It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Cats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My ghost cat moved away. Or so it seems.

3 weeks ago I got a new lazyboy loveseat.....and I gave the old loveseat to my son's friends family......
Since that time, I have not hear ONE pip from the ghost cat.....I think he left with the couch.
I ask the new couches owner ifthey have heard unusual claw sharpening on the couch and they say no..............nadda.......no sounds.

I always thought ghosts haunted 'people' and not things.......so this is weird to have this sudden change.

I will kinda miss the ghost cat he was pretty kewl.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Greetings all. I am a recent new member, but longtime lurker here at ATS. I just wanted to throw my own story in the ring and see if anyone .may be able to tell me why my own particular ghostcat comes and goes.

I live with my girlfreind and 3 kids in a townhouse. It is a co-op for people on disability who have familes aka "affordable houseing". As her and myself are disabled.

I spend alot of time in the garage, working on minatures and models. As it is a hobby. From time to time usually out of the corner of my eye. I have seen a quick flash of a black cat. This went on for about 2 months now almost three.

Only recently did I see it in full. I was working out there fairley late at night around 2am. I felt like I was being watched, I turned my head. And there was this little black cat. Looked clean and neat and well cared for. Now I have no idea how it could of got in. So thinking that it snuck in I went to let it out. When I moved toward it, It disapeared.

Now I know some will say it ran off, but It was in a closed and locked garage. And I kept my eye on the cat the whole time.

No I did not feel cold, or anything like that either. And I assure you I was sober and free of any narcotic.

Now I am not freaked out as I find it fascinating so can anyone tell me what I saw?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Have you ever owned a cat like that?

It's kinda cool that you find it fascinating and aren't freaked out by it. Animals shouldn't freak you out at all, they should be a comfort.

I've set up my camera but caught nothing which is a bit of a bummer, but something which did catch my interest was this story.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I'm sure you're all aware of it, but it does make me think about how animals provide such a comfort to people, although, it this cat curled up next to me I'm pretty sure I'd freak out.

Anyone know if an ATS research project has been carried out on ghost animals? May be worth a dig if it's not been done.

What do you think people?

BTW, I'm sorry I haven't posted on this for a while, I've been away.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls\\I am interested in hearing about all of this, because I recently began to feel a cat walking up my body to sit on my chest or back, or walking beside me to sit on my pillow, and there was no cat there. I'm wondering if it is my cat who died five years ago, coming to comfort me when I have migraine headaches. I currently have two cats in the house, but this visitor doesn't weigh as much as either of them, yet I can definitely feel each footstep, and someimes I think I feel a cat jumping on the bed. Again--no cat there.

While others have reported seeing ghost cats, i have seen nothing.

If this is my late kitty, why would she take so long to come back?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
After our first guinea pig died I used to hear him still running around the living room when the house was quiet. I have always wondered whether this was his ghost or whether it was in my mind. I never caught sight of him. I wonder how so small a creature could have a ghost - do they have a soul?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i have ghost pet problems sometimes, and i have noticed that ghost pets tend to keep away actual harmful ghost, so i am kinda grateful

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Your not the only one. In the middle of the last night my babysitter woke up to go to the bathroom and she saw 3 cats that weren't hers. Then they just disappeared. So does that expain your question?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SitsinShadow

I see almost exactly the same thing. I figured for a long time that it was a projection from my subconscious mind symbolically trying to tell me something. Until recently when my daughter (9) started seeing them too. we live in an apartment that does not allow pets and I have never told my kids of these things because i want them to be "normal".

However, I have spoken to others and they tell me that if you see cats it is a sign of protection. Similiar to the beliefs of the Egyptians who considered them godly.

Otherwise there's my mother who says ghosts can take any form and she is now going to pray for my household.

That's all I've got. I'm just as curious as you are.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
e-mail me [email protected] If I cant explain I do know I can explain my experience...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The women next door to my house owns like 30 cats and I always see cat ghosts in my house. I followed one down the dining room while waiting for my eggs to boil once thinking it was my own cat as it was tabby but then suddenly it sat by the door and faded, I was really freaked out thinking I was seeing things.

Just last night I was outside with my sister while she had a cigarette and a black cat jumped out from under the table and ran into my house and I went "Did you just see that cat!". My sister did not see it and there was no cat in the house

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am kind of surprised that so many people have such similar stories to tell.

I have had the sensation of a cat pawing my stomach and then laying on me while I was in bed. I do have cats so it was a shocker when I tried to pet it an there was nothing there.

Also, I'd swear I've seen glimpses of cats walking through walls. Years ago my father-in-law said he saw cats jumping through the wall at my house. Nobody, but me took it seriously as he had been ill.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hi All,
I have had many instances of 'ghost cats' coming to me at night. They do all the basic behaviors of a typical live cat- kneading, jumping, even meowing! Sometimes it scares me, because I don't know which cat it is, as I have taken care of many. I can sometimes feel their energy as well- a tingling, warm feeling. What I don't understand is how a ghost can have weight. One night I put my hands up because the ghost kitty was climbing over my neck- and I sensed fur! I believe that the ghost kitty is there to wake me up if I stop breathing- as I have Apnea. I have been woken up many times by him.
Just wanted to share. I can assure you, I am being completely honest about this. Oh- and my brother has a ghost kitty too!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

Cats can turn themselves intangible.

Ever been driving down the road and off to the side is a shrub, and your headlights hits it, and a cat is there, and it looks at you dumbfounded? It is because the cat realized that he/she/it turned off its cloak.

My mom has a cat that can turn it on and off anytime he wants. He's black with thumbs, part rag-doll cat I think, always wants to be in your business--laying there--people think he's a doofus but his attention span for wrecking havoc is uncanny. If you look into his eyes you see that he must know what is going on.

So, anyway, his name is "Buddy" and whenever you go outside to call him (my mom lives on a farm, big open space) he will always walk up from behind you standing there. ALWAYS. I have never called him and seen him walking towards me, it is always from behind, like "oh, hey, here I am." I do not not know how he does it, but he chooses when he wants people to see him.

He loves kids and other cats and dogs and horses and will always find where you are on the farm to hang out. He is a cheshire cat, as I suspect some cats are.

What you are experiencing is not paranormal...for a cat.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have not posted in over a year. I still feel my ghost cat on my bed, when I am sick, usually. I do have cats living in my home, but there are too many times when I feel the weight of a lighter cat, and look around to see nothing there--it doesn't matter if it's day or night, whether it is a pounce on the bed or just lying on my body. I do not know what to believe.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ive been around cats since i was a baby, and stilla round them today

When i was 13, i played with an ouija board..and soon after, my mom would talk about a cat lurking around our house, that was trasnparent, black, had a fat body and tiny buzzsaw shaped head. We did have cats at the time, a maine coon, and the other was a fat black female. This cat didnt appear until after i had been playing with the board. During this time, one day, i entered my room, and a small american flag i had on my desk was waving, as if thier was wind! I loked in awe as a fat orange cat materialized on my desk, playing with the flag! It had an unproportinate head, saber tooth like teeth(the canines were kinda like draculas teeth), had the beutiful yet twilight errie green eyes, and very expressive twilight black slits for pupils...it looked at me, meowed, with nO noise, jumped off my desk and dissapeared...fwe years ago, i was listneing to some death metal music, and i saw in my room, a black animal materialize..not all of it did..I know it was their, becuase my cat now, an orange cat, Oscar, saw it too..he went over to exact spot it was, and started pawing at the floor.
Nothing bad has ever happened..but ive wondered why thier, thier..ive never experinced sensing or feeling a cat ghost on my bed...never. But seeing, that i have!
Were or hvae yuo ever played with an oujia board? I found that if i listened to negative stuff, aka death metal, a black animal appears..very much resembling a cat, judging from the back of head, body, and part of legs materializing for a few seconds then disappearing..

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
Hello people,
Recently I have started seeing numerous ghost cats in my house. I don't mean a vaguely transparent cat sitting in front of me though, I'm talking about seeing one walk past out of the corner of my eye, running across the hall in front of me and things like that. Sometimes, plants are even knocked over in the night.
It's not scary at all, just strange. it's a newish house so I'm the only person to have ever lived there and my cat died about 5 years ago. It could be her, but I'm not sure.
Essentially, what I'm wondering is does anyone else have any experience of dead pets in their house, and why I can see (sort of) the animal ghosts but not any human ones?

Anyone got any ideas?

[edit on 13-7-2007 by more_serotonin_pls]

Me and many guests in my old house in Philadelphia had this experience, we'd only see the shadow or outline momentarily of a cat and it would go under the couch. Some even reported a brushing along the bottom of their legs when they sat on the couch like a cat would do. It was a very old house in this case, so probably an ex tenent. But in your case it probably is your cat saying hello...I have no clue as to why you'd see the ghost of animals and not humans. I'd rather not see either myself , but the cat never scared me all as much as a human ghost would!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
iv got ghost cats!!!. most nights when im watchin tv. i see cats running past the tv screen and onto the window sill.. (my foster carer has had dousens of cats in her life so maybe its one of them) and when im in bed i feel 1 curl up by my feet id if i move it jumpa off... i can actually feel a bump.. dont worry, they just walk/ run around like normal cats

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
We had a ghost of our cat, when I was little. It always slept on one bed in particular when alive. I remeber feeling something jumping onto the bed, walking across then curling up between my feet. I kicked the blankets out of fright & did hear scambering down the hallway. This happened when we had no cats. The ghost continued visiting for a long time until we eventually got a dog & the ghost stopped visiting.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I had a rather strange ghost animal experience myself at one point in time. When I was younger, I had a black and white tabby named Cindy, and I also had a pet gerbil... Well, somehow one day Cindy broke into the cage that housed the gerbil, grabbed him out, and killed him. Well, not long later, I started hearing odd noises in the wall in the area where he died. It sounded as if a rodent was crawling around in there. This continued for quite some time afterward. We never had mouse problems in that house, so my best guess is that it had to be the spirit of the departed gerbil.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Textreply to post by more_serotonin_pls

I used to see ghost cats like you until I moved out of the house in fourth grade. in that house and houses after that I frequently saw flashes of light. but around first grade the cats stopped showing up it was right after I woke up in the middle of the night and saw about 1/2 of a foot long cat eyes staring back at me in my mirror I was really sacred. and like you it was a new house but the weird thing was none of my pets had died I only owned one cat in my entire life and it was still alive and it would hide in my moms closet a lot. like I said this was a house we just built in a new neighborhood there was no explanation for it. I stopped hearing and seeing things around the age of 12 but recently I have been hearing knocks on my bedroom floor at night. I live in a completely different house in another state, but I still haven't seen a ghost cat sense I was in fourth grade. but i still have weird experiences.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join