It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military files left unprotected online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

GREENSBORO, N.C. - Detailed schematics of a military detainee holding facility in southern Iraq. Geographical surveys and aerial photographs of two military airfields outside Baghdad. Plans for a new fuel farm at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.

The military calls it "need-to-know" information that would pose a direct threat to U.S. troops if it were to fall into the hands of terrorists. It's material so sensitive that officials refused to release the documents when asked.

But it's already out there, posted carelessly to file servers by government agencies and contractors, accessible to anyone with an Internet connection.

src: news.yahoo.com...

More top level bungling from the idiots running the circus. I don't think the insurgents have to work very hard at uncovering secret information when we have the military who is more than capable of just handing it over. I can understand this happening at some other levels of government but the military.

brill

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
We should run a competition thread to see who can pull up the most sensitive information and post it here

Riminds me a bit of the NHS problem with their new computer systen here in the UK last month, people were simply adapting URL's that allowed them to view their own details to see other peoples, was a bit hit and miss, but a lot of personal data was there for all to see.

join