It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

paraskavedekatriaphobia ... Do You Suffer ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia (a word that is derived from the concatenation of the Greek words Παρασκευή, δεκατρείς, and φοβία, meaning Friday, thirteen, and phobia respectively; alternative spellings include paraskevodekatriaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia) or triskaidekaphobia, and is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a phobia (fear) of the number thirteen.

en.wikipedia.org...

see more at the link...

FTT never bothered me, just another day.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The only suffering I did today was trying to read that word Elevatedone.I ain't superstitious.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No, but I do have hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. So thanks for triggering that.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
No, but I do have hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. So thanks for triggering that.

LOL and just what the heck is that??? hehehe

Im feeling a bit supercalifragalisticial mystically induced with a touch of repressed magglyfillomia.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
is that the fear of long words...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
is that the fear of long words...

Shhhhhhh!!! you're freaking me out.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
what... you mean words like this bother you...

PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­CONIOSIS

FLOCCI­NAUCINI­HILIPIL­IFICATION

ANTI­TRANSUB­STAN­TIA­TION­ALIST

or this one...

ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­V ALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL ­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTA MINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­AR GINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­ALANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL ­PROLYL­LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASPARAGINYL­ARGINYL­IS OLEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­PROLYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEU CYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­VALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCYL­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPA RAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL� �GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PRO LYL­ALANYL­SERINE

which is = Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain.
This word has appeared in the American Chemical Society's Chemical Abstracts and is thus considered by some to be the longest real word.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No, that one would only bother me if you could say it. In Pig Latin.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have a fear of brown eggs. They are EVIL!!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
I have a fear of brown eggs. They are EVIL!!

You must be great fun at Easter then.

new topics

top topics

join