It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what this thing is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just saw this on another site...

What is that over ND?

Image.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No idea, but it looks interesting.

As it's hosted on a site that will update, I hosted it on photobucket for future reference:

i132.photobucket.com...

Edit, I assume it would be something to do with rain, but it doesn't seem to have any cloud there, if my interpretation is correct. And it just disappears after a little while as well. Now if it wasn't for the fact that I would prefer to come up with some proper explanation, I would just shout HAARP!!
I also looked on flashearth, with NasaTerra source, but nothing apparent there either.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by apex]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Interesting

It appears only on IR-Radar map. I checked the visible and IR maps on the same site and its not there. It lasts for more than 8 hours. Intense radar readings for 8 hours??
Never seen before.. is it a nuke test or an instant storm or a mother ship or a simple radar fault, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hey loam, I think that's just a precipitaton map. Heavy precipitation that is and highly concentrated.

You can see the usual green tinted rain portions all over the rest of the country and down in the southern and eastern portions you can see red and yellow dots as well.

I just checked a weather site and I believe I found your answer:

Grand Forks 72.1 °F / 22.3 °C 76% 29.75 in / 1007.3 hPa (Rising) Light Thunderstorm Rain

Grand forks to the best of my knowledge is towards the north central part of the state. My girlfriend lives in SD so she wasn't exactly sure what towns were up there, but that's what I think it is.

EDIT: Grand Forks is on the eastern border....

Although there is a severe thunderstorm warning near Rugby, ND:

www.crh.noaa.gov...

Could also be a weather control test by our government. No one really lives up there so I'm sure it wouldn't be that noticeable. Grand Forks air force base is only a few hours from where that red blip is.

Who knows eh?

[edit on 13-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Looks like a concentrated storm.
Odd that it only shows up on IR-radar, though.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If that's real, it's a pretty big damned storm...

And why was it stationary all those hours?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Slowly moving storm front.

Notice that the same thing is going on over Dallas. During that time, we had a day of rain... and rain... and rain.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
There is an Air Force Base at Grand Forks. But I would have to be paranoid to think that had something to do with the ordinary rainstorm.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
well im in South Dakota in Aberdeen SD just under that big blob haha. Nothin to see just some rain....nohtin going on here at all haha

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Great find OP. I loves these mysteries. I also found the anomoly in the surface data plots. It may not be rain but it was enough to mimic the barametric pressure in that spot to fool the radar. IMO.

Surface data plots.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Im guessing that from the page title its a satellite / infra red radar image being looped from a 12 hour period. More specifically the cloud bein shown up on infra red as blac/grey/white and the green through red colour being the amount of precipitation.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Its the distribution of green splotches over north America, isnt it?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I would like to add this link:

www.weatherunderground.com...

Weather Underground historical Radar Archive between Bottineau and Velva North Dakota

You have to input "JULY 13 2007" into the pull down menu.

Very interesting images from that date. Worthy of a screen capture... (ive never been a+ at that)

The area in question is north of Velva, southwest of Bottineau, just west of Bantry.

Radar is provided by Minot AFB

The best I can figure is "radar noise"... I cannot find any hazard statements regarding that date in ND.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It shows a lot of green in upstate South Carolina (Clover), and I can tell you it definitely is not rain! It hasn't rained here in a couple of months.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus
Its the distribution of green splotches over north America, isnt it?

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle
It shows a lot of green in upstate South Carolina (Clover), and I can tell you it definitely is not rain! It hasn't rained here in a couple of months.

You guys are not following.

We are near Velva, North Dekota, July 13th 2007 watching a RED pulsing radar anomoly.

The OP's orginal link is of "current radar" and not indicative of the object in question.

Sri

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I sent an email today to Jeff Masters of Weather Underground

Jeff,

I am a writer/scholar at abovetopsecret.com following a thread in the fragile earth forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A subject matter expert, "Loam" at our site has noticed that on July 13th, 2007 centered north of Velva, ND there was a red radar reading that seems off. Can you explain?

I was thinking radar glitch... but usually they are centered over the radar station, which in this case is Monit; about 50 miles west.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
We are near Velva, North Dekota, July 13th 2007 watching a RED pulsing radar anomoly.

If you look at my link, you can see how it originally looked. It isn't pulsing, it's looped anyway. The question is what was it? I'd say rain, but all it does is rotate.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by apex]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It could be a number of things but most likely to be interference or noise on the radar. Could also be a pulse storm which is a storm which pretty much forms extremely quickly on the spot and dissipates quickly to. They can be quite intense as well which would explain the deep red colour. The only problem with this is that pulse storms arent that big. Would really have to have been on the ground observing to be able to tell what it was. I work at the Bureau of Meteorology over here in Australia so I will ask around and see if I can find something similar in our radar archives

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ok, I did some research and talked to some severe weather/ radar experts and we all agreed that the anomaly was definently a problem with the radar. The intensity lasted far too long over too large and area for it to be anything else. Let me know if anyone has any other questions

new topics

top topics

join