It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse of America is inevitable and people should leave? Opinions wanted.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Free to Choose what? sure you can pick out a "leader" but your only choices are tainted.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The way things are going; Mexico will soon be building a fence to keep the gringos out.

True, true, very true.

I hope Fidel Castro will leave this earth in the next couple of years and i will go back- i dont care if i have to live in a grass hut on a beach. He does have to die first before i will inflate my boat, though.

I have talked my husband into it and he's game. My kids, i have to work on.

Where else would i go? South Pacific someplace to remind me of home and live off the ocean.

I long for a Moo Moo a fire, and some peace. No modern anything- Just me and the sky and the ocean. No news of whats going on in the world, i wont care.

It doesnt hurt to dream.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
Free to Choose what? sure you can pick out a "leader" but your only choices are tainted.

First, you need to understand that we don't have leaders. We have representatives. That is the most current and ongoing misconception.

I can choose to hold my representatives accountable for his/her actions.
I can choose to voice my opinion, whether or not it's heeded.
I can choose to pick my battles.
I can choose to love my nation with every fiber of my being.
I can choose to hold myself accountable to stand up for my country.
I can choose to be involved with the futures, not for myself, but for future generations (especially those that I brought into this world).

I can choose to continue with the nation that our Founding Fathers died establishing, exercising each and ever last civil liberty and freedom that has been provided.

I can choose to continue with the nation that our family members, old and new, continue to die to protect, whether or not they are mislead just as we as the general populous are.

Need I go on?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This truly is laughable...I can't believe people think Central America is going to be a safe haven if the U.S. should ever fall...I travel to Mexico and other parts of Central America regularly and I'll you in on a secret...the little economy that trickles down to the main populace and solid infrastructure that they do have there is mostly thanks to U.S. investments. FYI Mexico is the #2 oil importer to the U.S. (ref)
However...I'll find it interesting and most of all amusing to see people packing up to go there. Personally...I would prefer Chile...if I was on the move...but Chile's ties to the U.S. are obvious as well. Maybe somewhere in the jungles of the Congo?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
This truly is laughable...I can't believe people think Central America is going to be a safe haven if the U.S. should ever fall...I travel to Mexico and other parts of Central America regularly and I'll you in on a secret...the little economy that trickles down to the main populace and solid infrastructure that they do have there is mostly thanks to U.S. investments. FYI Mexico is the #2 oil importer to the U.S. (ref)
However...I'll find it interesting and most of all amusing to see people packing up to go there. Personally...I would prefer Chile...if I was on the move...but Chile's ties to the U.S. are obvious as well. Maybe somewhere in the jungles of the Congo?

It's laughable that you're not considering America is the most violent nation on Earth.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
How is it the most violent nation in the world? Because truthout.org said so?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My doctor prescribed a pill called Naproxene yesterday
so I am taking it now

Did some research on it and the FDA says they don't know how the pill relieves pain or how it acts like an anti-inflammotory but users should play caution while using the pill.

Pfizer will be doing an independant study on it and results will be available in 4yrs.

What the hell???????? Pfizer is doing an independant research????
results in 4yrs??????????? Take it off the market then.

Anyone know anything about Naproxene?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree America is never going to disappear. We may go through a depression in the future, but real Americans will be here to rebuild. The thing people don't understand is that what affects the US affects the world. The world does not want to destroy itself as much as some people want to believe.

No other country would nuke us because we would destroy them. Do you really think our leaders would be dumb enough to nuke their own country? What would that accomplish? Our economy and currency failing would be enough to establish a super evil New World Order if they wanted to.

Whatever happens, I will always be here fighting for my country. I will never die a coward. And are you really going to leave the country, just because of an overwhelmingly and incredibly slanted article on a website that tries to use fear to sell you on holistic medicine. Come on!

Conventional and holistic medicine both has it's pluses and minuses. If the "cult" of conventional medicine is so bad, than why are places like Johns Hopkins currently running tests on the effectiveness of holistic treatment.

The FDA is a messed up system, but they are not in the back pocket of the "Big Pharma" then why do they turn down so many of their drugs and actually approve a small amount per year. They approved less than 30 new drugs last year. The problem is that drug trials are so expensive. This gives the bigger companies an unfair advantage, because they have the funds to trial more drugs. I know many organic chemists and I know that it is frustrating for them, because of how few drugs get past trials.

These guys aren't completely wrong about how screwed up our medical system is, but they are so anti-conventional medicine it's ridiculous. These guy's aren't saying anything new this info about our system of medicine and health. The info has been around for 20-30 years. Don't forget how Bob Marley died, because he refused conventional medical attention for malignant cancer of his football toe. I should know. I was going blind as a teenager because of a brain tumor, and today I can see because of conventional medicine. No herbal or holistic remedy could have done that.

I do like Ron Paul as a candidate, but he is too truthful to win at this point and time. Plus for him to win, he would really need to spell out how his plan of going back to strict Constitutionalism would work, because it is not going to be an easy task. I for one don't know how you would go to the gold standard without creating havoc on our whole economy. I think it is awesome just getting attention, because people are becoming more aware of the serious issues America has to deal with at some point in time.

Our system is starting to bend under the weight of our government's ineptitude and corruption, but I for one will definitely be there to help repair it, if and when it does happen. I mean if you want to leave the country to enjoy another part of the world for a while that's one thing, but to run away because of phantom fears is another thing completely. Are country may go through some tough times into the future, but we will always be the United States of the New Order.
Too funny!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For those of you who are anxious to leave the US if it "collapses", I encourage you to do so. Somebody has to stay behind and put us back together again, and I will be among them.

As far as America collapsing, it's going to take a lot more than an article from some eco-nut promoting his own brand of Superfood Smoothies to convince me that it's happening. I mean, he may have some experience with health foods and natural healing, but how does that make him an expert on world politics?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

First, you need to understand that we don't have leaders. We have representatives. That is the most current and ongoing misconception.

I can choose to be involved with the futures, not for myself, but for future generations (especially those that I brought into this world).

I can choose to continue with the nation that our Founding Fathers died establishing, exercising each and ever last civil liberty and freedom that has been provided.

I can choose to continue with the nation that our family members, old and new, continue to die to protect, whether or not they are mislead just as we as the general populous are.

Need I go on?

Here, here! I think our country is currently in dire straights. I think that another revolution is inevitable, but I will not walk away from the country that so many have fought and died to protect and defend. Something drastic needs to happen in this country but I will forever remain and fight with every fiber of my being to defend her.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
My doctor prescribed a pill called Naproxene yesterday
so I am taking it now

Did some research on it and the FDA says they don't know how the pill relieves pain or how it acts like an anti-inflammotory but users should play caution while using the pill.

Pfizer will be doing an independant study on it and results will be available in 4yrs.

What the hell???????? Pfizer is doing an independant research????
results in 4yrs??????????? Take it off the market then.

Anyone know anything about Naproxene?

en.wikipedia.org...

Ask and you shall receive. If you ever don't know something go start at wikipedia. It's not to hard to do good research, especially if it deals with your health.

If you are taking it on a daily basis for a long period of time, he should have prescribed or told you to get an over-the-counter (OTC) proton pump inhibitor (PPI) such as Nexium or Prilosec (which is the most commonly prescribed PPI and is available OTC). Naproxen is also available over-the-counter under the most common name Aleve.

If you don't know about your medication ask your doctor, they cannot read your mind about questions or concerns. They are also to busy to tell everyone of their patients exactly everything about their medications or go to wikipedia and research it on your own.

They know for the most part how Naproxen works, but they don't know how may have bad side effects for those who are vulnerable to heart attacks and strokes. If you are in good health, you should be fine. Vioxx and Celebrex are two NSAIDS that have pulled from the shelves, because their has been evidence that taking them at high dosage for long periods of time dramatically increases the risks of heart attack and stroke.

You have to remember that the FDA cannot do long term trials on drugs. If they did many of the most helpful new drugs on the market wouldn't be there for decades. Not that the drug companies and the FDA receive big black eyes for the Vioxx and Celebrex mishaps. Both Merck and Pfizer loss a ton of money over the whole fiasco.

I personally research any medication I take to find out the low down on it before I put it into my body. I also go straight to my doctor if I have any bad side effects from any of my medications, and get alternatives. I always think it's my body and my health, so I should be the one ultimately responsible for it. I thinks it's a good attitude towards health and medicine. If you have chronic pain you should research and try meditation techniques on how to overcome it. I've been doing it for over 12 years, and it really works. Plus, it can't hurt you at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

Need I go on?

Man that is powerful! It definitely is a world of choices isn't it? One country united can never fall.

Why are you not running for office?

This is seriously the best single post I have seen on ATS in a long time. Good job!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
As far as America collapsing, it's going to take a lot more than an article from some eco-nut promoting his own brand of Superfood Smoothies to convince me that it's happening. I mean, he may have some experience with health foods and natural healing, but how does that make him an expert on world politics?

Applause......

That said we should all read up on Codex. The FDA ruling is just the start. CODEX effectively renders natural choices illegal with our only option drugs and surgery. This is really scary.

There is an excellent article on this very subject in the latest addition of New Dawn by Reg Little.

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

If you want to know about CODEX activities you will find information here but please look beyond the hype.

www.codexalimentarius.net...

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Just a quick edit...

You can chose not to fight, for now, but you cannot chose the battle.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
1. If you stay in America you will have to kill Americans.

2. Many will stay and a civil war will start.

3. If you move out of the country you can still help.

4. A civil war in USA will destabilize the entire world.

5. This world is due to change in the next 5 years.

Good luck to all, you all have a purpose and you are all important!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To Loose Lips :

The Iron Mountain Think Tank in 1962 suggested several "Bush Wars" to keep the economy afloat just before "environmental restitution". Price of leaving the gold standard is hyper inflation. The worse case was in China with inflation of 800 million to one. Prewar Germany by comparison was only about 32 to one.

Oh and if it is a slave ship it should be sunk!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Herm..

I read this thread twice trying to figure out what the hell was being talked about .. mainly due to the fact that one individual seems to think those who emigrate are cowards.. not sure how that got tossed in there.
I ask you this, why did you ancestors come here? If you follow your logic we are 400 million descended cowards.

Then, I thought about American Emigration, which ironically there is very little information easily accessible to anyways.

mmigration is an issue in dozens of nations, but interest is focused on the migration from poorer nations to wealthier nations. What about the reverse?

American Emigration

Emigration is when a local citizen or populace (mass emigration) leave their home country and go to another..

Immigration is when a foreign national immigrates to a new country. Mexicans immigrate here, but are emigrants from Mexico.

This has nothing to do with being a coward, it is a natural human tendency to move from nation to nation when periods of economic, political ect unrest occur.

Current estimates say that over the last decade 3 million Americans left the country, while millions more came in. Estimates also say nearly 17 million other Americans would consider it.....

I would bet most of this has to do with politics, however I would not say "all" have to do with politics..

I for one WILL leave this country for my own personal reasons to a location far, far away from the US simply because I cannot stand it here, at all.. the ignorance and the materialism is mind boggling sometimes.

Yes, America will fall because every massive political institution WILL fall, eventually, and America has had a good run.

You cannot go up for ever though, you must come down.

Essentially in the OP's original quote it detailed some chilling aspects of this country..

But I think this explains EVERYTHING there needs to be explaining of.

America has devolved into a modern mirror image of the Roman Empire in its last dying days -- steeped in corruption, abandoning its citizens, arrogant beyond all reason, oblivious to the world around it and wholly committed to destroying itself from within.

This is the perfect description of America's current state. Corruption ends everything, eventually, without timetable but the corruption, like a virus, will spread into ever aspect of life and eventually the self destruction of the entire system will come, without warning, rapidly and will bring the entire political system to its knees.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't care or know about my ancestors RockPuck...that time is irrelevant to my present decisions. I only live in the now. What I see here is individuals building up a fantasy of escapism because this country just doesn't suit them on a personal level...so yes..'coward' is a fair term to apply in this case. I would in fact encourage them to move else where and so they can make realistic comparisons.
As far as the actual evidence of America collapsing....I have yet to see this....and from reliable sources. The government hands out hundreds of contracts on a daily basis...and here we have a handful of dead set pessimists who think a few articles they read on the internet can determine America's doom. Hilarious...keep it up.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Personally, I'd rather fight and die here in the USA than live peacefully anywhere else. I won't be chased from my home by a bunch of scum-sucking globalist filth. Less than 10% of the population fought and won the revolutionary war. It can be done again.

In the whole wide world there's no magic place,
So you might as well rise, put on your bravest face

-Neil Peart, et al

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands (boots) which feed (stomp) you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-Samuel Adams

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think the idea of a mass exodus from the US is nonsense. However, I request that you send the Republicans north to Canada and the Democrats south to Mexico...

Seriously, though, I offer this food for thought: of all those nations that have provided millions of immigrants to the US, which of them - if any - do you think would have the good grace to return the favour and welcome the fleeing Americans?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join