It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drawings Of Milo Rambaldi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Milo Rambaldi b.1444 d.1496. Born in Parma he was educated by monks and evenchually became a painter, sculptor, or I guess you could say just a commercial artist. Rambaldi also made a claim that science would someday allow us to communicate with god. That would obviously not sit well with the ruling people of the time. Much of his work has been destroyed or lost over the years but the pieces that do remain bear striking resemblance to devices such as telephones and radio transmitters and receivers. However I am most interested in what appears to be schematic drawings that use symbols that are now used in technical drawings. Please look at these two drawings of Rambaldi.

drawing one
drawing two

On both of those drawings there is what looks like a modern schematic, using standard electrical symbols and digital symbols. Does any one know if these symbols had in different meaning in the middle 1400s?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting. I had never heard of this guy before.

Does this help at all:

In 1988, a rudimentary schematic unearthed in one private collector's home in Brazil, indicated on the back, a diagramme for a transportable vocal communicator revealed the design and workings of contemporary cellular phone technologies.

Source

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Major,
Thanks for the response.
That is the question that I am seeking an answer to. The drawings that are know to be his have that striking similarity. That is why I am asking if the symbols he used had any different meaning in the 1400s. If the did then we will know one reason why he might have used them. If they did not, then was he seeing into the future of wireless communications?
Again thanks for the response.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Okey dokey, you ready to blush? I know I'm blushing ...

Milo Rambaldi, according to Wiki:

Milo Giacomo Rambaldi is a fictional person from the American television series Alias.

I should have known. I have NEVER seen any kind of electronic schematic in any renaissance art.

Ooo we got snapped!

[edit:] This explains why I kept finding references to Alias in my first search sweep. D'oh!

[edit on 12-7-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Major
I was aware of the fictional character it was just the site listed above made no reference to the fictional character. That was what I wanted to find out. So yes this question is over since that is the only other reference.
Thanks for taking the time to look.

Mods. I got the answer I was looking for, you can kill this thread.

top topics

join