It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Chief: Arafat died of AIDS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Let's step back for a second and evaluate the situation objectively guys.

There are two competing national interests involved here, each of which, despite racism, attrocities, etc, ultimately wants not only to hurt the other but to obtain something for themselves. That is the key here: each has something at stake to gain.

Therefore it is not sensible to assume that anything and everything that goes on in the situation is baseless racism. That adds a hostile element to the discussion that simply is not necessary.

It is sufficient to evaluate the veracity of any claims as potential propaganda without resorting to allegations of racism. In this case, the claims don't add up and very well may be propaganda.

Anything that comes out of either side could be true, or it could be designed to achieve a popular perception that is advantageous to the creator of it if it is false. Why isn't that enough? Why do some people insist on backing one side in all instances, with the insistence that anything and everything that doesn't line up with their views is based in racism?

So please guys, let's keep the racism out of this to the extent that is practical. We don't need to take this stuff personally.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well said Vagabond.... Very diplomatic of you

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Your racism is astonishing. You now have the honor of being the first person on my ignore list.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Uhh i must have missed something, maybe you could bold or otherwise highlight what part of ThePieMaN's post was racist?

I personally dont see it, and i think others will have the same problem. Either you jumped to gun, or are trying to discredit ThePieMaN with this type of post.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I wish there was a way for us to view the medical records; that would tell us for sure, and frankly that's the only way to get an iron-clad answer.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the link Byrd, I see that he did have the spot at a younger age.

Still I thought that his death was related to some liver disease, but anyway, he is death so anybody can claim anything the want as the reason for death.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
An autopsy was denied by his family...
~for whatever reason~

but as far as AIDS,
that's a stretch,
after all he was 75 years old,
and i haven't heard of people with HIV or flull blown AIDS to live long

Then as for his age spots,
that's not a sign of AIDS,
thats a result of skin capillaries & age

but on the other hand, the veracity of this current slam,
i'd direct you to an interesting article from this URL;

web.israelinsider.com...

with reports on 19 Nov '04 that has Arafat alive and kissing
photos as proof

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I'll believe it when it is on a reputable site (bbc, cnn, fox, msnbc). If it was true I am sure people everywhere would be talking about it.

They all covered his connection with aids back in 2004 & -05 this is nothing new and has been implied and or suspected ever since his death

NewsMax quoting times article

More from Jul 05 2007 includes video link

Ahmad Jibril, Secretary-General of the PFLP General Command: I Was Told by Abu Mazen's Team that Arafat Died of AIDS Following is an excerpt from an interview with Ahmad Jibril, Secretary-General of the PFLP General Command, which aired on Al-Manar TV on July 5, 2007:]IndnyBay

[edit on 7/13/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
An autopsy was denied by his family...
~for whatever reason~

but as far as AIDS,
that's a stretch,
after all he was 75 years old,
and i haven't heard of people with HIV or flull blown AIDS to live long
You're assuming that he got it--if he had it--at a young age like others. But if he had gotten it, say, 10 or 12 years before he died, then it is perfectly reasonable that he would make it that long.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just because he allegedly died of AIDS does not mean proof that he was a homosexual,or liked little boys. I agree with that. There are many other ways he could have contracted the disiese. If he didn't have AIDS why are the official medical records un disclosed. If he was indeed poisoned how come no one has come forward with proof of it? Why is his death such a "mystery"

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Okay, I'll play the conspiracy role. Lets say hypothetically that he died of AIDS. Could he have been given that disease by someone who not only wanted him to die but wanted to make his suffering as humiliating as possible? I am personally not saying that having AIDS is humiliating - it is a terrible disease - but there is still a stigma attached to the disease.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
No one else would gain from such a rumor other then an Israelis.

Hmm. What about Hamas. They don't think very highly of Arafat either. It could be propaganda to strengthen Hamas' new leadership in Gaza. See their take-over wouldn't be so bad if they showed that the previous leader was sort of fruity. Israel isn't the only one with an agenda.

Photo taken at Palestinian HQ in Gaza last month

A foot to the face is the worst insult one Arab can give another.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Why is his death such a "mystery"

It's not really.

He was a 75 year old man for crying out loud!! We'll be lucky if we all live to be so old!

Get a grip on yourselves.

I see people in this thread who WANT this to be true because it fits their biases and people who CAN'T believe this because it doesn't fit their biases.

Kinda funny and not, at the same time. Know what I mean?

In the end it really doesn't matter one iota what the cause of death was.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The Major is ambivalent to this report, and finds it the moral equivalent of a report citing Joseph Stalin's penchant for nasal exploration at the dinner table. While distasteful and certainly a character flaw, it in no way defines what a piece of excrement he was. The same may be said for Ringo Starr's twin brother. The Major was always impressed how Yasser could always find a way to bilk even more money and blood out of the Palestinian people, and then always left them begging for more graft, corruption and callous expenditure of it's youth. He was a snake oil vendor beyond compare, a con man and "carny" all wrapped up in a bad fashion statement.

The reason the Israelis never made a whole hearted attempt to properly aerate this paragon ocean floor mammal feces is that he was better at killing Palestinians than they were; and in that lies the interesting current events development. In his most admirable trait, Yasser has now been eclipsed.

The Major can only wonder how many generations of Palestinians have yet to suffer before they realize that their current course of action will continue to lead them to ruin. The Major hopes he has enough campaigns left in his weary bones to see peaceful resolution in the Middle East, but isn't counting on it.

Dismissed.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Does it really matter? The guy is dead, part of history. What we should be more concerned with is bringing the Middle East toghether in peace, unity and friendship and making the world a safer place. That should be our concern. We should be concentrating on the future and not swell on the past, if this world has any chance of surviving the next 50 years we should be talking peace not war !! Whether he was good or evil, gay or not let the guy rest in peace and focus our attention on those in charge of the mess the Middle East is in today and work towards a peaceful and just solution to it's problems.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So far, the sources are...
WND
LittleGreenFootballs
Newsmax

Three of the United States' own wannabe pravda.ru's.

The implication is that a 75 year-old man who was holed up in a single building for the last years of his life and who held what may in fact have been the most stressful political position on the face of the earth, could not possibly have died of anything but AIDS.

If he DID have AIDS, then he was without a doubt, the single most durable AIDS patient in human history.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"Lliking little boys" is probably not a great way to get AIDS, how many "little boys" have AIDS, really?

I think it's likely that when any controversial figure dies after an extended illness, we'll hear speculation about AIDS.

So far, the sources are...
WND
LittleGreenFootballs
Newsmax

Yeah it's not like any of the above sources exactly hides their political biases...

[edit on 7/14/07 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Hmm. What about Hamas. They don't think very highly of Arafat either. It could be propaganda to strengthen Hamas' new leadership in Gaza. See their take-over wouldn't be so bad if they showed that the previous leader was sort of fruity. Israel isn't the only one with an agenda.

Normally I would say yes, but an article written by a jewish author, in pro-Israeli news outlets screams HASBARA to me. If it was Hamas it would have been on Al-Minara, Al-Jazeera and all the major Arab news outlets. Not littlegreenfootbals.com

People just dont realize the hundreds of millions of dollars as well as the man-hours of trained volunteers and website owners poured into propaganda that Israel churns out every year to assure that they stay on top of this situation in the middle east morally, financially, politically and militarily. Look up Hasbara on google.

We are being played as puppets. This kind of thing is only the tip of the iceberg that we can see. The iceberg goes deep down.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I really would like to know the truth behind his death, but there is no proof. This WND article is all hearsay. It would be something if a story like this picked up steam and actually went international, but I doubt it.

I just wish both the Jewish and the Islamic could reach an agreement to share Israel and peacefully co-exist with each other, instead of insisting on control. I am sure YHVH or Allah would want peace over bloodshed.

That being said, I know the Jewish have true claim to the land based on the historical perspective. Muslims really don't have much claim to the land. In a perfect world the Muslim community should realize that it's just not worth it and back off. I am not saying the Jewish are perfect (they are human), but Islamics really can't say that you have a real claim based on prophesy and conquests of old.

Here's a good link to the real history behind Israel and Jerusalem by someone who has spent the majority of his life studying and researching the region and it's history to find the truth:

www.danielpipes.org...

I was born and raised Catholic (believe me we have our own major problems). I am not pro-Jewish or anti-Islamic. I am not saying any other religion is better than the other, but the historical facts are the facts. The Islamics have not much claim to Israel and Jerusalem.

I am not a Zionist, but merely a peace-loving and a free-thinking person. I have done my own research on the subject and I have drawn this conclusion for myself. I believe all major religions are equal. I think you can learn from all of them and their teachings. I just find that it is madness to shed blood in the name of religious prophesy.

I feel for the Muslims because many have been led astray by radical teachings. I just hope drastic action doesn't have to occur before peace in the region can be realized.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think you need to read more of Daniel Pipes work. He hates muslims. He is rabidly Zionist. If you want something in between go to mideastweb.org and you can read many articles on the issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join