It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Cats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I've had cat and dog ghosts before... my bed would move or my pillow would and I'd feel a pressence but I was the only one in the room. After my 15 yr old dog died in 2003 it took a while for her ghost to pass on to the next realm. I lost my 15 year old cat in 2008 and felt her near me for a while, but have since moved from that place. I recently lost my male cat who was my baby Siamese mix but only felt him around me once near where he used to sleep and my bed, I'm guessing because of my new kitten he may be feeling shy or scared away.

I hope you do snap some pics of your ghost kitties.

I'm going to look for info on the,
Animal Ghosts By Raymond Bayless
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
He i got an idea 4 ya see a shrink 4 godsakes lol u cant really be serious sorry if i offended u but come off it will ya.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
When I was a child I saw a black cat quite often, I can't say when it began but it definitely ended when we moved house.
It would happen when I woke up in the night to go to the toilet, or to go sleep in my parents bed.
At the top of the stairs, opposite my bedroom there was a window. The cat would sit on the windowsill, and when I opened my bedroom door it would jump down and stand in front of me. I remember this cat used to terrify me, and it would follow me into my parents bedroom and when I got on the bed it would disappear.

On one occasion I saw a black cat in the garden behind my wendy house, but I'm unsure whether or not this was an ordinary cat, however the cat I saw in the house was not real, it was very dark, but with blurred edges, almost like a shadow. I have never owned a cat, and neither had my parents while living in that house.

A while after we moved house I had terrible recurring nightmares where cats would eat me, or attack me. Particulary Siamese cats, but I put that down to the two cats from lady and the tramp, they scared the # out of me!

I was around 5 years old when I saw the black cat, quite a young age but I remember it so vividly, I'd say I was around 12 years old when the cat nightmares stopped - another point I might add, in these dreams I would see myself as a young child being attacked by cats, like I was watching myself in the dream.

I'm 18 now, and I still cant understand how or why any of this happened to me, I don't know if it was the house, or what...

I wouldn't say i have a fear of cats, I think if I owned a cat I wouldn't be afraid of it at all, but I am a little scared of other peoples cats... Probably because I think they're going to attack me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i have had some experiences with ghost cats , i have 3 of my own but at the time this was happening they were in another room with the door shut , i have been coming downstairs to go into the kitchen and i have seen a white blurred cat run from the hall into the kitchen and i was looking around for it but couldnt see it anywere , i have also seen a blurred black cat run on the landing down the stairs i was in my bedroom at the time i have heard a cat meowing a few times but it wasnt any of my own as i know the sound of thier meow and i have also been going from my bedroom to go to the toilet this was about 3 4 in the morning i walked on the landing to go the toilet and as i walked onto the landing a cat spat at me i heard it so clear but there was nothing there and it was none of my cats as my cats were in the room downstairs with the door shut , i also have little things going missing and turning up in places were i knew i didnt put them and i have also lost a few things such as my gold engagement ring i put it on my table beside my bed when i was going to sleep one night the morning i woke up to put it on and it wasnt there and i know i didnt knock it off this was going back months ago and to this day the ring hasnt been found , i really dont know what is going on i dont know if its me seeing and imagining things but its only me that is experiencing this my husband has never seen anything he has only heard another cat meowing once

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have a strange one for ya. How about the ghost of a living cat?!

I have a very large male black cat with a white patch on his chest. He's hard to mistake since he's 3 foot long and weighs 30 pounds! His name is Patch. He chose me when he was a kitten. I was at a friend's house, and it was middle of summer and they didn't have air conditioning. So the door was open with the screen door closed. A little tiny black kitten walked up to the screen, swiped the screen with his claws, walked right in, and jumped on my lap. My friends just said "Guess you have a new cat!". LOL Would have never guessed that that little kitten would have gotten so huge!

We live in an old 3 story home. Just one way on and off of the lower and upper floors with the Main Floor in the middle. I left my room in the lower floor and seen Patch laying out in the common area of the floor. I scratched his ears and hear his loud purr. Then I went up the stairs to the main floor, got to the Front Room, and there was Patch laying across the coffee table sound asleep! I blurted out "How could Patch be here?! He's downstairs!". Roomies told me he'd been laying there for an hour. I went back downstairs and no cat down there! Still can't figure it out. Those stairs are narrow and you couldn't miss a cat that large running up past you.

My Roomies have reported similar sightings. One occasion one of my Roomies saw Patch laying on his bed on the top floor. He came down to the main floor and heard scratching at the closed Guest Room Door. He opened the door and Patch walked out of it a little cranky for being cooped up in the room. My Roomie about fainted! He'd just saw Patch upstairs so how could he also been in the Guest Room?! Like my encounter he went upstairs and found no cat up there.

Starting to think my cat can Astral Project or something. LOL Either that's the case or we have a Ghost Cat that looks just like him! I even touched it! Wasn't a fleeting sight out of the corner of my eye. I looked at it full on and petted it! Heard it purr as I did.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

It seems to me that cats (from the other side) really like you...and are visiting...to say hello and cheer you up....they are probably friends of your cast that passed away.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Thanks for this thread, I love all things ghost cats. I already told my family story about our ghost cat in another thread. One day, I sat looking in YouTube, after I put 'ghost cats'. Man, some fascinating footage. Of course we cannot be certain how much is "CGI hoax" stuff, but it can't possibly ALL be! Well, the important thing, is that everyone know that (furry people, as I call them) survive physical death just like humans. An extremely comforting thought.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

How utterly weird and perfect for the paranormal forum. I was just on another thread reading about a kid who is seeing a girl in a red/green sweater. I was thinking I should comment and then talk about my ghost cat but didn't want to do a hijack on the thread. The very next thread was about Ghost Cats! LMAO!

Okay, so I have lived at my place 7 years and I never have people over. About 2 years after I moved in I joined a group of people who liked to discuss and do paranormal experiments. We would meet monthly at someone's house and then rotate. I never hosted because I didn't really have the room for it and it was a slightly large group.

One month only 2 people of the group could meet so I invited them to my house. Upon arrival they greeted and I had Chinese food ordered and we sat down to eat and caught up on things and they commented on my house. One of the ladies said, "Oh and I didn't know you had a cat." (she is an animal lover as well as I and she had lots of cats but I don't have any pets). I said I didn't . She said well there must be a stray that has somehow gotten in because I just saw it run across the other room (could see into the other room). I assured her I didn't and she insisted she saw it.

A while later I had someone come by and drop something off. As they were leaving, I was standing in the doorway holding the door open talking to them as they went down the drive. She turned to say goodbye and said "OH!...don't let your cat out" and I said I didn't have one. She said, "Well I just saw it running around your feet". I assured her I didn't but then I became curious. I searched the house knowing there wasn't one all the time and, of course, didn't find one.

This brings me up to 2 weeks ago. I left the front of my home and walked next door to a neighbor's house and visited. I walked back to mine and as I was about 10 feet from my front stoop/door, I saw the back 3/4 end of a large gray cat with black strips go up the last step to my stoop. I couldn't see the door at that angle but a few more steps and I could. I saw it dart very quickly toward the door. I expected to see it dart back out because there isn't anywhere to go inside the little stoop of a porch, about 3' x 2'. I had a plant in a pot sitting there and as I closed in on the door, I expected to see the cat huddled down behind that pot, maybe scared. Nope, nothing. It was running so fast and I know what I saw so the only explanation was that I finally got to see "the ghost cat".

Many nights I've felt like something jumped on the bed or at other times a "sinking" feeling like something was sitting on it, like an animal. Other times I've found a shirt I wore the day before in the dirty clothes hamper and it was in the middle of the dining room floor. I live alone and no one has keys. Strange stuff but yes, I believe in ghost cats now, lol!
edit on 14-7-2011 by dreampsi because: spell

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have three or more ghost cats that visit me every night. I don't know where they came from or why they've chosen me but I'm so glad that they have. At first I was really freaked out by the sensation of something that seemed to spill out of the air and onto my feet. I felt the heavy warm weight and wondered if it was a ghost of bad intentions... when it first started I was scared to go to the toilet in the night! But over time, the cats let me know what they were by walking around the bed, sniffing and purring in my ear. It's been a few years since they arrived and my perception of them is improving. Now I can now see them sometimes - they appear as a kind of dark plasma with a glow around them...and I've even patted them. They are cool to touch and when close to my face I feel a cool breeze. My cats travel with me wherever I go, turning up at work as I'm typing this! They are such wonderful souls, they sit and purr on me if I'm feeling low and even put their paws in my hand to comfort me. I just love them so much and hope that many more people have the pleasure of the company of these gorgeous semi-physical pets.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Do you drink alot?
Those things you see out of the corner of your eye may in fact be Delirium Tremens.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've had similar experiences.

When I was ten years old or so, perhaps eleven, my dog passed away. He was my best friend since I was born, and the day he had to be put down, my heart broke.

It took me a long time to get over his passing, and I would spend most of my nights crying, wishing he was still here. Years passed and it wasn't up until I was about age thirteen or so that I began seeing these small shadows go across my room. My dog was a purely white dog, but the shadows were dark. They were most often seen in my peripheral vision, and were about the same size as my dog back when he was alive. It didn't happen a lot to me, but every now and then I'd see my Casper's shadow going into the laundry room, or walking down the hallway after I got out of the bathroom.

It never scared me, but just made me sad to know that my dog was still around and I couldn't give him the affection and love that he deserves... I think that ghosts of pets are mostly harmless, I'm sure they just haven't moved on because there is nowhere else in the world that they can be comfortable, their home is their owner and lifelong friend, not the location they were born or raised.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

For a few weeks a little while ago, I thought I would see my white and cream cat in the corner of my eye walk by. I would turn and see nothing. I chalked this up to me expecting to see him there... but then I started seeing the "phantom" cat in other places, outside my home.

Every once in a while I still see that cream colored shadow.

Every one talks about shadow people in the corner of their eye. They are grey or black. But what about the light colored ones?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join