Paul would give a clear, fair, honest answer and Hillary's jaw would fall through the floor.

Maybe there's still hope yet!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think as more and more people start waking up and realizing that
Iraq was a huge mistake, they will see Paul as a viable candidate more than the others because of his stance on the war, as well as many other things. It is clear the rest of the candidates, both Repub and Dem, are mouthing the same old hype that politicians have always used.
Paul is not beholden to corporate interests, which will make fund-raising difficult for him compared to the other corporate robots.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ron Paul is nothing more than an internet mirage. He does good in spammed internet polls, but when real Repubicans get together he does nothing.

I will give Ron Paul this...I'm sure he will double his support from 1988 when he received 1/2% of the vote!

Oh, In case you didn't know....John McCain is NOT a front-runner. His candidacy is as dead as Ron Paul's.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Those 2 so called Ron Paul spammers showed up in Iowa to support him when he was excluded from a republican debate. Take a look at the following video if you dare.

On more fact, national polls poll between 100-500 people, those internet polls, most of which don't allow more than one vote per IP or MAC Addy have 72,000 votes. I aint no mathematician but let's ask one which is a better sample size?

You tube Video of those two Ron Paul Internet Spammers in Iowa

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
None of this changes the fact that he cannot get more than 2% in the polls. He has a small and disproportionately active group of tech-savvy supporters. But it ends there.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
On more fact, national polls poll between 100-500 people, those internet polls, most of which don't allow more than one vote per IP or MAC Addy have 72,000 votes. I aint no mathematician but let's ask one which is a better sample size?
I am a mathematician, and a pollster. Scientifically speaking, such online polls are useless as measurements because there is no control of the universe of people sampled.

Second, a national poll with N=100 or N=500 isn't worth the paper it's printed on. However, at least in the polls that I have cited above, N=1000, which is standard for polls of national scope and results in a 95% confidence interval with about a 3% margin of error.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have to point out that in all three MSNBC polls, the before poll showed Paul at the bottom, and the after poll showed him waaay ahead. Since anyone who so chooses can vote, why is it that only Ron Paul supporters are internet savy? The answer is, they aren't.

This mythology of Ron Paul spammers--as if they're some unique, anomalous internet breed apart from other candidates' supporters--is getting harder to support by the day. And on the flip side, the idea that the MSM is trying to sink him is getting more and more obvious.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
You tube Video of those two Ron Paul Internet Spammers in Iowa

Great vid, independent, thanks for posting!

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ron Paul spammers are Democrats, who want support for an Anti-War(American) Republican.

Just look at Prisonplanet.com their front page is full of Ron Paul.

Why do you think Howard Dean got off to a fast start in 2004? It was the internet! I don't know how many polls I spammed in favor of Howard Dean. As a Republican, I would have loved this guy as the Democrat Party nominee. As it turned out, it didn't matter because the Democrats ran someone just as kooky...John Kerry.

Democrats almost fell for the internet hype in 2004. Republicans won't fall for it because we know whats going on with Ron Paul and his faithful Democrat internet spammers.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Ron Paul spammers are Democrats, who want support for an Anti-War(American) Republican.

Ron Paul is an authentic Republican. The fact that the neocons can't understand that speaks volumes about what has happened to the Grand Old Party in the past 3 or 4 decades.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
I have to point out that in all three MSNBC polls, the before poll showed Paul at the bottom, and the after poll showed him waaay ahead.

Waaay ahead of who? Is he ahead of Giuliani or Romney? Raising more cash than McCain in the most recent reporting period means very little; McCain shot himself in the foot with that amnesty bill and most of his staff have jumped ship. I wouldn't put too much stock in that "accomplishment".

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Paul is still a pipe dream, there's no way he'll win the GOP nomination.

That well may be, dj.
But considering who the repubs are attempting to run, Ron Paul is a breath of fresh air in this marathon presidential campaign.

I agree he is not likely to get the nomination, which is too bad.
What is also too bad is that I do not see any repub candidate likely to beat whichever sad candidate the dems come up with.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
I am a mathematician, and a pollster. Scientifically speaking, such online polls are useless as measurements because there is no control of the universe of people sampled.

no control over the people sampled? like if they were american or not? what else would matter? sounds like cherry picking to me.

Second, a national poll with N=100 or N=500 isn't worth the paper it's printed on. However, at least in the polls that I have cited above, N=1000, which is standard for polls of national scope and results in a 95% confidence interval with about a 3% margin of error.

1000 people out of what? 300,000,000 and a 3% margin for error? come on, what does that even mean? 95% success rate of keeping you in the dark of what MOST people are acctually thinking.

im not saying Paul will win, we just had a similar situation in Canada a year or two ago with a fella named Jack Layton. he seemed like a stand up guy, and i thought he had a lot of support because he was speaking common sense, but like Paul will experience he only got a couple votes.

so it turns out that the enemy of my freedoms and enjoyment of life is not some terrorist from the middle east, but actually my neighbor.

I dont know what its going to take, but i hope things pop off real soon, not to sound like an anarchist, but if your a realist at all you would know that this system of living is doing nobody who cares any good.

now im just depressing myself

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The only thing I will say in the defense of Internet Polls and what the pollster poster said is this..

Notice how they said on the interet they "CAN'T CONTROL THE SAMPLE".

Hate it when that happens. What they mean is that a simple question like who do you like for president, will react a different, and I think more accurate response, than saya poll question like this one.

If Hillary and Giuliani are the candidates who are you more likely to vote for?

You have to understand how hard it is to get Ron Paul as an answer here, controlling the sample means CONTROLLING the POLL as well as the answers they will accept.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Ron Paul is no-one's savior. Now I don't support the war in Iraq but Paul is NOT the answer. He wants to scrap the ICC, NAFTA, CAFTA, the UN, etc. That's just very, very old-fashioned and unrealistic isolationist thinking. He's "pro-life". 60% of America is not. He wants to shut down the borders.

He has his head in the sand; His supporters are a very vocal minority but nothing more.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ron Paul is now being shown at 7-1 and only second to Hillary who is 2-1 in Vegas. Interesting again how the guys who make their living off of making odds see Ron Paul as a threat, and a serious contender.

Although I would personally love to see President Dr. Ron Paul, they would never let it happen. I thinnk Vegas is looking at the support, coverage, polls and other such info that would leaad them to believe that Ron Paul is growing daily and could in a real world be President. There is one thing that can make those odds go pastAl Sharpton who is coming in at 80,000-1, that is DIEBOLD.

Remember it is not those that casst the votes that decide anything, but those that count them... I will say ina REAL paper counted fair, no dead people voting kind of election, Ron Paul wins hands down. But alas we don't have real fair counted elections in this nation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join