It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops battle Iraqi police, gunmen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

U.S. troops battle Iraqi police, gunmen

news.yahoo.com

BAGHDAD - U.S. forces battled Iraqi police and gunmen Friday, killing six policemen, after an American raid captured a police lieutenant accused of leading an Iranian-backed militia cell, the military said.

Seven gunmen also died in the fight, a rare open street battle between American troops and policemen. Washington has demanded the government purge its police force of militants, and U.S. and Iraqi authorities have arrested officers in the past for militia links. But the Bush administration
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
*cough* out of controll *cough* Yes he was a crooked cop but is thier a legit cop on the force there at this point? Our troops do not know whih way the bullets are comming from these days. its pretty clear that the governemnt as it stands now or in the close future will be able to have any meaningful controll over the country.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Yes he was a crooked cop but is thier a legit cop on the force there at this point?

Well, there are plenty of bent cops on the force in western countries during "peace time", and I would have thought that the opportunities for profiteering are much greater in a chaotic war zone. Those who can, do, right?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I agree in confusion there is profit. However, its key here. If there is no one to turn security over to, we have to be there forever.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think Bush should just get over his dreams of crusader and do a better service to the people of Iraq and making Iraq the 52 state.

After all US owns Iraq

I think when it comes to nation building our government sucks, and then we most wonder why our own nation system of government seems to be going down the hill.

new topics

top topics

join