It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse of America is inevitable and people should leave? Opinions wanted.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
United we must stand.
Please dont give up on your country.
I have had doubts about the U.K. where i reside, but i feel that most countries now hate us and i dont think that we would be welcomed anywhere.Therefore i have decided to stay and face whatever may come.
I do believe that we in the U.K. and yourselves in the Americas are thinking of jumping ship and this can only be more damaging to our countries as a whole.I have family at the moment in other countries right now and they are considering not coming back and i can only think of families here and in U.S.A. splitting up.This does not bode well in my honest opinion.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I am an American who currently lives in Christchurch New Zealand (3 yrs)...not because I hate America, but because my company wanted to build a datacenter in this part of the world and I got picked to do it.

The question for me is...do I want to go back?...at this point not sure...and before the coward word comes up, I am a Navy veteran, done my time...

just not sure I want to live in the U.S. at the moment...and I dont say that lightly...my wife and I are parents of 8 (2 still with us) and grandparents of 3...so it does make it a difficult decision.

edit : added time in NZ for ref.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by deadbang]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
with dollars being the second currency (unofficially) in costa rica i wonder how much a rapid rise in prices of goods would translate over to costa rica and there currency the "colon" prob. "crappy" lol

i am also looking for somewhere else because i think unemployment is going to be way up here. very few understand the luxury that having the petro dollar the world's currency for oil has been for american and why it is the reason our government can run such deficit's and debt's and we don't get inflation. because we export inflation to other country's especially those that we have trade deficit's with. it is an almost unbelievable system that the united states has been the benifactor of for last 20 plus years, but all that is in serious jeporady and not even a war in iran could save the dollar this time. how will people feed there family's when consumers' have no more money to spend as there bills rise and the cost of goods and gas continues to rise sharply at the same time they are getting laid off more and more, and violence increases more and more

would u feel so patriotic explaining to youf wife and children why there is no food for them and how the house is getting repo'd , and that you were to "proud" that you had to stay and "protect the country" it sounds lovely , but do you seriously think u can. or maybe people are in denial or disbelief.

all our meat and potatoes jobs sectors have been shipped overseas

we are a economy based on service jobs. people need money to pay for services. people will have significantly higher bills and not be getting paid more. the well off will be hit very hard as well, as the stock market will crumble. the economy is being held together by so much leveraged credit that the basic structure is so wobbly a little shake up in the chineese stock market could blow it over, and coupled with a housing sector nightmare, and the world moving away from dollars to pay for petrol well ya might wanna get a move on it, if you don't have a family, by all means stay and protect the country, if you do...... don't let your pride cause them to suffer

i'm thinking croatia, costa rica or maybe just move back in with the parents and find a job (in the police/security sector) which will have increased demand, or maybe invest in GOLD or oil stocks, cause well they b goin up very soon.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
American's powering-down the PS3, and setting down the Ding Dongs long enough to revolt? Nice fantasy, just getting the majority out to vote might be a good start. Even among voters, any population that will accept the current American Presidential 'debate' platform as...well, a debate, rather than American Idol Stump Speech, or Miss America Q&A...is already the unwitting victim of subtle Orwellian double-speak.

However, as often as I rag on the the economy, the Dollar, the deficits etc (real concerns)...I think were in for a MAJOR wobble...not total collapse...the world is just too small, and ultimately, there's no viable alternative currency to the US Buck. I do see ample...er...lifestyle adjustments ahead though, along with the re-emergence of Cold War, the Fed losing control, rampant inflation, and Gold-Silver-Energy as wise investments.

As far as bailing-out is concerned, that's everyones personal decision. If I truly believed the wheels were coming completely off, would I stick around out a sense of misguided patriotism? Doubt it. People have always escaped anarchy, or political-economic oppression. I'd be more than willing to stand fast on the deck of my own Titanic...but I would never let my family sink to the bottom on someone else's...not even the Federal Gubmunt's. Whether it's total Dark Night of the Soul, or only a full-tilt wobble...the saddest part is that a large percentage of the US populace will never really understand what happened.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm here (in the States) for the duration. Come what may, this is my home. Where I was raised, taught, and learned to live. Many have died to protect what is, or was, but will be again, America. How can I do less in my own little way?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have also thought about leaving, but I can never find a place where the same standard of living and freedoms exist.

I have traveled abroad and I have been to some great places but I just can’t find the balance needed for me to up and leave.

I loved Panama and I have considered it, it is a close 2nd. But it has its problems too.

In a pervious post Cuba was mentioned and I have to say that I have speculated on Cuba for a number of years for business ventures and investments. And once the government changes I will be there for business. I see this being a place where a great number of Americans go to retire, more than they are now in Mexico or any other place.

I loved Africa but its is just too turbulent.

Australia and New Zealand would be great but there are a few things that deter me. First I believe to gain residence you have to invest a great deal of money into the economy, something I don’t have. Also the limited ownership of firearms is a problem for me.

I do agree in part with those who say we should stay and fight. I feel an obligation to defend the Constitution, and I have my entire adult life.

But through out time the rise and fall of great civilizations and countries have occurred like turning a page in a book. In American and other Democracies we are not immune to this change. And I have asked myself is it better to stay and fight or flee. Now I have a family and that is my number one concern.

I can say the one thing that would change my mind is if the government bans private ownership of firearms. Here is the one thing that maintains the balance and keeps people truly free.

I guess when it comes down to it I would stay and do what I had to do to protect my family. Survival is easier if you have knowledge of your surroundings and can get support for others in the area.

My advice is to set up mutual assistance networks. Then prepare and collect items that would have value and use to your survival.

After seeing what happened with our recent natural disasters I have accepted that I must provide for myself and not rely on government for aide or assistance. I live in a disaster prone area and I have taken a number of steps to insure my family’s survival.

I guess I would like to say I would stand and fight but I don’t think it is that easy, common sense would say to flee. It scares me that we must ponder such thoughts.

Please if anyone finds a suitable location I would love to hear it.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Canada is sounding beter and better to me all the time. It's a beautiful country, has friendly people, a low crime rate, and good, affordable healthcare. Now if they'll only have me..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join