It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly finally changes his mind on Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

O'Reilly takes on Tony Snow, 'You can't win' in Iraq'

Fox News' Bill O'Reilly promised his audience "the truth about Iraq" on Thursday, saying that most Americans now feel the war has not been worth the costs, while "the president's argument for sustaining the war is largely theoretical."

O'Reilly turned on his special guest during the segment, White House press secretary Tony Snow, saying, "You can't win ... unless the Iraqi people turn on all the terrorists. And they're not."

O'Reilly said he agreed with the president that defeat in Iraq could harm the US but said that "enough is enough." The populist pundit who, according to his Wikipedia entry hasn't been a registered Republican since 2000, added that the American people are as exhausted by this war as they ultimately were by Vietnam, and also that "the Iraqi government is incompetent and "the people themselves largely ungrateful."

More...

See also the video in the link.

This is a fascinating change... I'd be curious to read the opinions why?

Whatever his reasons, we are clearly moving into a new phase on this thing.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by loam]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
This is a fascinating change... I'd be curious to read the opinions why?

Well, call me a a cynic, but I'd say popular opinion.

U.S. opposition to Iraq war hits new high: poll

Gotta keep that audience.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think Fox News is definitely a lowest common denomenator type org. But still, the thought of O'Reilly going against anything a republican President says... well... umm...

I think it's giving me a nosebleed!!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
O'reilly jumping ship huh? I'm not shocked in the least bit. I never really liked him at all, always interrupting his guests in order to get "his" point across, and thinking everything he says is right, though I have been known to agree with him once in a while. But as far as I'm concerned, he's just another talking head flip flopping.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Slash]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I can tell you why I think he changed all of a sudden...

RATINGS!!!

There I said it outloud, when ratings drop money drops and possible job loss follows. I think that O'reilley is about 4 years late on his assessment but I am happy that the attack dogs of FOX may have a new target outside of Dr. Paul

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I agree is all for ratings, the war is as unpopular as his own show was becoming lately.

And to believe that it was a time when I would not miss any of his shows

It seems like a long time . . . ago. . .

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't really see this as much of a change, it seems O'Reilly has been pretty skeptical of the war (at least its execution) for a while now.

Anymore I try to avoid watching O'Reilly, but it has nothing to do with his political views. It's his obsession with child sex stories. That seems to be practically all he talks about anymore, I'm beginning to wonder if he gets off on them.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
I can tell you why I think he changed all of a sudden...

RATINGS!!!

There I said it outloud, when ratings drop money drops and possible job loss follows. I think that O'reilley is about 4 years late on his assessment but I am happy that the attack dogs of FOX may have a new target outside of Dr. Paul

Ringa ding dong!!! You are correct sir! I would have to fully agree here.
Fox is in it for the ratings.. They are like the guy who always plays for the winning team.. Papa Bear is like a Rat on a sinking ship..

top topics

join