It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton, Edwards talk of limiting debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Clinton, Edwards talk of limiting debate

www.wluctv6.com

Democrats John Edwards and Hillary Rodham Clinton consider themselves among the top presidential candidates.

Edwards says, "We should try to have a more serious and a smaller group."

Clinton agrees, saying, "We've got to cut the number" and "they're not serious." She also says that she thought their campaigns had already tried to limit the debates and say, "We've gotta get back to it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
news.yahoo.com

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Should they be limiting the debates like this? On the one hand, by excluding voices, doesn't that offend democratic principles that our elections are supposed to embody? But on the other hand, if you have open debates, then no one actually gets the chance to talk and we don't actually get to learn about those who will most likely win--and they can keep their secrets better.

www.wluctv6.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I thought this would get more interest on ATS.

Here we have two of the high-profile democratic contenders for president having wha they thought was a private conversation. They think the field is too large and that there should be limits on who get to debate for the democrataic spot.
Nevermind that the election is not until a year from November.
Nevermind that it should be up to the candidates who gets to speak to the american electorate.

I saw the clip: every news channel was playing it today.
It was kind of sickening, the insincerity, the way they arrogantly spoke. The way they segued into a friendly convesation with other candidates.

But, don't take my word for it:

At least one democratic contender was NOT amused.
Kucinich angrily reacts to Clinton-Edwards exchange in Detroit

"Candidates, no matter how important or influential they perceive themselves to be, do not have and should not have the power to determine who is allowed to speak to the American public and who is not," Kucinich said in a statement released by his campaign.

The Edwards-Clinton exchange was picked up by several broadcasters on an open microphone after an NAACP forum in Detroit on Thursday. All eight Democratic candidates took part in the program, including Barack Obama, Bill Richardson, Chris Dodd, Joe Biden, Mike Gravel and Kucinich.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
Should they be limiting the debates like this? On the one hand, by excluding voices, doesn't that offend democratic principles that our elections are supposed to embody?

Yep, you're right...Notice that, even though they didn't mention names to leave out of debates, they're all scared of Ron Paul getting into Office next year...He's scaring both parties because he is serious about getting the Government back on the Constitutional track! McCain over-spent his "allowance" to put himself out of the running, but Clinton/Edwards claim that Ron Paul isn't serious about the campaign or debates?

[edit on 14-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is the nature of elitists, they care not what you sheeple seek or want. You are not able to know what you need or want and thank the good lord that we have such skilled people like these two too tell us what we need and want..

IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well, many people may not know what they want, but there's a lot more that know what they don't want...Elitists treating the whole world like their own personal slave camp.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Edwards denies that that's what he meant:

Asked about Kucinich's complaint during a campaign stop in Iowa, Edwards insisted that what he said to Clinton had been misinterpreted.

Edwards said he wasn't in favor of barring any of the eight Democrats from future gatherings, but rather wanted to see them separated into two groups of four each, chosen randomly.

source: FOX

How dumb do these people think we are?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'd say what he really meant was that he didn't know the mike was open and that he never meant for anyone to hear what they were planning.
We'll see if Clinton's people ever issue a comment :shk:

To me the most bizarre part of the video is when Obama walks up to them, interrupting their conversation and they get all smiley and friendly. How insincere politicians are!!!
(And I don't mean to limit that comment to democrats, either
)

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
We'll see if Clinton's people ever issue a comment :shk:

Oh she has, she's just blaming Edwards:

In New Hampshire, Clinton seemed to lay responsibility on Edwards.

"I think he has some ideas about what he'd like to do," she said, adding she liked participating in the forums.

Source: ABC News

top topics

join